• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Anybody calling my brother Cheddahz' posts "shitposts" can leave this thread
pacspitpbjc2.png
pacspitpbjc2.png

Besides, nothing wrong with people not fucking with a 4/10 project

Roc Marciano said:
Pull out the pump, let it sneeze once
I put the axe to your back like tree trunks
Niggas had a brief run, the shit was sweet like a capri sun
Kid Capri - peachfuzz
Your bitch lick the precum off the D-cups
My nuts hang like ribs on a meat truck

raw

Dereck

Pull out the pump, let it sneeze once
I put the axe to your back like tree trunks
Niggas had a brief run, the shit was sweet like a capri sun
Kid Capri - peachfuzz
Your bitch lick the precum off the D-cups
My nuts hang like ribs on a meat truck

raw
Yep, I remember hearing this on the first listen

raw

Koozek

They are both bad. Seriously I don't know how anyone takes mumble rap seriously. Pronounce your words for fucks sake.
Part of the charm for me with rappers like Thugga because it makes the voice work more like an instrument when you don't really listen to the words themselves as much as the tone and melody. Besides, I understand 95% of what Future says and I'm not even a native speaker - there are better examples for unintelligible rappers. Honestly though, I don't think Mumble rap is actually unintelligible for the most part. Keef, 21 Savage, Yachty & Co. "mumble rap", but it's really not hard to understand them (apart from the slang), especially since the lyrics are so simplistic. The only one I really had trouble understanding was Thugga and Desiigner. And it doesn't matter because he's one of the freshest, uniquest, and influential rappers of this generation. I mean this sincerely.

Who cares about the lyrics anymore, anyway? It's all about melody, flow, energy, and mood for me nowadays.

Vorheez

Just what the world needs. Another imitated Irish post.

you could say that he is a second-rate irish

but that would imply irish is first rate

See, disrespecting Irish like that just shows how far this community has fallen. Sad. Would you disrespect your own grandfather? No, you wouldn't, so give Irish his due respect.

Apparently my post wasn't good enough to fit the narrative of that web your spinning
I'm sorry, did you feel left out? I know there was a reason why I didn't include you...

They are both bad. Seriously I don't know how anyone takes mumble rap seriously. Pronounce your words for fucks sake.

Oh yeah, it's because you say shit like that and it's impossible to take you seriously

thoughtful reply:

That was easy.

I knew you wouldn't let me down HiiiLife

Never change <3

HiiiLife

See, disrespecting Irish like that just shows how far this community has fallen. Sad. Would you disrespect your own grandfather? No, you wouldn't, so give Irish his due respect.

I'm sorry, did you feel left out? I know there was a reason why I didn't include you...

Oh yeah, it's because you say shit like that and it's impossible to take you seriously

I knew you wouldn't let me down HiiiLife

Never change <3

You know why I'm here fam

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

More like if you are going to quote everyone talking about that album, you should include all responses otherwise you look stupid

Oh and then you say this and it makes you look even more stupid.

WaffleTaco

It's easy to understand these guys, not sure what you are talking about.

I also love Death Metal, so YMMV.
Generally I shouldn't have to look at the lyrics to know what someone is saying. But yeah I don't understand death metal either.

Part of the charm for me with rappers like Thugga because it makes the voice work more like an instrument when you don't really listen to the words themselves as much as the tone and melody. Besides, I understand 95% of what Future says and I'm not even a native speaker - there are better examples for unintelligible rappers. Honestly though, I don't think Mumble rap is actually unintelligible for the most part. Keef, 21 Savage, Yachty & Co. "mumble rap", but it's really not hard to understand them (apart from the slang), especially since the lyrics are so simplistic. The only one I really had trouble understanding was Thugga and Desiigner. And it doesn't matter because he's one of the freshest, uniquest, and influential rappers of this generation. I mean this sincerely.

Who cares about the lyrics anymore, anyway? It's all about melody, flow, energy, and mood for me nowadays.
I kind of see what you are saying, because that is why I like Young Thug, but I can only tolerate it in small doses. I just don't like rap where I have to guess at the lyrics. And I think lyrics are pretty important to a rap song.

Nibel

To understand mumble rap you have to pay extra attention to the lyrics which puts mumble rap on the same level as conscious rap which is seen as the highest form of lyrical expression in the rap music genre

904272397c9ac80de56ebv2p9m.png

WaffleTaco

His fall from grace will be spectacular to watch. Kanye's the reason you are even here you stupid moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom