• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

20 Karat Jesus

I1uE4he.gif

Gibbs polished and focused his sound even more with this one. Cohesive as hell. More dense and atmospheric production without losing the hard drums and smooth flow that drives the track.

Many flame emojis
Many anime gifs

Gonna go ahead and throw "NO PRBLMS (Freestyle)" on as a bonus.

This beat is so hard. Q's verse WHEW.

I'm part of the reason they still Crippin' out in Brooklyn/
Before I was an artist I would book 'em, mm/
Push ya shit back while on them front line, nigga, ya lunch time/
I'm by them stop sign, you love that wi-fi/
On mamas for them dirty dollars, brains on collars/
Park the car around the corner, I'll be there in a second/
The murder weapon on me, fuck if this bitch start flamin'/
The cops patrollin', get that punk ass American flag ceremony/
Aww, damn am I going too far?/

From gettin' lynched in field into ownin' buildings/
Getting millions, influencin' white children/
And oddly we still ain't even/
Still a small percentage of blacks that's eating/
Same routines, the same dope fiends/
Them nightmare dreams, forever murder season/
Bad intentions to them picket fences/
They gave us guns but won't hire us, nigga?/
So we killin' senseless/

Q, chill

Somebody stop the damn match

Vorheez

He's constantly hailed "great" by critics and hardcore fans when in reality I get the impression most people didn't like TPAB and probably don't think GKMC is miles ahead of [insert whatever other great rap album has come out in last decade]. He has zero radio presence outside of guest appearances (most of which are BAD btw, as seen by the fact that his verse is entirely cut from Goosebumps which is a hit record now). He doesn't tour outside of festivals, which suggests he's not able to sell out major venues on his own.

And in general rap has moved on. This current atmosphere is all about Future, Thug, Kanye, etc. This is a post Pablo era, no one has time for what Kendrick is doing.

I'd go further and say Big Sean could probably take him in a battle. Sean's verses are concise and make sense, and he has punchlines. That matters in a rap battle. Kendrick hasn't had a QUOTABLE verse since Fucking Problems.
Truth. Great post.

LionPride

Banned
He's constantly hailed "great" by critics and hardcore fans when in reality I get the impression most people didn't like TPAB and probably don't think GKMC is miles ahead of [insert whatever other great rap album has come out in last decade]. He has zero radio presence outside of guest appearances (most of which are BAD btw, as seen by the fact that his verse is entirely cut from Goosebumps which is a hit record now). He doesn't tour outside of festivals, which suggests he's not able to sell out major venues on his own.

And in general rap has moved on. This current atmosphere is all about Future, Thug, Kanye, etc. This is a post Pablo era, no one has time for what Kendrick is doing.

I'd go further and say Big Sean could probably take him in a battle. Sean's verses are concise and make sense, and he has punchlines. That matters in a rap battle. Kendrick hasn't had a QUOTABLE verse since Fucking Problems.
This is the most trollin ass shit I've seen this side of coli and ktt

Gibbs cd is dope. Didn't he also have a collabo CD planned last year before all that bullshit started? Wonder if we'll get that this year. Ready for more Gibbs after these eight tracks for damn sure.

Gibbs cd is dope. Didn't he also have a collabo CD planned last year before all that bullshit started? Wonder if we'll get that this year. Ready for more Gibbs after these eight tracks for damn sure.

I think all of us are super excited for Bandana, but we haven't heard anything about it yet. Hopefully this year, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom