• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

https://soundcloud.com/germone/yungminorthreat

s0TF0Fu.gif

I have come back to this thread for something other than anti-Drake opinions.

Anyone in this thread wanna try my dumb DMX flavored indie game? Originally posted in the indie development gaming thread:
ATTN: DMX fans, Bonnie Tyler fans, DDR/Stepmania fans, Guitar Hero/Rock Band fans, comedy game fans, and people who are none of those things:
Here is a demo of my upcoming comedy rhythm game starring rapper DMX. It is still in alpha stages, made in GM: Studio 1.4, but this level is mostly complete. Please try and enjoy.

DMX Presents: Super-Unnecessary Hypeman Hero
(the sequel to my cruddy first Gamemaker game, DMX Presents: Unnecessary Hypeman Hero which released to critical acclaim*)
22205-nbmr2bgf.jpg

(logo from the first game)

Screenshot:
q2e6%2Fk.png

Story (Tentative):
Hardcore 90's rapper DMX endeavors to apply his hypeman skills to songs with a "gentler" message. Can you help him renounce his derogatory past and redeem himself?

Link and Technical requirements:
https://dude902.itch.io/dmxhero2?password=cctest
Only tested on a Windows 7 computer. Plays best in Chrome, may have audio issues in Firefox (which, being a rhythm game, is a big issue). Also, it runs smoother for me if I restart the browser before playing, so I recommend doing that if it's not too much of an inconvenience.

I would appreciate feedback on the overall look and feel, stuff like fonts, visual feedback, and the positioning of hud elements. Also, I really want to know if you found it enjoyable or funny, and which of the above categories you fit into (fans of DMX are most appreciated). My best friend has a lot of experience with rhythm games and doesn't care for DMX, and he found it boring and too easy. Also, I'm interested how it looks on a 120hz monitor, since it should run at 120fps.

Misc.:
Lastly, if someone has a PS3/PS2 guitar controller and can test if the four colored buttons are mapped properly, I would really appreciate it. I have been told 360 guitar controllers work already (on the windows executable version, it is unclear to me if all controllers work on the HTML5 exported version).

*lmao not really, but the first game I made got a 4.5 rating on Gamejolt with 29 ratings, $4.30 in ad revenue, 14.7k views, 1.7k downloads, and multiple youtube videos

overcast

Can't wait. When I saw him live he did lean a bit too much into his like.. house music like features?
FUTURE yeah, HNDRXX definitely no.
Future is better than Hndrxx. But both are kinda just okay.
Green & Purple - Cool, cool.
A Man - Dope
Butterfly Effect - Trash ass rapping but cool beat. Kinda just sucks.

Can't wait. When I saw him live he did lean a bit too much into his like.. house music like features?
At the NYC show, he did the Major Lazer remix to Ghost, the GTA song, and the Flume song, which are his main EDM features to date, iirc. I was honestly hoping he'd do Ascension but I can understand why he didn't. The show's tracklist overall was mostly Summertime '06 stuff, with the rest of the songs coming from the EPs and the features.

also this is a couple weeks old so it was prolly already posted but this Ramriddlz is a sleeper for song of the summer, whewww:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jElADTE9hyU

I know, I know.

Habaesha is an absolute banger, and this is coming from a guy that doesn't fuck with Ramriddlz at all. But that song, man, that song.

Salaam, they call me Ram
But you can call me Ramy, madame
Girl I know you want this banane
But imma pass it off to Jaegen
Let me beat it up like Jaegen
She say I'm a gyalis
But babe for you I talk to gyal less
You make me be a better man

NgnLrtz.gif

I know, I know.

Habaesha is an absolute banger, and this is coming from a guy that doesn't fuck with Ramriddlz at all. But that song, man, that song.

Salaam, they call me Ram
But you can call me Ramy, madame
Girl I know you want this banane
But imma pass it off to Jaegen
Let me beat it up like Jaegen
She say I'm a gyalis
But babe for you I talk to gyal less
You make me be a better man

NgnLrtz.gif

giphy.gif

I hit skip on any Rich Chigga song but that Gospel track bangs. Refused to acknowledge this dude but yeah.

Sorry to say.

xxxtentatasfaiofh and keith ape are pretty good on it, Rich Chigga comes off a bit too much like a bootleg Yung Lean though. but yeah that track bangs. huge bass.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I haven't followed them, do the Magic need the PG more than any other position? No. 1 Point Guard in High School is pretty impressive.

we need everything

but yeah point guard and small forward are our two biggest needs right now, preferably someone who can create off the dribble

Turns out Diplo took down Bankroll for some reason.

I think its because JB's team realized too much was at stake since his verse was about fucking strippers and throwing cash which is at odds with his reformed bad-boy image.

Shame, song was a banger.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Travis is fallin off for me, only one i like is butterfly effect
But compare these to loosies he dropped like high fashion and NBN
These are alot more low effort
I thought they were around the same qualities as those pre-Birds loosies TBH.

I like Butterfly Effect, feels like a proper La Flame song. A Man is okay.

I have faith La Flame will come through with the projects, he always does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom