• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay Rock - Vice City

picgifs-nailed-it-amazed-excited-21330.gif

Not bad.

Next year is going to be the 5th anniversary of Yeezus, and I am going to reserve the anniversary OT for that album.

Other random thoughts:
1) "Gospel" is hard, but I question why Keith Ape is trying to break into the US market with his Korean rhymes.

2) That XXXFANTASTICATION compilation that appeared on Apple Music confirms that X is at his best when he does more singing focused stuff. Also, he continues to be a garbage human being.

3) That Buddy and Kaytranada EP is nice, really smooth and varied.

4) I'm enjoying this new Jlin album, especially the fact she's using a lot of Indian classical samples.

5) That Sinjin Hawke album is not very good, which is a shame considering how good his Just Blaze collaboration was.

FZZ

Banned
make sure you put in how he publicly supported Trump after he was elected and then was too much of a coward to follow up and either issue a statement saying he was wrong or that he's sorry and it was an offensive and fucking stupid statement to make when a sizable amount of his fans are POC

Cunt

make sure you put in how he publicly supported Trump after he was elected and then was too much of a coward to follow up and either issue a statement saying he was wrong or that he's sorry and it was an offensive and fucking stupid statement to make when a sizable amount of his fans are POC

Cunt

A little too far from the Yeezus time line.

HiiiLife

Cunt

Good thing he has classsics under his belt

full
brehs listen to nothing but XO for a whole day then next day do the same thing brehs
full

Why would I subject myself to absolute trash for a whole day and then another day? Can someone please tell me what the hype is all about when it comes to that song? Of course it doesn't help that I can't stand all these Yachties and Uzis of today. People clearly enjoy it, but it's garbage to my ears.

And I know that not every song has to be lyrical, hell no. And at first his subject seems to be a bit dark only to completely talk about something entirely different in the next line, lol.

But the shit really does nothing for me. I wish we would stop calling it rap too, has nothing to do with it. Give them a category of their own. This is going to get hated on and folks will call me a old fuck and what not and it's all good. :)

Trust me when I say I have given this mumble stuff a chance, checked out plenty of them and I just don't fuck with it one bit.

Koozek

Why would I subject myself to absolute trash for a whole day and then another day? Can someone please tell me what the hype is all about when it comes to that song? Of course it doesn't help that I can't stand all these Yachties and Uzis of today. People clearly enjoy it, but it's garbage to my ears.

And I know that not every song has to be lyrical, hell no. And at first his subject seems to be a bit dark only to completely talk about something entirely different in the next line, lol.

But the shit really does nothing for me. I wish we would stop calling it rap too, has nothing to do with it. Give them a category of their own. This is going to get hated on and folks will call me a old fuck and what not and it's all good. :)

Trust me when I say I have given this mumble stuff a chance, checked out plenty of them and I just don't fuck with it one bit.
3991900-multi-colored-brush-for-cleaning-the-dust.jpg

Numb

mmjy8TY.gif

daffy

Banned
i listen when it comes on the radio but its one of those songs where you don't dare add it to the playlist. like that dab of ranch song

Let me ask you all a question then. Anyone who simply can't stand Uzi, Yachty, Thug, Migos and so on is an old fuck, salty and so on? That doesn't make sense folks.

I can enjoy some trap, even modern day trap at times but that mumble shit? Those weird annoying voices, autotune, those kind of flows? Hell naw. I know plenty of young folks that hate it with a passion too, old fucks too then? :) I've learned something new today.

I always enjoy how "haters" are called old, dusty, salty when it's none of that. I never see these so called haters call fans of this new style something though. Interesting. People like different things and that's fine, but I asked what the hype about that particular song is and I've yet to get a proper answer.

I'm from 1982 by the way, I for one don't consider that old. ;)

MoodyFog

Let me ask you all a question then. Anyone who simply can't stand Uzi, Yachty, Thug, Migos and so on is an old fuck, salty and so on? That doesn't make sense folks.

I can enjoy some trap, even modern day trap at times but that mumble shit? Those weird annoying voices, autotune, those kind of flows? Hell naw. I know plenty of young folks that hate it with a passion too, old fucks too then? :) I've learned something new today.

I always enjoy how "haters" are called old, dusty, salty when it's none of that. I never see these so called haters call fans of this new style something though. Interesting. People like different things and that's fine, but I asked what the hype about that particular song is and I've yet to get a proper answer.

It's ok to be old.

Koozek

KxItmep.gif

Never said they were my friends. What makes you say those people aren't "alive" though?

It seems some of you have never heard of the word opinion :)

I can enjoy tons of music, just not this. Why can some folks not accept that without saying BS like salty, dusty, not being alive?

And here come more nonsensical gift replies.

Nibel

Never said they were my friends. What makes you say those people aren't "alive" though?

I can enjoy tons of music, just not this. Why can some folks not accept that without saying BS like salty, dusty, not being alive?

You come in here, trashing the Uzi song, calling it "absolute trash", "garbage" and it being non-rap

People mock you for your narrow view of rap music

Then you double down

People double down as well

And now you complain "why can't you guys accept that I enjoy different things without calling me names" after you've complained about the fact that people in this thread enjoy different things than you do and describing those things as "trash" etc.; not only that but you want them to give you an explanation about why they like a thing, something that is a waste of time for everybody in here considering how prejudiced you seem to be when it comes to rap music

9867629e396feacb3d1857gspu.gif

To quote Tupac Amaru Shakur: "
J'mon breh
"

Tokubetsu

she say
"you're the worst"
"you're the worst"

I CANNOT DIE BECAUSE THIS *MY* UNIVERSE

A8JHgPS.gif

You come in here, trashing the Uzi song, calling it "absolute trash", "garbage" and it being non-rap

People mock you for your narrow view of rap music

Then you double down

People double down as well

And now you complain "why can't you guys accept that I enjoy different things without calling me names" after you've complained about the fact that people in this thread enjoy different things than you do and describing those things as "trash" etc.; not only that but you want them to give you an explanation about why they like a thing, something that is a waste of time for everybody in here considering how prejudiced you seem to be when it comes to rap music

9867629e396feacb3d1857gspu.gif

To quote Tupac Amaru Shakur: "
J'mon breh
"

Yes I called it absolute trash and that is my opinion on it, my view on it. Am I not allowed that? Do you however see me calling folks here names? Just because I call a particular song trash and saying that I don't mess with several artists/bands doesn't mean I am insulting or shitting on folks that do like it. That's the big difference my friend. To me certain music is trash, so I'm automatically calling listeners names? No.

It's also my opinion that I don't consider it rap at all, but again do you see me slamming people that listen to it? My question about what the hype was about that song was genuine and shouldn't be too hard to answer. If someone were to ask me why I enjoy a particular song it really isn't hard for me to answer that. I asked it because there are so many songs similar to that out right now, it's all very alike and I wondered why exactly this song was spoken so highly of.

Ah yes, and me not fucking at all with this mumble style is prejudice? Narrow view of music? Not at all my friend.

Let's agree to disagree then because we're getting nowhere.

Bacon

Yes I called it absolute trash and that is my opinion on it, my view on it. Am I not allowed that? Do you however see me calling folks here names? Just because I call a particular song trash and saying that I don't mess with several artists/bands doesn't mean I am insulting or shitting on folks that do like it. That's the big difference my friend. To me certain music is trash, so I'm automatically calling listeners names? No.

It's also my opinion that I don't consider it rap at all, but again do you see me slamming people that listen to it? My question about what the hype was about that song was genuine and shouldn't be too hard to answer. If someone were to ask me why I enjoy a particular song it really isn't hard for me to answer that. I asked it because there are so many songs similar to that out right now, it's all very alike and I wondered why exactly this song was spoken so highly of.

Ah yes, and me not fucking at all with this mumble style is prejudice? Narrow view of music? Not at all my friend.

Let's agree to disagree then because we're getting nowhere.

People enjoy the music because it sounds good to them? You pretending to have no idea why someone could enjoy "mumble rap" is not a good look :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Someone needs to explain to me why there are two version of XO Tour Llif3

the initial digital download that wasn't on SC has much better quality than the Youtube/SC version, as well as clearer lyrics

but it looks like they updated the digital download/streaming versions and now it's all the Youtube/SC version

regardless I just downloaded the Youtube/SC version and now I'm gonna be listening to both back to back on repeat

nearing 400 plays on this song
The iTunes version is SOOOOOOOOOO much better than the YouTube version, because Uzi is enunciating and the production might be clearer in general too.

These are great.

Cunt
Pusha or Malik Youssef said Ye went to Trump to advocate for the repair of Chicago's school system, and that's all they talked about.

destroy all lines of communication with people who have influence over the future of your country and assist in making relations worse brehs

Elon and Ye the new Snoop and Dre

Everbody got the same swag now, watch the way I tear it down

People enjoy the music because it sounds good to them? You pretending to have no idea why someone could enjoy "mumble rap" is not a good look :)

Ehh...not a good look?

There are several genres outside of rap that I absolutely can't stand. So naturally I can't completely understand why people could enjoy that. Why should I be able to? Maybe I have yet to hear a mumble rap track that I can truly enjoy, I guess that's possible.

But again, it's clear plenty of people enjoy it and I say more power to them, all fine with me. But once I call it trash apparently I mean that about the listeners too. Which I clearly never meant like that nor implied that.

Glass Rebel

As far as songs with a sampled chorus go, Señorita > Big Fish. Still fucks heavy with it tho. Between this and BagBak you can make an educated guess what his next album will sound like but as others have said, I hope there's some grimy stuff in there as well.

OG Kush

I like XO tour life but the constant posting of the lyrics with gifs is just dead now. Hard to go a couple pages without someone posting a lyric.. Eh move on mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom