• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like as good a place as any to start.

Tonight's OVO Sound radio seems stuffed:
- New Cassie song.
- Diddy, Rick Ross, and Notorious BIG song.
- PND collabs.

I wonder how good any of these items will be.

Koozek

My dude don't you still have to listen to Ice Cube and Redman's albums?

What on god's rapidly melting earth are you doing right now?
Yo, Muddy Waters is dope so far.

QwIFU2H.gif

HiiiLife

Aside from songs here and there he made before signing with TDE, He only has Cilvia and Suns Tirade. They're both good but I personally enjoyed Cilvia more. Can't go wrong with either

4R da squaw is some good shit

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nav seems like a decent guy from that Complex interview. Also has the best answer for "why did you use the n-word?" I've seen from any rapper.

Also, seems like he had a pretty significant hand in all of the production. Makes sense as all the beats did sound like an intersection of their styles.

I think A$AP Ferg is the only keeper. Maybe Held Me Down, but Nav is rapping too much on it.

i don't hate nav, i just hate his music.

i don't know, he seems like...

like you ask your mom for the weeknd for christmas, and you run downstairs all excited on christmas morning, and it's just nav, and your mom is like "this is what you wanted, right?" and you respond "no mom, i wanted a super nintendo, this is some knock off plug and play bullshit"

Icolin

Banned
i don't hate nav, i just hate his music.

i don't know, he seems like...

like you ask your mom for the weeknd for christmas, and you run downstairs all excited on christmas morning, and it's just nav, and your mom is like "this is what you wanted, right?" and you respond "no mom, i wanted a super nintendo, this is some knock off plug and play bullshit"

Knock off plug and play bullshit with a Nintendo seal of approval, like Nav's seal of approval courtesy of The Weeknd.

Icolin

Banned
This Nav album is frustrating. Decent features and production, but Nav is... well let's just say that I echo everyone else's opinion on him ITT.

It's been in heavy rotation though. I guess I sorta like it. If anything, it solidifies Metro Boomin as one of the best producers in hip hop today, given that the production is so good it distracts from and cancels out Nav's awfulness.

what are you guys' thoughts on isaiah rashad

his song with kendrick lamar came on recently (wat's wrong) and i've been enjoying it

The Sun's Tirade & Cilvia Demo are dope dope! The kid is nice.

'Stuck in the Mud' feat. SZA
and Tranquility are probably my favorite tracks from Isaiah, but he has far too many ill tracks to pick favorites.

Koozek

Starting the day with some Nav.

ay48zzn.gif

Honestly, if Des is repping Carti, who actually is terrible and 98% carried by the wavy-ass beats, I don't think we're fair on Nav.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom