• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronx-Man

Banned
#December31
#EverybodyWins
rejoice.png
rejoice.png
rejoice.png

Reckoner

Eraserhead, Mulholland Dr. and Inland Empire is my top 3

And the new Twin Peaks I would say has great moments, but overall... I'll wait until it ends because I'm not sure if he is now a bad imitation of himself or if he is indeed setting up something brilliant.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Been bumping Yellow off of this Amine a lot and man what a great, different sounding beat, I wonder who produced it, lemme just look this u- METRO? GODDAMNIT

giphy.gif

riotous

Banned
I got to "five oh tree is where I'm from" and had to look up if he moved to PDX or is from there.. and it's the former What's with the corny little accent he has sometimes?

It's corny when Drake does it too, but at least Toronto actually has a Jamacian neighborhood lol.

HiResDes

I guess emo rap, if that's really a thing; I consider him to be the Satanic Lil Uzi.
The two are so consistently conflated that it becomes quite confusing as you rappers utilizing emo song structures and subject matter yet referring to themselves as goth like Lil Peep. Black Kray is pretty much the epitome of goth rap and he's often lumped in as a sort of harbinger for the current alt rap movements.

The Amine album is decent. It's different enough to stand out in today's rap scene, but I can't help but feel underwhelmed. It's a very well-produced album, but it feels like Amine doesn't make the most out of the production by Metro, Frank Dukes, Disclosure, Malay and his regular production team. It's an album that focuses a lot on relationships but a lot of his songs seem really superficial on that topic. It is complaints about her talking too much, being super rich, or breaking up with him, with a little bit of religion and his hometown sprinkled in.

It's not a bad album by any means, but it feels like there could have been a lot more done to make this more memorable. Right now, it feels like he's getting a lot of attention because he's not a trap artist and his music is half-decent. Hopefully, his sophomore album does more.

This Lil Peep EP thing isn't bad. It isn't phenomenal but it isn't awful either.

Icolin

Banned
Tracklist for A$AP Ferg's Still Striving:

1. ”Trip and a Dream" Feat. Meek Mill
2. ”Rubber Band Man" Feat. Cam'ron
3. ”Olympian" Feat. Dave East
4. ”Aww Yeah" Feat. Lil Yachty
5. ”What Did You Do" Feat. Nav
6. ”Coach Cartier" Feat. Famous Dex
7. ”Mad Man" Feat. Playboi Carti
8. ”Plain Jane"
9. ”Nasty (Who Dat)" Feat. Migos
10. ”Mattress Remix" Feat. A$AP Rocky, Playboi Carti, Rich The Kid & Famous Dex
11. ”One Night Savage" Feat. Madeintyo
12. ”East Coast Remix" Feat. Busta Rhymes, A$AP Rocky, Dave East, French Montana, Rick Ross & Snoop Dogg
13. ”Nandos"
14. ”Tango"

Comes out this Friday.

xHiryu

Tracklist for A$AP Ferg's Still Striving:

1. “Trip and a Dream” Feat. Meek Mill
2. “Rubber Band Man” Feat. Cam’ron
3. “Olympian” Feat. Dave East
4. “Aww Yeah” Feat. Lil Yachty
5. “What Did You Do” Feat. Nav
6. “Coach Cartier” Feat. Famous Dex
7. “Mad Man” Feat. Playboi Carti
8. “Plain Jane”
9. “Nasty (Who Dat)” Feat. Migos
10. “Mattress Remix” Feat. A$AP Rocky, Playboi Carti, Rich The Kid & Famous Dex
11. “One Night Savage” Feat. Madeintyo
12. “East Coast Remix” Feat. Busta Rhymes, A$AP Rocky, Dave East, French Montana, Rick Ross & Snoop Dogg
13. “Nandos”
14. “Tango”

Comes out this Friday.

some strong names on there, hyped for Cam

Koozek

Man, this NAV X Metro tape really is the fucking business. Whew.
Bumped it at least 4 times just yesterday and pretty much every day since it dropped. Probably will be on my AOTY list. So many quotable lines with Nav's delivery where it sounds like he's actually serious and knowing who it's coming from makes it hilarious. And man, Metro is on an insane streak. DropTopWop is an AOTY too.

metro_dancing.gif

Dereck

So in order to get invited to Lebron James' kid's basketball game all you have to do is make a vapid R&B tape with a renown producer?

iTTdcbu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom