• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be "Nav or Nas?".

I'll try make a Top 10, but I don't have the time to add descriptions. All-time Top 10, right? Or Top 10 of recent shit I think folks should check out?
Make it a top 10 projects of all time.

It's high time the GAF Hall of Fame got an update.

Koozek

Make it a top 10 projects of all time.

It's high time the GAF Hall of Fame got an update.
Damn, this is hard... I'm seriously struggling to put something together.

• Slum Village - Fantastic Vol. 2
  • OutKast - Stankonia
  • Common - Be
  • Jay-Z - The Black Album
  • The Roots - Do You Want More?!!!??!
  • Nas - Illmatic
  • Madvillain - Madvillainy
  • Little Brother - The Minstrel Show
  • Kanye West - Late Registration
  • Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor

Just remembered that we kinda did this already in the 2015 thread, but I changed it a bit from then. And lol@the page before with RP912's classic No Limit discography reviews, and I still remember the dream I had of Des.

RIP RP912, you actually tried to provide substance to this thread.

Anyway, rapid-fire impressions. That Earthgang EP, RAGS, is nice. I really enjoy "Red Light" off that, and I'm liking the way they're using the EP to have short sustained bursts of quality. The Pollari project on the other hand needs to be an EP. I really liked "Diamonds", "Pilot", and the outro of "Very Far", the rest were are all pretty meh. Cutting it down and really focusing on a couple of tracks would have done wonders for the project.

Koozek

Anyway, rapid-fire impressions. That Earthgang EP, RAGS, is nice. I really enjoy "Red Light" off that, and I'm liking the way they're using the EP to have short sustained bursts of quality. The Pollari project on the other hand needs to be an EP. I really liked "Diamonds", "Pilot", and the outro of "Very Far", the rest were are all pretty meh. Cutting it down and really focusing on a couple of tracks would have done wonders for the project.
Oh, gonna check out the Earthgang. Loved their Strays with Rabies album.

HiResDes

Peep the Larry League and Drain Gang compilation if you haven't

Dereck

I'll mention a bunch of random stuff from the 2010s because everything before that has been listed a million times

Kool A.D. - 63
Lakutis - 3 Seashells
Open Mike Eagle - Dark Comedy
Zeroh - Awfulalterations
Count Bass D - Act Your Waist Size.
Jeremiah Jae - Raw Money Raps
Armand Hammer - Race Music

1. Busdriver - Temporary Forever
2. Jaylib - Champion Sound
3. Aceyalone - All Balls Don't Bounce

i showed my (suburban white) mother the music video for GOLD.

24435165-Young-woman-looking-at-you-irritated-and-disgust-with-squinting-eyes-Stock-Photo.jpg

T Dollarz

Went in blind to the Corbin album y'all were talking about.

After two listens I am left wondering what mastery is permeating through my speakers. This is incredible.

PlayDat

Corbin's album is out now.

Also, as a reminder, I'd like if people could list 10 hip-hop albums they think everyone should hear. The deeper the cuts, the better, and please post from every facet of hip-hop. I'd like to include in the O.P. as a handy guide if people want to find new things in rap.

Also, I'm kinda in another country right now, so don't be shocked if the new OT does go up at some odd hour at night or if there's a little delay between page 200 and the new OT going up.

#100PostPerPagePlayas

I need a couple minutes to make a list, but I'll try to post one in the coming days.

Anyone have any questions/alterations they want to add to the Initiation Qs?
What's your favorite album that was released before you were born? I'd go with Midnight Marauders.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If we're not gonna go with "I don't really care if /mu/ cry," I say we dedicate the next OT title to our fallen sisters in Pop-GAF.

shoelacer

Banned
What am i missing with this lil peep shit

It sounds like a corny emo version of crazy town but somehow even dumber. does he do hooks for good rappers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom