• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Sir luscious is fucking great. Not sure what happened with the album after that.

yeah no one really knew what happened after that, it's a shame

Wouldn't know, still haven't listened to any Outkast album in full.

earlier when nelly vs drake was somehow trending on twitter, a dude pointed out how different the eras are: those reference tracks leaking in nelly's time might've ended one's career

likewise, this statement in the single digit gaf hop OT's would've been a dealbreaker

but here we are fam

before the fanboys chime in you really aren't missing much.

not everything's gonna meet that high bar of disney + square fanfics u got b

Watch the Throne is better than any Jay Z or Kanye album.

Lost Tapes is better than any Jay-Z or Kanye album.

yeah no one really knew what happened after that, it's a shame

earlier when nelly vs drake was somehow trending on twitter, a dude pointed out how different the eras are: those reference tracks leaking in nelly's time might've ended one's career

likewise, this statement in the single digit gaf hop OT's would've been a dealbreaker

but here we are fam

Lost Tapes is better than any Jay-Z or Kanye album.
Lost Tapes and Illmatic could be considered better than every Jay Z Album, but Lost Tapes is most def not better than every Kanye album.

Koozek

bvzcddi4fpgw.png
bvzcddi4fpgw.png
bvzcddi4fpgw.png

Koozek

21 Savage a good guy? He basically smiled whenever people mention Bankroll's death, also rubbed me the wrong way he just kind of never featured any of the people that really put him on ever since he some shine
Hm, don't know anything about that. What was his connection to Bankroll (who I only know from the one Post Malone hook on August 26th, tbh)? I mean, I don't follow dude besides the Breakfast Club interview and this one, where he seemed decent, and his stories are some tragic shit.

Gucci killed someone in self defense and it was ok cause the dude was some unknown bum. Bankroll might have caught it from doing something shady.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Koozek

21 Savage told No Plug(the guy who killed bankroll fresh) to introduce himself as "the nigga that killed bankroll"

I don't even know what a bankroll fresh is but that's fucked up lmao.

Apt stage name.

Damn, okay. It's not like I'm surprised that young street cats like him have been involved in shit like that. I mean, 21 said he's trying to stay away from it nowadays, but that he won't judge his friends who are still in the streets. It's easy for us to say he should just leave the hood behind just because he's famous now (for a while). It's a vicious cycle to break out of. Also too complex a matter to discuss here in short.

Also didn't Gucci kill someone under the same circumstances as 21's homie too, or am I misremembering something? Fake-EDIT: Beaten, I see.

All I'm saying is you got a be a special kind of blind to think 21 Savage is a good guy lol
As I said, I didn't know much about him besides those two interviews. He seemed like a "good kid in a mad city".

Koozek

Oh man, if all of you recommending Sir Lucious was an elaborate troll, it worked. I just checked it out realizing I know this album, but didn't like it back then already and forgot about it. Idlewild and Big Boi's Got Purp? tapes are better than this, tbh, and Speakerboxxx is leagues above this. Not gonna check out his second album. But I might give the Grams one a listen.

"Better than any OutKast album"

stopitslime.png
stopitslime.png
stopitslime.png

Who in this thread gon spin this
I mean, apparently 2 Chainz was invited (and he declined) though, so maybe it was more about Kanye's unpredictability and not his being black.

HiResDes

Anyone notice Key! jacks Future's flow and it's so fucking dope on Bankroll, seems to be a response to Future jacking him last year.

Koozek

Damn, screw you man :p

On another note, did you listen to Blowout Comb yet? If you do, I will finally listen to The Grind Date.
Swear!? Well, then I'm gonna listen to it right now, lol. You listen to the two AOI albums first, though. There's no official digital version like with every De La album because of their sampling clearance rights issues and according to a recent interview their old albums will never be digitally available :/ At least most of them are on YouTube for now.

Art Official Intelligence: Mosaic Thump

AOI: Bionix

Koozek

Damn, lol. Will go through the first few later. Thanks, Des. Gotta check out Moody's French recs first, though.

I got their entire discography for free, but I lost most of the files, LOL.
Heh, first track on Blowout Comb has the same sample as Little Brother's So Fabolous at the end of the song. Had to stop and find the LB song first before I could continue with the album :D I'm (annoyingly) OCD like that when it comes to recognizing samples.

Heh, first track on Blowout Comb has the same sample as Little Brother's So Fabolous at the end of the song. Had to stop and find the LB song first before I could continue with the album :D I'm (annoyingly) OCD like that when it comes to recognizing samples.

Hah, I forgot about that. Such a great song, love the Kool G. Rap and Slick Rick imitations.

HiResDes

Damn, lol. Will go through the first few later. Thanks, Des. Gotta check out Moody's French recs first, though.

The great thing is that even if you go through all those projects and are fiending for more I have a compilation of amazing loosies like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ctiV2PQAZA

Sorry, Koozek, didn't go in order but I listened to Bionix first. It's enjoyable though I'm only ten minutes in the album. It's got this really sweet electro-funk sound that I find to be pretty cool. It's also slightly futuristic, too.

Also, lol at De La Soul rapping on Footprints.

EDIT: On the Slick Rick song right now. I have to say yeah I'm enjoying this one quite a bit, though it's not on the level as their prime material. It seems though that they were willing to move away from their older styles and adapt as they went through their career, which is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom