• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, how do the screens compare between the N2DS XL vs. N3DS XL?

dolabla

I recently just purchased the SNES N3DS XL but returned it because the screens just seemed off. Like more washed out than usual for a TN panel. Is Nintendo now using worse TN screens for newer N3DS XLs? I own the regular sized N3DS with TN panels and it is nothing like the what the SNES N3DS XL screens were. Colors actually look good, etc.

I want a bigger sized 2DS/3DS and really was hyped for the SNES 3DS XL, but there was no way I could deal with just how off it seemed.

Now I'm looking at purchasing the N2DS XL instead. How does it stack up? Anybody have both and done any comparisons?

JayBabay

The N3DS panels were all over the place, even between TN panels. You would get some that had a warmer color to it that made whites look yellowish. Ideally you would want one that looks more neutral and displays better whites.

dolabla

Yeah, the screens I got on the SNES version was terrible. It washed out with even the slightest change of movement and was distracting. Colors on it seemed dull'er compared to my N3DS TN. It made me think Nintendo is using worse TN panels for newer 3DS's. I was so hyped for it too and became very disappointed when I received it. I saw people posting pics with their reviews on Amazon and they had a similar problem. I thought about getting Amazon to sending me replacement until I read those reviews and saw the pics that were similar to mine and I changed my mind.

Now I'm looking to see if N2DS screens are maybe better and if so, buy it instead.

delete12345

You really can't guarantee you will get better quality screen panels on the new n3ds devices.

But I am not sure for n2ds clamshells.

Last edited:

dolabla

I think I'm gonna try the Pokeball N2DS XL. That thing looks sweet. Only two places seem to have it in stock now. Hopefully I'll have better luck (maybe they use different type of TN since it's not 3D?) this time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Top Bottom