• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF I almost died tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

you should stop watching horror movies..

SHINING-ELEVATOR-DOORS.gif

elevators are not "that" scary...

noah111

Still Alive
I almost got killed the other day (posted about it somewhere) so I thought this thread title to be a neat coincidence and was looking forward to reading that experience.

Then I came in here... dude I wish we could've traded experiences. :lol

ArjanN

Make sure to make the story sound dangerous when you tell it at parties.

This, at least make something up like how you saved yourself by jumping up as hard you could just before the crash.

As it is you just panicked for no real reason. The chance of an elevator actually falling is basically nothing.

Bennettt2

Coming close to death can make you feel very grateful for life. I was once caught in a rip at the beach and had to be saved by a life guard. I remember just lying on the beach cherishing everything in my life.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I think M. Night should adapt this into a film. The elevators falling and the people inside are super duper scarred..... the twist?..... the elevator never actually moved!

I almost got killed the other day (posted about it somewhere) so I thought this thread title to be a neat coincidence and was looking forward to reading that experience.

Then I came in here... dude I wish we could've traded experiences. :lol
Mind really re telling it?

Jay Sosa

no you didn't, then. correct title is "I tought I almost died but nothing actually happened". Also, elevators have brakes that kick in automatically when the cable is severed (not that it can actually happen so easily). take the day off, chill in the sun, relax and don't worry about it nex time you enter an elevator.

and even if the brakes don't work if you jump just before it hits the ground you're good.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Not to really defend the night Auditor for his poor choice of words, but then again, all he saw that night was a dude screaming bloody murder in an elevator for no reason.
How could he know you thought you were going to die? Elevators get stuck all the time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is it not the case that the chances of a lift crashing is extremely low? They have multiple thick cables and breaks.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think I will today. I havent smoked in a while. I'm thinking of giving a complaint about him. He also called me an asshole earlier in the night and told me I was a waste of space and I didnt know how to do my job even though I work at two other hotels. So I won't ever be back there which is a good thing.
I guess I'm just a little different because that wouldn't bother me at all. When I was almost killed at work (I'm an Electrician) my direct supervisor said a lot worse to me. I was an apprentice at the time and was fishing pipes in the ground that led to a security shed outside when I accidentally fished into a live 400A service panel because the pipe was labelled incorrectly. I was kneeling in a puddle of water at the time and felt a tingle on my knee so I dropped the fish tape and when I did I blew out all the power to the entire building. It happened when he had the day off for a doctor's appointment so the next day he told me "the next time you almost die make sure I'm here so I can piss on your corpse you fucking moron" and then he slapped me in the back of the head. I told him to fuck off and got back to work.

Guys, I just died nearly in a car crash.

I lost control of the car and went spinning off into a field, I was screaming thinking that this was it. Turns out I wasn't actually in a car and never left my desk.

Still in shock.

Thread title should be renamed to, "I screamed like a pussy when the elevator moved and Sentry really actually had a near-death experience. Oh, did I mention, I'm a pussy."

seriously though, Sentry, be safe man.

ZeroFate

I'm still trembling in fear and scared shitless. My brain is scattered and all I can think about were the images that were seared into my brain as I thought I was going to die.

I was delivering recepits to rooms at a hotel. I work security and I was filling in for someone else. I was on the 4th floor and pushed the button for the 5th floor in the elevator. As soon as the door closed, the elevator shook very violently like the cables had just been cut. I screamed out in horror as I felt like I was plummeting 4 stories to my certain death. As that was happening, images began burning into my eyes like my death and my family. I screamed more because I wanted to live. I wanted to see my baby boy again. The night auditor heard my screams and yells for help. His response "Is that you yelling like a jackass? Are you fucking retarded?" The elevator never moved a floor but the way it jerked and shooked had me fooled. I can't take loud banging noises or anything like that. I'm weirded out like something is following me. One of my employees banged on the security window to let him in and I couldn't contain myself...I yelled and screamed again. GAF...I'm severely scared...what should I do?

I think I will today. I havent smoked in a while. I'm thinking of giving a complaint about him. He also called me an asshole earlier in the night and told me I was a waste of space and I didnt know how to do my job even though I work at two other hotels. So I won't ever be back there which is a good thing.

GP_3817.spider_2D00_man_2D00_2_2D00_2004_2D00_7.jpg

He's real! And he's more deserving of your avatar imo.

rezuth

Given my state of mind for 20 seconds or so I completely forgot I was a security officer. I was reacting like any normal person would if they were in fear for their life.
From an elevator shaking? Not to be a jerk but if you think this is almost dying... SMH. Also elevators have emergency breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom