• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden 2005 Season 2 Online League: Because Halo 2 can't last forever!

Ramirez

Sweet,run all over again!I find it amazing how I play some of the best run defense in the league,but hell play FMT and somehow its perfect blocks every time,averaging about 7 yards a carry! :lol

Then we've got Dunn fumbling,WRs dropping passes,Vick overthrowing them (he's such a trash thrower on this game,Im so glad to be rid of him actually), and the times I do get down on his end of the field its either a fumble or some other BS.Not to mention Wayne Chrebet beating double coverage,that was amazing,didn't know he still had it in him.

UGH.

haha gg ramirez, but i say your run D is soft! i saw you play a lot of 3-4 and 7 man fronts, that wont get the job done every down. the first time you went to 4-3 you stopped me for a negative gain. and BS?! come on man i fumbled like 3 times cause of hit stick and you recovered them all! infact, all your points came off gift wrapped turnovers from me :D here is a recap of what happened:

Q1: Falcons go 3 and out. Jets get the ball, 9 straight runs, touchdown! falcons get the ball back, go 3 and out again (or 5 and out who knows). then i get the ball back and throw a STUPID interception into double coverage on 3rd down. ramirez gets a FG. 7-3 after one quarter.

Q2: I get the ball back. oh what this? hit stick fumbleeeeeeeeee! ramirez gets another fg, 7-6. now i drive all the way downfield for the TD, 14-6. dunn fumbles on a flats play, i recover. TD a few plays later, 21-6. all is well, there is 30 seconds left in the half and im thinking about just letting the clock run out, but like a fucking MORON i decide to throw when i'm backed up. the result? INT. falcons score a TD a few plays later with the 2 pointer. 21-14. i drive down the field in a few plays before the half for a fg to make it 24-14.

Q3: not much happening here. i get a fg and we exchange punts.

Q4: I'm driving inside the falcons 10 to put the game away, 1st and 10 i hand off... hello hitstick! i fumble again! ramirez takes it all the way to the other end of the field, but i blitz vick from the outside and strip the ball and recover. game over

there were a lot of missed throws and good blocking from my end, but if you had just capitalized on those turnovers by converting them into TD's ramirez that would have been moot.

p.s. wtf was that run where you lost 19 yards with vick going in circles backwards? :lol i was thinking in my mind shit this is either going to be really good for me or really bad...

Ramirez

It was because I couldn't get away from him,somehow a 400 lb linemen was staying with Vick,amazing I must say.

That last fumble I didn't even have the controller in my hands,in fact I did that alot just to test things and my d actually played better when I didn't even touch the controller,so laughable.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It was a tough game, a fucking shootout (for me at least), but I managed to pull it out on the strength of Steve Christie's leg. Prepare for a tougher game than last time, FMT.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
palmer.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The Bachelor. :0

Fifty

Actually I was talking about Steve Christie, since he won the game for you. I don't care about Palmer. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Due to a schedule change FMT and I had to play tonight instead of Thursday as was planned. I had no prep going in but I knew what I wanted to do. I didn't remember his run D being that good, though. Whatever, with the Giants if I can't run I can pass and the offense has carried me all season anyway. Unfortunately, with the Giants, the only person on D is Strahan, held true today.

He when up 7-0, I tied 7-7, he went up 14-7, then 17-7, then 24-7. I scored to make it 24-14, then got an int and made it 24-17. Then he scored again to make it 31-17.

Things of note:

He did not punt at all, was I think 10-12 on third down conversions. As I said above, the only guy that showed up on D was the guy I was controlling. Unless he ran it right side and I could physically stop it myself, he was getting 7-8 yards per carry on first down. Secondary was horrid against the run and the pass, only thing they did well was my one interception...

... on that interception I had a clear lane for a TD and my controller was pulling left, as it had been for a few days, and it decides to do so at the most inopportune of moments. No excuses though, at my own 14 I should have converted a TD which would have made it 24-21 in the third quarter.

I told myself that I would be in the ball game if I made no mistakes and no turnovers, and I didn't, and I wasn't. What kind of crack was I on when I didn't make mistakes before, but I fumbled, (fumbles that weren't my fault during the regular season) and I still only lost by one score.

Three times Amani Toomer was wide open deep, literally with two full steps on both the safety and the CB... Eli Manning over threw him. I completed the pass once for a TD. Drew Bledsoe would have gotten those.

I've taken this team far as it can go. My secondary and linebackers have owned me all season, but luckily my offense was able to cover it up. I am considering using the Giants playbook as the Bills. Now with a great core secondary, great LBs, and my ability to make plays as the LE, I will take season 3. Sorry gents. This bitter disappointment will drive me to work harder until I am recognized as the elite Madden player I know I am.

FMT just had too good playcalling and too much execution for me. No excuses, I stopped the Ravens running game, stopped the Colts passing game (with the exception of Harrison's 3 catches for 222 yards and 3 TDs) but I could not stop the Jets. Season 4 will mark the return of the GMen.

gg ck, you made a nice comeback there.

somethings of note:

* i punted once near the end of the game... a punt which was muffed by ck's returner
* ck punted twice
* i was never sacked once
* eli manning tore me to pieces, but there were 2 plays imparticular that he BARELY missed a deep TD. both instances CK had the wind heavily at his back. pretty cool that the wind was making a difference in the passing game.
* i dont think santana moss had any catches
* i had 2 one-hundred yard rushers (curtis martin and lamont jordan)

good season fellas, now i go for the 3-peat... just like jordan dm, just like jordan

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
* i punted once near the end of the game... a punt which was muffed by ck's returner
* ck punted twice
* eli manning tore me to pieces, but there were 2 plays imparticular that he BARELY missed a deep TD. both instances CK had the wind heavily at his back. pretty cool that the wind was making a difference in the passing game.
* i had 2 one-hundred yard rushers (curtis martin and lamont jordan)

ARGH! Forgot about the one muffed punt. My fault entirely, I needed a spark and I wanted the return so I didn't fair catch, got scared of the fumble and tried to time it so that the instant my guy caught it I was moving back.

Didn't even know the wind affected the passing game that much. This is good to know as Buffalo's Orchard Park is even windier than the Meadowlands.

2 100 yard rushers on a defense that allowed only 65 yards per game on the season. Did my part with Strahan, the rest was Hideos.

Alright so I made a mistake on the punt return, now I feel better. I was pretty devastated after the loss. Good season, regardless. Someone knock FMT out of the playoffs before the superbowl. :D

Top Bottom