• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden 2005 Season 2 Online League: Because Halo 2 can't last forever!

conference record

ck is 7-5 in conference
you are 5-7

so the #1 seed plays #4, dm is #1 you are #4. but who knows, EA might just say fuck it and throw the whole system out of wack for the playoffs! :lol

here guys, i'll type up pre-written responses for after you (we?) lose:

A: Fucking bullshit dude! Howcome my guys drop wide open passes, but his guys catch it in triple coverage? Fuck that.

B: Garbage! He gets all day to pass all game long, but my guys couldn't block a fucking dead man!

C: wtf, his guys can tackle my top-rated WR/RB in the open field, but his fucking 3rd Stright TE runs over my 90 rated safety! Ricockulous!

D: You got lucky bitch! Lucky ass punt/kick return fumble!

E: Howcome I fumble when I get hit sticked, but when I use it nothing happens? GROWL!

F: FUCK YOU ALL! BULLSHIT VICTORY I QUIT THIS LEAGUE I HATE YOU!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think I'll use F after I lose :lol

Shadax

Banned
Nice FMT, but you forget:

G: I don't like the bullshit that (insert player name here) was pulling off in this game, he gets my vote for asshole of the year!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I call J. Statistical breakdown as to why my win was not a result of cheese.

PS: When i get home later tonight I plan on writing up all the stats for the season and going a bit more in depth than EA's site does. If you guys want to see it just let me know.

I'm playing Matrix tomorrow, fyi.

Edit; Hrm, just saw FMT's post on the last page, if he's gonna do it I'll just hold on to what I will have.

Fifty

CK, I'd go ahead with it if I were you. FMT just finished the season 3 schedule (which is a ton of work) and I'm not sure if he's going to do as much extra post-season 2 stuff as before. I couldn't blame him......I'll let him tell you for sure, but I doubt that your efforts would go unnoticed.

hgplayer1

Shadax said:
Nice FMT, but you forget:

G: I don't like the bullshit that (insert player name here) was pulling off in this game, he gets my vote for asshole of the year!

asshole of the month......not year. get it right......asshole :lol

Mrbob

When the playoffs for season 2 are done.

We should be able to get them done sooner now that we gotta play outside the league.

Fifty

Oh well....Sucks, but it's not a major loss, because we know the matchups and we're all trustworthy. Pretty ridiculous though.

Mrbob

Hmm. I just checked the league page online and the playoff games are set now! It took awhile. EA got it right, too. Amazing!

Matrix

Whoa I just checked,playoffs are up :D

Matrix

2002_1216a.jpg

Manning actually moves on for a change.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
2002_1216a.jpg

Manning actually moves on for a change.

MichaelStrahan.jpg

t1_strhan_all-01.jpg

2003-06-16-inside-strahan.jpg

174008.jpg

Oh shit! I know you read his posts Mike, he was kidding, you aren't a dirty player!

superbowl39-ap.jpg

"I don't give a fuck CK! Tomorrow, I feast on raven!"

a_strahan_i.jpg

"He thinks playing with Fifty will help him!"

My gamplan for tomorrow is:

Don't throw four picks like last time.

How's 9 PM EST sound?

God I am gonna lose. :|

Matrix

9 pm eastern time is good....I want revenge! :(

gunstar, my cable modem has gone out. i called adelphia and the earliest they can have someone out here is on friday between 1 and 5 pm. so, i figure we can play friday night, about 11:30 est or so? give me a time you can play on or after friday and we'll roll then. sorry dude... if it gets up before then i'll let you know. peace!

Matrix

Fifty said:
I see no one has posted from the Ramirez/Bob game.....

Bob cried and moved on to RE4...Ram went out to celebrate an easy win.

gg between me and gunstar, i won 24-10 but it was a lot closer than that.

the key plays were two 70+ yard bombs i got on single coverage when he was blitzing.

one odd thing of note, i have trailed by at least 10 points in ALL of my playoff games since we started the leagues. not bragging, just saying i have an awful lot of things go my way to comeback in these games.

you know you can't beat me in meaningful games. oh i'm sure you'll have a 10-14 point lead early, but you'll choke it away, just like you did in last years superbowl, just like you did in our game earlier in the year.

you're dead! back to back championships coming up ladies!

Mrbob

Haha! The two luckiest Madden players matching up for a game. We'll see whose luck can last the longest...!

luckiest player!? man, on one drive chad pennington was hit and fumbled. gunstar scored right after. then on the kickoff santana moss fumbled and GS got a FG. how is that lucky on my part? you're just mad cause you're out of the playoffs in the first round again :D enjoy your 1 week vacation until madden season 3 starts buddy!

p.s. season 3 will likely start on sunday... technically before the superbowl is finished. this is due to a scheduling conflict so it must begin this sunday. look for it!

Mrbob

Sunday? Oh hell. All right, we are going to have to set times for my first couple games because I'm hardly going to be home from now until sat Jan 29. I *can* be home, but I will have to go out of my way to do so. My parents are heading out on vacation and I gotta watch their home (mainly the dog) and I don't feel like lugging my Xbox back and forth. So is the season 3 schedule posted yet? I should try to get my first couple games set up over these next few days.

Mrbob

Dude, I totally hate you.

First 11 games:

Fifty
CK
DM
FMT
Ramirez
Fifty
dskillz
fmt
fifty
matrix
fmt

Could you have at least spaced these games out a little more! :lol

:(

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Dude, I totally hate you.

First 11 games:

Fifty
CK
DM
FMT
Ramirez
Fifty
dskillz
fmt
fifty
matrix
fmt

Could you have at least spaced these games out a little more! :lol

:(

LMAO :lol ouch.

Matrix

Id just like to say my fumble with Lewis when I was up 7-3 in Wellies redzone was such crap..totally took my head out of the game and he ended up beating me bad after that huge swing in momentum.Just my luck the game was in rain too,Im not the best runner in the world but that might have played a part in that no hit stick fumble.Also Wellie's audibles totally shocked me,I was facing Peyton out there :(

GG wellie,man atleast Ill have my passing back with the Carr in season 3.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I didn't correct it in our AIM chat, but the fumble came right at the end of the first half, you were up 7-3, I had just made an FG to make it 7-6. You drove down the field with the incredible Ravens passing game and you had a lot of time left while you were camped in my redzone. I would have run too, I managed to get in there with Strahan and just did a regular tackle (It's stupid to try and hitstick Lewis) and the ball just popped out. That was definitely the momentum changer.

I plan harder for Matrix than I do for anyone else, and I practice with tougher conditions. My gameplan was as follows:

Defense - Stop weakside runs and neutralize Jonathan Ogden by running a flipped 4-3 over on every running down. Double Jamal Lewis with my safety, but don't cheat the defenders in front of their assignments and reveal what I was doing. Strahan on the right side would be able to contain runs as, like last game, Matrix would usually send an extra blocker for Strahan if he was passing, so it would tip me off. And, again, he only ran outside the tackles. Didn't worry about the passing game much. I would double Heap if necessary. The TD was a result of a drive in which at the end, Matrix ran to the right, I went to tackle him with Strahan and Lewis BROKE the tackle. I was miffed, but not upset. I physically made the play but the game logic was against me for that one play, which was fine.

Offense - Thinking that he would key in on the things that I did in the last game, and posted about in this topic, I opened up passing. first drive had 55 yards passing to 6 yards running. After I saw I could move the ball I went straight to ball control running. It was raining so I had to put Ron Dayne in. Putting stats together last night helped as it showed that you are 7th in yards allowed with the best defense in the game, so I assume you are bad at defensive playcalling. Made use of it with the audible I was calling... which were, admittedly, just formation shifts. :| I was hoping I would be able to catch you with it all game long, thank God it worked.

As promised, Mike Strahan horsetrailer player of the game! 4 tackles, 2 sacks, and a forced fumble! Can't wait until season 3 where I will prove that my D-Line play isn't just a result of me using a future hall of famer.

226stray24.jpg

"Tasted like chicken!"

Now for the IMPOSSIBLE task of planning against Fifty. Looks like he has been on a tear offensively in his last four games. :( Good thing... I have NORMAN HAND.

Matrix

"Putting stats together last night helped as it showed that you are 7th in yards allowed with the best defense in the game, so I assume you are bad at defensive playcalling"

Thing is I'm bad against certain players or I can be on my game one game and off the next on D,for some reason I totally get fucked up when people audible on O a ton. I dont consider myself a bad playcaller on D,I was pretty bad today I will admit that.Ive played Fifty with the Texans and have managed to shut down his ravens running game,but then Im screwed when he passes,its more that I'm usually solid one game in run D and off on pass D ...or vise versa.I did int you 4 times last game and won the first 22-0,I think I beat you in season one with Texans too,I dont think you were trying to be mean with that comment but it came off as that :(

One thing about Mike Strahan since you had already won the game ...the last two plays on O I wanted to see how easy it was for you to get to my QB if I didnt keep in a blocker or two.As I supspected you were able to shift the D line wide and my computer O lineman didnt try to stop Strahan,you simply were able to be in control of Strahan and run right around my guy and sack my slow ass QB.I know this is allowed as I know the rules,but dude you have to admit its pretty damn easy to do that :\ You got 2 QB sacks by just running around my dumb ass douche lineman.

But Im not making excuses cause you kicked my ass bad and played a great game.I was able to not let Strahan do that much till I chose to stop blocking....and that forced fumble was luck ;)

BTW I forgot.....

F: FUCK YOU ALL! BULLSHIT VICTORY I QUIT THIS LEAGUE I HATE YOU!

PS- Ck Please dont take my post the wrong way and start a fight :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Since we won't play again under the same conditions, I can tell you what I did on D for Strahan, for my whole D-Line. Against you, on every play, I audible my linemen to attack the outside. May not seem like a big deal, but it gives me the extra edge. You don't run inside, you always drop straight back, never step into the pocket once it is formed, you never run draws/delays and what's worse is that you tip me off to what you will do, that is the killer. It's pretty much shooting fish in a barrel.

I see how you would feel it's cheap, but let me put it into perspective. You ran 9 times total, Strahan tackled you 4 of those times, and missed that one 16 yard TD run, total of 5 times I was in position to make the play. I think you only ran strong side 5 times. And the line spread is supposed to be something that is effective mainly against the pass, not the run.

Also, on trying to get more blocking, two things:

I think hot routing is more effective than motion. If I blitzed out of the 4-3 with spread LBs, your guy in motion wouldn't pick it up, but would likely hit Strahan rushing to the outside.

Strahan, or any other strong, fast, pass rusher will pretty much bowl over any RB in the game. What you should do is what I did against Gunstar - mix up your packages so that you can get a tight end in the backfield. It's a better blocking matchup against a linemen than an RB.

I dunno what else to tell you. You know that I pay very close attention to my opponent's tendencies and across three games you played the same way. Gunstar, Bob, and FMT had no problems with Strahan harassing them in the league, though I know Bob had voiced concerned in exhibition games.

ramirez, it advances tomorrow @ 6:03 pm pst. i have to wait another day for my second straight trip to the superbowl :(

can you play tomorrow when it advances??

ramirez i might be home tonight at around 6:30 pm or 7pm pst, so if you are around we can play.

otherwise we can play tomorrow morning. anytime between 9am pst and 10 am pst

Fifty

No! We're playing at 7:50! I can't afford to miss 24!

edit: I'm looking forward to FMT and Ramirez's game. That should be very interesting. The Superbowl champ, with a better team, going up against Vick ;p

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg between me and gunstar, i won 24-10 but it was a lot closer than that.

the key plays were two 70+ yard bombs i got on single coverage when he was blitzing.

one odd thing of note, i have trailed by at least 10 points in ALL of my playoff games since we started the leagues. not bragging, just saying i have an awful lot of things go my way to comeback in these games.

Actually the 2nd 70+ yard bomb was a zone with no blitz. Good win by you, tough loss for me, my playing calling was weak once I was up 10 to 0. Hopefully the really Eagles will do better tomorrow.

Top Bottom