• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden 2005 Season 2 Online League: Because Halo 2 can't last forever!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DJ Demon J said:
Yep. Which team are you again? This match against hgplayer1 is a must-win--if I only beat two teams this season, they must be the Eagles and the Cowboys.

Ravens.

The deadline ends at like 9 pm eastern time..Ill look for you on aim around then,let me know if you want to play later than that.

Matrix said:
Ravens.

The deadline ends at like 9 pm eastern time..Ill look for you on aim around then,let me know if you want to play later than that.

Yea, that's fine, I'll probably play hgplayer1, then watch another Episode of 24: Season 3 (I need to catch up, I'm missing Season 4 already! :( ) and then be ready to play you when the deadline ends.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok cool,i'll be sitting in the lobby at around 9 pm eastern time,Ill also be on AIM.

Mrbob

Sheeeeeee-aaaat DJ got banned again for trolling Nintendo. Looks like you'll have to go to AIM to set up games with him. Not sure how long he is gone.

Matrix

Its getting f-ing old...Dj even though you cant read this post,stop getting yourself banned over stupid nintendo shit.

hgplayer1

holy shit when we did we pick up this cheesey shit?

DJ was destroying me in our game and he was up like 31-14 with under 2 minutes to go with the ball and I was giving no indication of trying to stop the clock with TOs or anything. I was even running the ball on offense to try to run clock which got me a 92 yard TD. so he just keeps fucking throwing the ball over and over and over. 1st down 2nd down incompletions into triple coverage. I just wanted the damn game to end. 4th and 3 or so on my side of the field around the 40 or 30 yard line and what does he do? he runs the ball. I had already called punt return formation and I wasnt about to call a TO. as soon as he ran the play for a first down I quit the game. nevermind the fact that the damn game let him run something other than a punt. fair play my ass. he could have just run the ball up and down the field at that point. I was barely picking a D. anyway he just got my vote for asshole of the month.

Fifty

Too bad he got banned (for such a shitty reason too, who wants to troll videogame companies? It's just a waste of time DJ!), I'd like to hear his rationale for that.

Matrix

That sucks HG,sorry to hear that.

I just beat him bad for you :p

Lewis 252 yards and 3 tds *drools* I finally unleashed the beast.

Fifty

Well, I finally played up to my potential. I finally threw well with Manning. It's been a tough, at times ugly season, but I feel good since most of my wins have come against the league's best players, and I won the way I wanted to tonight. gg FMT.

bitch jets WR's (drops, no effort) + great colts WR's + colts pressure with 3 and 4 man lines even in max protect - run game = loss

gg dude, colts were too fast for me on offense. it's not often you put up 400+ yards and 30+ points and lose, but such is life!

looks like im on a crash course with gunstar in the first round. pennington will rise... like the phoenix!

Mrbob

WOOO! My league winning game streak continues against CK on a last second FG victory! Back to .500!

Fifty, you're next! GET LOCKED AND LOADED FOR THE SLINGING AND SLANGING WHICH WILL COMMENCE. ONLY ONE CAN BE THE PASSING CHAMP!

I say we ban running in our game! :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It's what happens with familiarity. You knew me too well, and even when I switch it up, the swarming Rams defense was too much. (Yes, I said that. [Yes, I am embarrased {Yes, you too, should be embarrassed for me}]).

Only thing of note was that my guys kept dropping ints when Bob kept swinging out to Faulk and I was in cover 2! Not to mention more fumble folleys. Bulger fumbles, I got two Giants in the area, and somehow Torry Holt recovers? wtf?

Well, my fault for losing. I was too distracted with the fuckin' hilarious on-goings in that game to focus. I did not execute my gameplan and I paid the price. Now, back to the drawing board for Gunstar.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
PASS THROUGH THE BODY! :lol

:lol :lol :lol! That was to counteract all your BS!

You got burned for using Archuletta though. I can't believe I did not take more advantage of that after playing against Fifty so much, ugh. Hindsight always 20-20.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
DM, what happen on the last play? It looked like TO was pushed out of bounds with 2 seconds to go, the play by play said the samething but the clock kept running.

Anyways great defensive game.

DMczaf

Gunstar77 said:
DM, what happen on the last play? It looked like TO was pushed out of bounds with 2 seconds to go, the play by play said the samething but the clock kept running.

Anyways great defensive game.

I have no idea, I guess one of his knees hit inbounds first or something... *shrugs*

Yeah, great game. I was scared that INT inside the red zone would come back to haunt me later in the game. It almost did...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Jesus Christ. I was just looking at the stats... While I struggle offensively, some of you guys are blowing it up. 250+ rushing yards for Matrix, over 400 yards passing for Fifty. Ridiculous.

Hope you bring your A-Game Gunstar. My passed two games have been disappointing, and I have not executed my gameplan well, but you know I am 100% focused on this game, the Eagles, and you. I woke up extra early to run a few plays on the Eagles D to give me some food for thought on the commute to work. :lol Are you available Thursday night?

.... How pathetic am I?:(

Edit: Forgot to mention the MOST BS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN THIS GAME last night.

Third down, bob is in FG range and he passes out to i believe it was his fullback. I hit him right as he is catching the ball and force the drop. The game calls a DEFENSIVE PASS INTERFERENCE! I was stunned. There's been more flagrant PI's that have not been called, this one was pretty fuckin' close as I felt I hit him right as the ball got there. He turned what would have been an FG into a TD. Ugh.

Shadax

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
holy shit when we did we pick up this cheesey shit?

DJ was destroying me in our game and he was up like 31-14 with under 2 minutes to go with the ball and I was giving no indication of trying to stop the clock with TOs or anything. I was even running the ball on offense to try to run clock which got me a 92 yard TD. so he just keeps fucking throwing the ball over and over and over. 1st down 2nd down incompletions into triple coverage. I just wanted the damn game to end. 4th and 3 or so on my side of the field around the 40 or 30 yard line and what does he do? he runs the ball. I had already called punt return formation and I wasnt about to call a TO. as soon as he ran the play for a first down I quit the game. nevermind the fact that the damn game let him run something other than a punt. fair play my ass. he could have just run the ball up and down the field at that point. I was barely picking a D. anyway he just got my vote for asshole of the month.

You're right, I was destroying you. "No indication of trying to stop the clock" or not, the game doesn't end until the clock runs 0. MrBob, Ramirez and others have played up until the last few seconds of the game (and scored, unfortunately for me). So, I had about 1:20 on the clock when I got the ball back, I drove up the field to your 47. It was 4th and 4 and I go for it (as is my right, since I crossed the 50, and the risk of losing the ball to a turnover would not have affected the outcome of the game). I saw you line up in a punt return formation, so I gave you the full play clock (I waited until the 1 second mark to snap) for you to call a timeout or audible to change formation. I even considered calling a timeout for you. But you didn't change your formation, so obviously I got the first down. And after I got the first down you quit. Last time I checked this leaque wasn't a quitters league. I'm sorry your Cowgirls had to get their asses beat so badly by the Redskins, but them's the breaks.

Ramirez

Don't throw my name in there,I never run passing plays once I know I've won unless its 3rd down,I can't help if Dunn breaks one for a TD sometimes though.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
Don't throw my name in there,I never run passing plays once I know I've won unless its 3rd down,I can't help if Dunn breaks one for a TD sometimes though.

I'll back this up. Ram plays with a lot of sportsmanship when the game is already decided.

dshillzhtown - when can you play? Wednesday night would be good but it would have to be really late. Or we could play tonight. I would just have to tear myself away from Resident Evil 4.

Fifty

Wellington said:
Jesus Christ. I was just looking at the stats... While I struggle offensively, some of you guys are blowing it up. 250+ rushing yards for Matrix, over 400 yards passing for Fifty. Ridiculous.

.... How pathetic am I?:(
=

The Giants have no real strength. I finally used mine to my advantage, and matrix used his best player. If you had a SLIGHTLY better team, with a distinct advantage, you'd be seeing the same thing. And oh yeah, you're first in first downs, 2nd in rushing, and 4th in passing. Last year you lead us in passing. You don't need to revamp anything.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Truelize said:
I'll back this up. Ram plays with a lot of sportsmanship when the game is already decided.

dshillzhtown - when can you play? Wednesday night would be good but it would have to be really late. Or we could play tonight. I would just have to tear myself away from Resident Evil 4.

I would rather play tonight. Not 100% what I will be up to Wednesday.

dskillzhtown

Shadax said:
You're right, I was destroying you. "No indication of trying to stop the clock" or not, the game doesn't end until the clock runs 0. MrBob, Ramirez and others have played up until the last few seconds of the game (and scored, unfortunately for me). So, I had about 1:20 on the clock when I got the ball back, I drove up the field to your 47. It was 4th and 4 and I go for it (as is my right, since I crossed the 50, and the risk of losing the ball to a turnover would not have affected the outcome of the game). I saw you line up in a punt return formation, so I gave you the full play clock (I waited until the 1 second mark to snap) for you to call a timeout or audible to change formation. I even considered calling a timeout for you. But you didn't change your formation, so obviously I got the first down. And after I got the first down you quit. Last time I checked this leaque wasn't a quitters league. I'm sorry your Cowgirls had to get their asses beat so badly by the Redskins, but them's the breaks.

That kind of attitude is not what this league is about. We are not trying to embarrass each other or "rub it in". That shit is weak. That is the same attitude that repeatedly has you on the outside of GAF looking in.

Mrbob

Hold on a sec. I haven't run up the score on anyone in this league. If I got a big lead I'm running draw right up the middle. Basic plays. If you go four and out on your own 20 yard line the most I'll do is kick a FG. I've kneeled down in games within the opponents red zone already at the end of the game if I have it won.

dskillzhtown

Ramirez said:
That is what is weak,we've been destroying you all year but we don't say anything like that to you :lol Weeeeeeeeeeeak.

Funny you say that when I have a 2-game winning streak against you. I guess there are worst players than me in this league...right?

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Even funnier is your inability to read and comprehend :lol

:lol Yea ummm dskillz he wasnt talking about you.

Fifty

Ramirez was just saying DJ shouldn't rub it in. I agree with HG somewhat, that when the game's over you should run it down, not try to score again, but so be it. I know HG doesn't like that (I didn't mean to, but he thought I was doing that against him once) so I'd just try to run it down in the future, ok DJ? You didn't do anything critically wrong this time, but it's good sportsmanship to let it wind down quietly.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Hold on a sec. I haven't run up the score on anyone in this league. If I got a big lead I'm running draw right up the middle. Basic plays. If you go four and out on your own 20 yard line the most I'll do is kick a FG. I've kneeled down in games within the opponents red zone already at the end of the game if I have it won.

I can vouch for this,in league play Bob has never ran up the score on me... past exhibition games that didnt count ....dont get me started :p

Matrix

dskillzhtown said:
I just didn't know how you included yourself in that "We've" when I OWN you... :D

Any tips on beating him? :( I for the life of me cant.

Shadax

Banned
People have continued to score on me even with the game out of reach for me (28+ point deficits). I never give up on my game, even if I can't win (ask those who've seen me recover onside kicks and score TDs after the final 2 minute warning). There's more game experience to be had, more things about playcalling I could learn and good competition to the final whistle makes me a better player in the end.

I can understand where hg's coming from (it is frustrating to get beaten so soundly, trust me, my 11 losses attest to that), but to quit out like he did--when there was only another 45 seconds to play--is weaker than me quasi-trash-talking IMHO. I thought this league was about competition--a little trash-talking never hurt anyone. So tone down the egos, I've paid my dues with losing all season long, and been a good sport about it. If I get beat, feel free to post pictures of the Skins getting dominated or laugh at the holes in my D or my inability to keep Ramsey's head attached to his spine. Gunstar didn't complain when I posted the pictures of Andy Reid with captions after my decisive Eagles thrashing (and a few of you even laughed at it). Why the sudden hate on me?

hgplayer1

this will be my last post on the subject of mine and DJs game. all Im saying is that game should have been over 5 to 10 minutes before it would have ended had I not quit. you threw so many incompletions into double or triple coverage when you could have just been running clock. after the last TD that you scored I fair caught the kickoff at my 5 yard line. I thought you might get the hint. I even proceeded to run 3 straight plays and if I would have been in a 4rh down situation I would have punted. when I broke that 92 yard run for a TD I was sure you would start running the ball to run the clock down but I think on your first play from scrimmage you dropped back and I sacked you. I just dont get why you wanted to extend the game longer than it had to go. I have no problem getting scored on but what you were doing to me seemed like blatant disregard for good sportsmanship. youre probably the first person Ive ever quit on in a GAF league or non league game. I dont have a problem admitting I suck at this game and that I dont particularly like this game but theres absolutely no way I ever quit a game unless the other player is displaying BS that I dont feel like putting up with.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
For the record, DJ is also the first person I have ever quit on for that same reason. If you're in the fourth quarter with the game well in hand, then I really don't see the point to extending the game. We all have better things to do than to extend 4 minutes in madden to 20 real life minutes.

By the way:

InsecureKillah: yo
CtownSkins3: yo
InsecureKillah: Mind if I bother you for a few questions?
InsecureKillah: (Madden)
*** CtownSkins3 signed off at Tue Jan 11 18:49:42 2005.

A simple no would have sufficed. :lol

Shadax

Banned
Hey, I've lost 2 TD leads in a matter of 1:30 on the game clock before (Hit Stick Fumbles, blown run/pass coverage). So excuse me if I want to try to make sure I don't get yet another notch in the "L" column. :rolleyes

Matrix

DJ,how does throwing make it any safer? Its easier to get an int then to cause a fumble,imo..unless you hit stick the QB.

Run the clock down dude if you're beating someone with 1:30 or less left in the game and up big,if they really want to continue they would call timeouts.

Shadax

Banned
Matrix said:
DJ,how does throwing make it any safer? Its easier to get an int then to cause a fumble,imo..unless you hit stick the QB.

Run the clock down dude if you're beating someone with 1:30 or less left in the game and up big,if they really want to continue they would call timeouts.

Because I've fumbled on runs a lot (which also led to two straight TDs against me a few times), even when covering the ball with the Y button...

Ramirez

My bad man,a friend came in and got on the PC as soon as you sent that,so I just exited instead of havin to explain to him who you were and why you wanted to talk,etc.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shit Gunstar, I will not be able to make it Thursday, and likely not on Friday either. When will you be around on Saturday!? ;(

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Wellington said:
Shit Gunstar, I will not be able to make it Thursday, and likely not on Friday either. When will you be around on Saturday!? ;(

I am open most of the day Saturday but Saturday night I will be out.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm gone until Monday guys. Sorry if I miss a game. (Matrix be nice). I did my best to get all my games in before I had to take off.

Talk to ya all soon.

Matrix

:lol Its not a big deal at this point...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Gunstar, how about 3PM EST on Saturday?

I can honestly say that I have never been more excited about a Madden game as I am about this one. All I need to do is execute my gameplan. :|

Top Bottom