• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden X-box Tournament I: A New Hope! SIGN UP NOW!

it's time again, time for the awesomeness that is the madden GA tournaments. maybe some of you missed it last year, but we completed 10 tournaments for the PS2 version, and it was a lot of fun. many of us have moved onto the xbox version, a few stayed with the ps2 version, and some of us will be participating in both. but, this thread is for the xbox version only, so keep that in mind at all times!

we'll see how many people we can get in. i'm guessing 16-32 to be honest with you. lets remember a few things though:

* LEGIT TOURNAMENT! no cheesing (and madden 2005, contrary to popular belief, will not be free of cheese)

* Remember, the madden servers probably won't be up and completely stable for about a week after release. It sucks that it won't be up and 100% reliable from day 1, but this is online gaming reality! So, don't get discouraged and lose interest and pout about it! It's going to happen, don't be surprised

* Don't even bother posting in this thread if you aren't going to particpate. It's only wasting everyones time, and then we have to scramble to find people when you flake

* As of right now, the official quarter length for RANKED games is going to be 4 minutes. This is according to EA themselves. This is going to be a RANKED tournament. It sucks, and I wish they would boost the quarter lengths to 5 mins at least, but what are you gonna do?

and now, the signups! i know some of you have a dedicated team, but i'm not sure all of you are getting the game for xbox. so if your name isn't on here as a reserved team it's not because i don't know that, it's because i dont know if you're going w/ the xbox version
-------------

01. FMT - 49ers
02. DMczaf - Bucaneers
03. Gunstar77 - Eagles
04. fifty - Ravens
05. MrBob - Bears
06. Matrix - Texans
07. CubanB - Chiefs
08. Ramirez - Steelers
09. malleymal - Saints
10. Mav - Vikings
11. Willco - Redskins
12. Drey - Packers
13. Bobster - Dolphins
14. CK - Giants
15. Slo - Colts
16. Konex - Broncos

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Matrixadw- Texans,I like getting abused.

Miguel

Matrix said:
Matrixadw- Texans,I like getting abused.

ATTABOY!

Take that pounding like a man. If you ever feel like giving up...REMEMBER...

Carr was sacked 76 times....AND TOOK EVERY SNAP...in 2002. DO IT FOR DAVID!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
CHIEFS!!!!!... wait what who?????

that sucks.. oh wait , I got them in the season...

give me the Saints

Maverick

AAAAAH. God damn you Ramirez! Don't you ever go out and drink?! :)

So what team am I stuck with this time.

Hmmm...Okay, I will take the Vikings.

.... :(

guys keep in mind that EA is going to release a roster update on day 1 of maddens release. infact, the update is already online for download to those lucky enough to already have the game. i bring this up because the dolphins are going to be in a world of hurt with ricky and david boston out...

actually, i don't think the david boston thing will be reflected yet since it just happened yesterday.

Bog

Junior Ace
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys keep in mind that EA is going to release a roster update on day 1 of maddens release. infact, the update is already online for download to those lucky enough to already have the game. i bring this up because the dolphins are going to be in a world of hurt with ricky and david boston out...

actually, i don't think the david boston thing will be reflected yet since it just happened yesterday.

Unlike most people, I take a team because I like them, not because of their rating.

Slo

I'm sorry, since I haven't been registered yet, I'd like to change my team to the Colts. I need more downfield offense then the Panthers give me. :)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I will take the Falcons. I'm gonna wear my Vick jersey during every game I play against all you guys, cause I'm cool. :D

Bog

Junior Ace
Truelize said:
I will take the Falcons. I'm gonna wear my Vick jersey during every game I play against all you guys, cause I'm cool. :D

Gonna run with him a lot, too?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Bog said:
Gonna run with him a lot, too?

I kinda have to. My HB is a lightweight. But I don't really play well running him all over the place either. And he's not unstoppable like he was last year. And if you watch the new defensive videos they have the Falcons on offense a lot of the time, so they definetly put in a lot more tools to keep him in the pocket.
And I don't know if my connection was kinda sluggish last night but I had a really hard time dealing with the blitz. It might be that I've put like 2 days worth of playing time into NCAA and Madden plays quite a bit faster though.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Oh I will. But I'm finding that I can't stay in the pocket for long so I have to run with him a bit. The blitz comes fast in this game.

tournament up, sign in now! first 16 to get in are in... sorry, there is no option for anything above 16 but below 32... and i dont think we can get 32 GA'ers in on this.

name: Gaf 1
pass: Kbar

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Signed up with the Texans....haha out in round one

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm in Falcons are me. I'll be available tonight for a game if anyone wants to play. Just message me here or msn messenger.
You should be able to message anyone of your friends list correct? What with the new XBox live alerts. How does that work anyways? Do I have to have the Alerts tab showing?

Slo

Mav, the Vikes were available but I still signed up as the stupid Colts because of you. I demand that you enter the tournament, or next time I'm just going to step all over this "team reservation" list.

Maverick

You can have the Viks if you want, man. I have been trying for the past 3 days to register the "terms of agreement." I had this same problem with NCAA for the first week and then I finally got in.

If you switch your team before I get in, I'll take the Colts.

DMczaf

Maverick said:
You can have the Viks if you want, man. I have been trying for the past 3 days to register the "terms of agreement." I had this same problem with NCAA for the first week and then I finally got in.

WTF? Ive been able to logon with no problem.

Slo

Maverick said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :(

I can't change my teams now that I've signed up. :( :(

Fifty

I think that might affect your DNF %, although it shouldn't, since it hasn't started yet. If it doesn't, then go for it.

DMczaf

We need 3 more, come on!

10 hours left.

01. FMT - 49ers
02. DMczaf - Bucaneers
03. Gunstar77 - Eagles
04. fifty - Ravens
05. MrBob - Bears
06. Matrix - Texans
07. CubanB - Chiefs
08. Ramirez - Steelers
09. malleymal - Saints
10. Mav - Vikings
11. Willco - Redskins
12. Drey - Packers
13. Bobster - Dolphins
14. CK - Giants
15. Slo - Colts
16. Konex - Broncos

3 of you havent signed up!

Fifty

I wish we could see who (from the list) hasn't signed up yet. Maybe FMT can tell us.

Well Mr. Bob doesn't have the game yet, so there's one.

I seriously doubt Cubanb has signed up for XBL and signed into the tourny yet, so there's a probable #2

Top Bottom