• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden X-box Tournament I: A New Hope! SIGN UP NOW!

my bad willco. last year i would post detailed directions on how to sign into the tourney, and it seemed like a waste of space because everyone knew. but i can see how it is kind of hidden this year (online events? wtf). dont worry dude you'll be in the next one, sorry about that its my fault

also, there IS an option to have the game for longer minutes, but i have to change the games to "unranked". i will definently be setting the league @ 6 mins, and if you guys want the tournaments to be unranked (not count against your record) thats cool too. just post with your thoughts on it

well, ESPN isn't "ranked" for our tourneys OR league games. i think tourneys being @ 4 mins is a good idea, because each tourney goes by quickly and we should have SOMETHING ranked. but for league i want it to be 6 minutes. i dont care about that being ranked because we will have the league webpage which will have our league records and stats, etc.

Bog

Junior Ace
Ramirez said:
Hey Bog I just caught this...

WTF are you talking about?Never quit on anyone here...unless your talking about the league,which Im sure everyone is on the brink of quitting,and Im sure you would too if none of your games ever recorded.

And yea HG,good game.

Yes I meant the league, and it was a joke. Chill out.

Bog

Junior Ace
What the fuck. 20 seconds left and it says "Connection to opponent lost". I mean, I was gonna lose, that's fine. But now I have a 100% DNF for my 1 game online. Great. Thanks, EA, you fucking idiots.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I was playing someone yesterday and the score was tied 21-21 in the 4th with less than 1 minute left,and the samething happened to me and I got the loss and dnf of 5% :| If the score was tied I shouldnt have gotten the loss...oh well,I guess my connection crapped out or something.

DMczaf

Games left in the 1st round

DMczaf
ShadowRed

matrix
drey1082

truelize
gunstar

dskillz
Slo

CK
Konex

Im playing my game tonight, you guys should too!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I would like to play also,but Drey as of now is a no show.He posted earlier that he would be out and back at 4pm and he would pm me,but he didnt so I cant play myself doucheczaf :p

Drey1082

Matrix said:
I would like to play also,but Drey as of now is a no show.He posted earlier that he would be out and back at 4pm and he would pm me,but he didnt so I cant play myself doucheczaf :p

Sorry about that, i just got back so i can play now

i beat bobster 17-3, but he lost connection with 20 seconds left and i got the credited win. usually it will post the score but say the percentage of the game was left, for instance:

17-3 (Q4 98%) saying that it disconnected in the 4th when the game was 98% done, but it didn't do that this time. oh well, as long as i advance.

and about the game, it was a total defensive game. the score was 10-3 for most of the game, then i got a touchdown after holding bobster to 4 and out in his own territory. gg friend

Bog

Junior Ace
Yeah, I still need to learn what the hell is going on in that game. Runs eat me up and Zone D hasn't been as kind to me this year as it was last.

hgplayer1

Gunstar just beat me in a game where I had 5 yards total offense. I think I have no clue what to do on offense anymore. his D line was killing me without any real blitzing. I was totally clueless what to do by the time we got to halftime. i think I got stuck using too many of the same formations which I tend to do sometimes. shoulda got myself some max protection.

good game gun

Drey1082

Matrix, i think you might have cheesed me man.. allbeit i lost that game by making a million mistakes, but could you explain that play where you used motion so my mlb was covering one of your wide receivers who was lined up on the line, and you blew by him leading to a wide open touchdown. You used it twice too.

I should have made that field goal though, i sucked that up big time. I lost, and I accept it, i fucked up big time, multiple times. Those two plays, kinda irked me though.

Matrix

I sent him in motion,then I flipped the play on you and you didnt bump and cover,I then lobbed the ball to Johnson who has the speed I guess to out run your cb.Also I dont like someone saying I used cheese,I play a ton of people here and I have never been accused of that...I could call your long bombs to Driver cheese,but I didnt.You should audible your D if you see something that someones burning you with.

Yea you should have made the fg just like I shouldnt have missed the extra point...I thought we both played well and I dont know why you consider that cheese when Ive played plenty of people who can stop it...shit you could have doubled Johnson more.

Drey1082

alright man, it's cool, i just didn't understand the play, or what you were doing to get someone that wide open on man coverage with the safeties at cover 2. And to defend myself, bombing to driver wasn't cheese, since i saw you were playing a cover two zone and was leaving driver in single coverage with a safety.

It was a good game, you won fair.

Matrix

I always consider stuff I cant stop cheese ;) Man gg I thought we both had a great game and either one of us should have won it.

Matrix

I figured you would be passing more cause Farve is pretty good in this game,I played a lot of Nickel and Dime coverage on you....you should have ran more cause I really think if you had,I wouldnt have stayed in the game.

Drey1082

yeah, i was going to post that too, I got away from the run. Oh well, chalk this one up to experience for me.

"Laces out DAN!"
"Laces out!"

This will be repeating in my head for the rest of the night. Since immediately after i missed, i thought of this.

Matrix

LOL

I still cant get over the fact I missed an extra point...thats pretty damn sad.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Truelize said:
Sorry dude. I have family over tonight. Can you play tomorrow morning? Sunday?

I can play today. I am getting ready to go to the store but I will be back around 12:00 PM EST, after that I can play anytime.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Gunstar77 said:
I can play today. I am getting ready to go to the store but I will be back around 12:00 PM EST, after that I can play anytime.
Cool. That will work. I need to have my our game done by 2:30 PM EST though. But that gives us a couple of hours.

I have a feeling I'm gonna get worked in this tourney. I was just reading the above posts about you guys can recognize what defense is being played and such. I'm still pretty n00b with identifying defensive coverage. I never actually played football growing up, I think I've actually learned more from Madden than any outside source. I need Football for Dummies. :p Is there actually a book titled that? I bet there is.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Truelize said:
Cool. That will work. I need to have my our game done by 2:30 PM EST though. But that gives us a couple of hours.

I have a feeling I'm gonna get worked in this tourney. I was just reading the above posts about you guys can recognize what defense is being played and such. I'm still pretty n00b with identifying defensive coverage. I never actually played football growing up, I think I've actually learned more from Madden than any outside source. I need Football for Dummies. :p Is there actually a book titled that? I bet there is.

I am signing on in 5 minutes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Konex. Champ Bailey shut down my passing game for the most part.

I dunno what happened when you went for that FG and the camera zoomed in and the heart started beating. Probably was the reason you missed it. :/

DMczaf

I dunno what happened when you went for that FG and the camera zoomed in and the heart started beating. Probably was the reason you missed it. :/

LOL

Konex choked! Pressure Kick situations rock.

Matrix

That is pretty hard to do,Drey missed a game winning 27 yard one against me which then sent it to OT and I barely made my gw from 34 yards out,that was my first time kicking under pressure like that,its a little nerve racking :p

Of course DM hit a 53 yard gw against me under pressure...die! :( :( :(

ShadowRed

Banned
The last minute field goal camera should be the default camera for kicking field goals. It's way fucking better than the normal angle.

PS whne are the leagues going up. I thought they were going online on the 12th.

i lost to DM 13-7... it sucked balls!

i was winning for pretty much the entire game (7-3) thanks to a long Kbar run. then we had traded field position for most of the game. but late in the 4th he was driving, i'd always get him in a 3rd and long situations, and i'd always get burned. however, the biggest burn came on 3rd and 8 from about the 12 yard line. DM ran the hurry up and just lobbed one to keenan, ahmed was in postion but keenan just hauled it in. 10-7, then he added another FG and i drove to midfield but i just ran out of time.

my main problem that game was that i didn't work the sidelines with my passing game. for some reason, whenver i get the lead i go into Safe mode, and try to throw short "safe" passes and they dont always work (and they aren't always safe!)

no more DM!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I played Gunstar this morning. I did pretty good actually. Playing against the Eagles is never easy, but I had a really good first half defensively. Vick got hurt three different times in the game. I think they made him out of glass this year to make up for "SuperVick" from last years game. But I got behind late in the third and had to start throwing to different recievers and it didn't work for me at all.
I find that in this years game, the quick out routes don't work at all. I have a really hard time completing them. Anyone else find this too?

Well, I'm one and out in the tourney. Totally looking forward to the league now though.
If anyone wants to play tonight just PM me and we'll give it a go.

Hey, if anyone wants to play a friendly game, hit up SarpedonsFate (AIM) with an IM. I'm not in the tourney or league, but I am looking for some GAFers to play.

Fifty

Good game Matrix. It seemed like a clean enough game, and I felt that I played a solid game, especially with Ray. I hate being the dude to knock you out of the tournament. Much love for your use of the Texans.

Top Bottom