• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Madden X-box Tournament I: A New Hope! SIGN UP NOW!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Man you take Lewis out of that game I would have had a chance to win...jebus christ I could contain him in the first and then all the sudden my D line just falls apart.

Drey would have beat me if he ran,but your team is so friggin highly ranked that its impossible to win against them,unless you have a fluke game where you turn the ball over.

Dm,here's a tip,Fifty doesnt have the best passing game so just watch for him to run a lot :p You stop Lewis and dont turn the ball over on stupid ints and the Ravens will fall.

GG Fifty,I will have my revenge.

Fifty

Matrix said:
Man you take Lewis out of that game I would have had a chance to win...jebus christ I could contain him in the first and then all the sudden my D line just falls apart.

Drey would have beat me if he ran,but your team is so friggin highly ranked that its impossible to win against them,unless you have a fluke game where you turn the ball over.

Dm,here's a tip,Fifty doesnt have the best passing game so just watch for him to run a lot :p You stop Lewis and dont turn the ball over on stupid ints and the Ravens will fall.

GG Fifty,I will have my revenge.

Giving tips to the almighty DM, for shame. I can only hope that FMT is in my corner when the bell rings.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You beat me...I was letting off some steam in the form of tips :p

Fifty

Let off steam in the form of calling me a douchebag! Don't give an edge to the already unstoppable Bucs. :p

But I did make a point of passing as well, the first half was so close and I'm known for throwing stupid picks to your man Jamie Sharper. At least I wasn't the Eagles ;)

Matrix

I didnt see much passing from you :\ You had like a couple of screen passes to lewis for tds' and maybe like one catch,everything else which was like 5 more passes was batted down by me..atleast I think :p

Did you get email stats?

Matrix

How many times did you run? 80 ;) Nah it was the damn stupid ass Ints that really cost me this game.

i have the running game, defense and special teams to beat DM, but i do not have the passing game. but, in due time i will... in due time DM!

i'm not giving away any tips on DM except don't turn the ball over and you'll be in the game with a chance to win! five out of 6 games i've lost to DM has been by 7 points or less, and most of them because of stupid turnovers. but i have a new playbook now... dm isn't going to like it :p

i already beat ramirez 24-0. Here is my 4-step plan on how to do it:

1. Let Duce catch the ball
2. Hit stick him
3. Pick up the fumble
4. Score a touchdown on the recovery or subsequent possession.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i already beat ramirez 24-0. Here is my 4-step plan on how to do it:

1. Let Duce catch the ball
2. Hit stick him
3. Pick up the fumble
4. Score a touchdown on the recovery or subsequent possession.

Gunstar used that strategy against me.

Ramirez

Deuce has failed me >_<

Wellie...it might be more around 7:30 EST when Im able to play,gonna play some bball tonight,so just let me know.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Deuce has failed me >_<

Wellie...it might be more around 7:30 EST when Im able to play,gonna play some bball tonight,so just let me know.

Sounds good man, don't worry, only way I would miss a game is if I was killed on the way home. :D

:(

Ramirez

Im not sure how to handle this...we couldn't connect,not even for a voice chat session...I played Matrix right after I tried Wellie with no problems and he played Dskills with no problems,ugh :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah, dunno what to do here, but as I said to FMT over AIM:

I dunno if you can, but can you give Ramirez the win over me? We can't connect at all. I tried flushing the memory, connecting straight through the modem, everything. Then we even played other people and tried again but no go

He's a better player than me, and I chose not to play last night so I could prep, so it is my fault, we would have at least known

Ramirez

The only sure way to make sure I win would be for you to withdraw I think...damn I hate winning like that though =\

hgplayer1

so you two cant connect through the tourney lobby or absolutely at all? try playing a rush attack game or something and see if it works.

Matrix

No words can describe that besides..."odd"

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So who do you all think is gonna win this thing? Who's got the Pats? Cause hgplayer is pretty strong with the Eagles

hgplayer1

wow the "lil bitch" factor is alive and well with online football games. I just had another punk quit on me with 1 second and a kickoff left for me to get a 6-3 win. he played a decent game even though his offense pretty much came down to throwing the ball deep and praying. he connected on a couple of them to keep from having to punt on a few occassions but other than that he had nothing.

this is why leagues and tournaments are sooooooooo necessary and why I cant understand why we cant get people to sign up and play with some enthusiasm around here. I hate having to go play random people but usually when i get on anyone whos on my friends list is already in a game (some of you guys play each other wayyyyyyyy too much) and I cant wait to get a game in. Im even starting to look at DNF% to try to figure out who might be worth playing. also whats the point of finishing a game against the CPU if it wont give you the win? stats?

hgplayer1

damn matrix just beat me 37-7

my defense is just totally broken. it seems no matter what i do my LBs get ate up on run blocking. none of those moves will allow me to break free of a block once im engaged and at times i get engaged so fast off the snap i cant do anything to pursue the play. my safties for some unknown reason are almost non-existant on run defense. I couldnt believe that big run you broke off on your 2nd play because for the most part I was in a zone and my safties were nowhere to be found once you got past the LOS.

that quarter defense is near impossible to pass into. I dont get how I just drove down the field to score that first TD and then couldnt do jack shit afterwards. nothing was open after that first drive.

I need some serious help in this game.

Fifty

hgplayer1 said:
=usually when i get on anyone whos on my friends list is already in a game (some of you guys play each other wayyyyyyyy too much) =

I'm not naming names ;) But the main reason I play with the people I play with is that we keep the same hours, and more importantly, we set the games up in advance. I hate having to hope they're online, and settling for a quitter.

Matrix

hgplayer1 said:
damn matrix just beat me 37-7

my defense is just totally broken. it seems no matter what i do my LBs get ate up on run blocking. none of those moves will allow me to break free of a block once im engaged and at times i get engaged so fast off the snap i cant do anything to pursue the play. my safties for some unknown reason are almost non-existant on run defense. I couldnt believe that big run you broke off on your 2nd play because for the most part I was in a zone and my safties were nowhere to be found once you got past the LOS.

that quarter defense is near impossible to pass into. I dont get how I just drove down the field to score that first TD and then couldnt do jack shit afterwards. nothing was open after that first drive.

I need some serious help in this game.

I'm not sure you need that much help,I just think they made the Cowboys run D friggin shitty in this game,wholes were opening up for me left and right and I would just follow my fb and bust through,thats how I got that long run with Davis.I just started using quarter after Rameriz crushed me and so far I'm 2-0,it really shuts down the passing game..me likey :p

That was my first time playing you in madden so I dont think I was ready for your style of play when you scored that quick td to start off the game,I think I adjusted well or maybe I just got lucky.

Fifty

DM and I are playing tonight. Gunstar, while innocent on all charges, sure is lucky to get this bye :) The finals will be determined in a few hours.

Fifty

Well, I lost. Fair and square. I couldn't stop him on the most important drive, and my passing game was shut down yet again by his cover 2. Adding much insult to injury I threw a pick to his KNEE. He caught it with his fucking knee!!! I wish I had a replay. I'm not complaining, I could be wrong...Who cares. Also, once I was out of it my fullback fumbled on his only carry of the game. Then DM scored on the fumble recovery. Insult to fucking injury.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Well, the Eagles didn't choke in a big game finally!! Good game DM, I am happy that I beat the one person that has killed me in Madden. I look foward to play the Madden League more then anything now.

Eagles 12

TB 7

dont start another tourney without me! the new one will go up sunday... come on dudes, you dont want the best player @ GA not in the tourney do you? ;p

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dont start another tourney without me! the new one will go up sunday... come on dudes, you dont want the best player @ GA not in the tourney do you? ;p

Maybe we can do a 4 or 8 man quick Tourney this weekend, I would be able to do it Friday night or Sunday.

Fifty

Yes, a quick tourny would be a good idea. Just get 8 guys online at the same time (prearranged) and give it a go.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
There are atleast 4 people on every night, let's do one tonight! Who is up for it? Or could we get 8?

Top Bottom