• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Photography 2010 - Q2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VNZ

Zel3 said:
I was wondering if this would be a good enough lense to get macro shots with or should I get something with more zoom. What would you guys recommend?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011NVMO8/?tag=neogaf0e-20
If macro photography is the main goal for your purchase you'll probably be happier with a real macro lens (ie. a lens that approaches 1:1 magnification). On the other hand, if you're looking for an all around zoom that also has a fairly good magnification ratio it's a decent choice. The 55-250 can focus to about 1:3 magnification.

sneaky77

900531324_6fCDs-XL.jpg

900530069_8yQKa-XL.jpg

900538051_vdevy-XL.jpg

900548055_Df7Cm-XL.jpg

900548698_poUYh-XL.jpg

900558594_dAtEF-XL.jpg

900563336_c26MY-XL.jpg

900589947_jSSc9-XL.jpg

The photos of the people surfing were taken by my gf with my camera. But they are too good (imo) not to share.

Help photo GAF. I just switched from Aperture to LR3. Now I heard that LR3 handles flickr a hell of a lot better than Aperture does. Does LR3 sync with Flickr? I imagine something where I make a change in LR3, and I can synchronize the changes with the picture in my flickr album online.

Thanks

I am as noobish as you could possibly get when it comes to photography. Though randomly the other night, I decided I wanted to try it. :lol So I bought a DSLR.

One of my first attempts/pictures, our dirty toaster. Yup.

First_DSLR_Photo_by_Slam_Cannon.jpg

Thanks GAFers for your contributions to the thread. They have helped me start to shape my photography into my own style. I wouldn't say I am anywhere close yet, but I learn more and more every day. I'm thinking of going out and shooting this Friday. Probably back to White Rock Lake, which I feel I always have something new to photograph.

Slowly but surely I am tagging and re-uploading my old photos. Some of my point and shoot stuff is embarrassing, but many of the photos are of friends and family, so they hold sentimental value. But damn, it takes forever to go through and metatag everything properly. Lesson learned to tag as I edit from now on. Lightroom 3 is awesome!

I am as noobish as you could possibly get when it comes to photography. Though randomly the other night, I decided I wanted to try it. So I bought a DSLR.

One of my first attempts/pictures, our dirty toaster. Yup.

What did you get?

mr_nothin

Banned
OK IM SICK OF THIS!!!

How do you go about getting that super "flat" and faded/washed out look that guys like The Wispy Scoundrel, Heist, and Forsete like to use in their photos. It's really bugging me that I cant figure it out and I know it's pretty simple. It's not the cross-proc look that I'm talking about, just in case someone wants to sneak that in :lol

Tell me!!! Pretty please =]

EDIT:
Whoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom