• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Running Club |OT| - Couch to Marathons, All abilities

mdsfx

*cross-post, but wanted to share

7:45 pace half marathon PR. I've been chasing this one for a while. It was cold as balls. I can hardly talk because my lips are frozen.

Paced myself well with no issues other than weather, but I was layered perfectly. Something about cold weather leaves me never feeling thirsty. Hardly drank any water except after having a gel.

7e1btkUl.jpg

Anyone have any tips for better self motivation/pushing limits? I am trying to drop my mile times and 5k time. Best mile is 5:35 and best 5k is 19:11.

Every hard workout I do, I am never fully out of breath and feel like I could gone way harder after my work out. For instance, if I am doing 12x400 @ 75-78, I am never gasping for breath after each one. But I feel like I can't physically go any faster after each one. In theory, I should be able to match that 5:35 from doing 400s at that pace. But I racing it, I barely get under 6. My motivation to push myself harder is really weak and I have nobody to push me harder. Same with my 5K. I should have broken 19 a long time ago, but I can't break that mental barrier to hold a 6:00 for 3.1. But I can hold a 6:35 mile for 7+ miles (which is harder to do), again, makes no sense.

I really want to get a personal trainer after I graduate and get a job. At the moment can't do that

frontieruk

*cross-post, but wanted to share

7:45 pace half marathon PR. I've been chasing this one for a while. It was cold as balls. I can hardly talk because my lips are frozen.

Paced myself well with no issues other than weather, but I was layered perfectly. Something about cold weather leaves me never feeling thirsty. Hardly drank any water except after having a gel.

Congrats, between this and the fitness thread I've decided you're a machine.

panda-zebra

Anyone have any tips for better self motivation/pushing limits? I am trying to drop my mile times and 5k time. Best mile is 5:35 and best 5k is 19:11.

Every hard workout I do, I am never fully out of breath and feel like I could gone way harder after my work out. For instance, if I am doing 12x400 @ 75-78, I am never gasping for breath after each one. But I feel like I can't physically go any faster after each one. In theory, I should be able to match that 5:35 from doing 400s at that pace. But I racing it, I barely get under 6. My motivation to push myself harder is really weak and I have nobody to push me harder. Same with my 5K. I should have broken 19 a long time ago, but I can't break that mental barrier to hold a 6:00 for 3.1. But I can hold a 6:35 mile for 7+ miles (which is harder to do), again, makes no sense.

I really want to get a personal trainer after I graduate and get a job. At the moment can't do that

I was told by a personal trainer friend to stick my head in the book "The Chimp Paradox". I'd forgotten about it but your post reminded me so I'll give it a look and report back if I find it life changing hah. I'd never considered any sort of motivational/self help stuff before Shahid Ahmad mentioned "The War of Art" in a presentation, reading that got me off my arse and working on my little games, so I'm more open to these ideas now.

Fistwell

I don't know. But I do know (or believe that) it's key to improvement, and I'm able to do it when I got the right energy. What's holding back your pace on these 400s? Unable to just push the effort passed a given level? Or saving some for next reps, psychological blockage to keep something in the tank?

Not sure if you're doing reps or intervals. Maybe you could try to switch it up to see if it helps. If you're not able to give full efforts because you're worried about the next interval, just switch to reps instead. You should be able to drop 70s without too much trouble. Take whatever time you need to recover completely between reps.

Additional facts about my 10k:

1. I came in 37/380.
2. I came in 2/7 for my age and gender group of M20-24.
3. This won me a cool little silver gnome trophy.
4. I ran the first mile with both my shoes tied properly, one shoe came undone at the start of the 2nd mile and the other part way through the 2nd mile. I managed to run the whole rest of the race with both shoes untied and not eating shit!

I also actually signed up for and paid for my half marathon. I'm doing the Tom King half in Nashville, TN. It starts and ends in the Titans stadium and goes through downtown Nashville so it should be a pretty cool race! I'll have to book a hotel for the weekend now so I'll make a nice tourist trip out of it as well.

Fistwell

I also actually signed up for and paid for my half marathon. I'm doing the Tom King half in Nashville, TN. It starts and ends in the Titans stadium and goes through downtown Nashville so it should be a pretty cool race! I'll have to book a hotel for the weekend now so I'll make a nice tourist trip out of it as well.
Nice! Squeeze in a few long runs between now and March and I'm calling a sub1h45 semi. Don't let us down now! :)

JB1981

Did 5 miles for the first time ever the other night. Slowly inching my way to completing my first half marathon come April. I was wrecked after that 5 miles. Long road ahead. Woof

Fistwell

Did 5 miles for the first time ever the other night. Slowly inching my way to completing my first half marathon come April. I was wrecked after that 5 miles. Long road ahead. Woof
Yah, it's always tough when you push beyond your comfort zone. I still feel it acutely whenever I push mileage too much.

Good job, keep it up! :)

You've got it! No matter how hard it is though you managed to complete those 5 miles so great job on that :).

Like Festwill said, anytime you have to push beyond your previous limit it's always hard.

JB1981

You've got it! No matter how hard it is though you managed to complete those 5 miles so great job on that :).

Like Festwill said, anytime you have to push beyond your previous limit it's always hard.

Thanks guys! Going to do a shorter run tonight, 3 miles, and try to push my pace.

I was told by a personal trainer friend to stick my head in the book "The Chimp Paradox". I'd forgotten about it but your post reminded me so I'll give it a look and report back if I find it life changing hah. I'd never considered any sort of motivational/self help stuff before Shahid Ahmad mentioned "The War of Art" in a presentation, reading that got me off my arse and working on my little games, so I'm more open to these ideas now.
I'll look into it as well. If you beat me to it, let me know what you think!

I don't know. But I do know (or believe that) it's key to improvement, and I'm able to do it when I got the right energy. What's holding back your pace on these 400s? Unable to just push the effort passed a given level? Or saving some for next reps, psychological blockage to keep something in the tank?

Not sure if you're doing reps or intervals. Maybe you could try to switch it up to see if it helps. If you're not able to give full efforts because you're worried about the next interval, just switch to reps instead. You should be able to drop 70s without too much trouble. Take whatever time you need to recover completely between reps.

I usually do an equal amount but lean towards doing more interval workouts. I am giving it everything I got physically (but never aerobically) on everything and my recovery is usually half of the distance I just did (for intervals) or I wait for my heart rate to drop (for reps). When I'm going all out, I just can't physically move any faster. But I don't feel out of breath so does that mean I am actually not giving 100%?

Does lifting help with increasing overall top speed for running? I haven't lifted in years and always thought it never benefited long distance running.

Its a slow work up. Add 10% more miles every other week. Try and increase your base speed too by doing tempo workouts. I highly recommend doing a 5K or 8K before hand to get an idea of how you should race your half marathon.

Fistwell

I usually do an equal amount but lean towards doing more interval workouts. I am giving it everything I got physically (but never aerobically) on everything and my recovery is usually half of the distance I just did (for intervals) or I wait for my heart rate to drop (for reps). When I'm going all out, I just can't physically move any faster. But I don't feel out of breath so does that mean I am actually not giving 100%?

Does lifting help with increasing overall top speed for running? I haven't lifted in years and always thought it never benefited long distance running.
It could be different things. It could be you got a much stronger aerobic system than speed. You don't tax energy production circuits hard enough that you develop oxygen debt by the time the interval is over.

It's good that your aerobic system are this strong. It is weird your speed tops up at that. What's your 100/200 time for example? Being around 19/5K I'd think around 14 and 29?

To increase speed, it's either technique or strength. Technique is easy and stuff you already know. Form drills, barefoot sprints on grass, hill sprints, etc. For strength, lifting with focus on legs, but I'm no expert there. Plyometrics are supposed to help as well (exercises around jumping, rope jumping and so on).

Edit: And, also, if you want to stress your breathing more, you can stretch your intervals and shorten the recovery, or move towards more and more active recovery. Say three by mile with 400 aerobic running for example, or 6x800, 200R. But that's pretty obvious.

Everyone seems proper active! Well done - and hope you've survived through that cold snap and back out the other end to running glory.

I've been busy AF- but not running :( Only managed a very short run today before my breathing crapped out (Crazy how not using that asthma inhaler before affects me - or is it just psychosomatic?!)
I feel lazy, I mean I was able to put in 5K everyday during December which was insanely busy too... I think I might try to get back to something similar so I have no excuses, M - F runs.

I have to ditch This American Life as a podcast, I can't deal with the constant political ramblings - especially with the current environment in both US and UK being a mess - running is a break from this noisy din, so I refuse to listen to more stressy stuff.
In fact, anyone recommend some interesting podcasts?
I guess I'm not especially looking for running themed, I tend towards food, psychology, weirdness.

And I promise to get back to some speed training - I really liked starting that Turkey Trot thing - def makes short runs feel more focused and interesting.

Keep it up everyone!

Gemüsestäbchen;229426388 said:
Everyone seems proper active! Well done - and hope you've survived through that cold snap and back out the other end to running glory.

I've been busy AF- but not running :( Only managed a very short run today before my breathing crapped out (Crazy how not using that asthma inhaler before affects me - or is it just psychosomatic?!)
I feel lazy, I mean I was able to put in 5K everyday during December which was insanely busy too... I think I might try to get back to something similar so I have no excuses, M - F runs.

I have to ditch This American Life as a podcast, I can't deal with the constant political ramblings - especially with the current environment in both US and UK being a mess - running is a break from this noisy din, so I refuse to listen to more stressy stuff.
In fact, anyone recommend some interesting podcasts?
I guess I'm not especially looking for running themed, I tend towards food, psychology, weirdness.

And I promise to get back to some speed training - I really liked starting that Turkey Trot thing - def makes short runs feel more focused and interesting.

Keep it up everyone!

These are limited podcast series, but I really enjoyed Revisionist History with Malcolm Gladwell and the How I Built This by NPR. I also listen to The Comedy Button quite a bit, their humor matches up with mine pretty well.

It could be different things. It could be you got a much stronger aerobic system than speed. You don't tax energy production circuits hard enough that you develop oxygen debt by the time the interval is over.

It's good that your aerobic system are this strong. It is weird your speed tops up at that. What's your 100/200 time for example? Being around 19/5K I'd think around 14 and 29?

To increase speed, it's either technique or strength. Technique is easy and stuff you already know. Form drills, barefoot sprints on grass, hill sprints, etc. For strength, lifting with focus on legs, but I'm no expert there. Plyometrics are supposed to help as well (exercises around jumping, rope jumping and so on).

Edit: And, also, if you want to stress your breathing more, you can stretch your intervals and shorten the recovery, or move towards more and more active recovery. Say three by mile with 400 aerobic running for example, or 6x800, 200R. But that's pretty obvious.
I rarely do 100m sprints. I'll have to do some of those this weekend and get back to you. 200m times average around 33-36. My fastest ever was a 28 in high school and that was unofficially in a 12x200m workout.

And doing longer intervals and shorter recoveries wouldn't be a bad idea, I rarely do mile repeats or 800m at my race pace or faster.

Fistwell

I rarely do 100m sprints. I'll have to do some of those this weekend and get back to you. 200m times average around 33-36. My fastest ever was a 28 in high school and that was unofficially in a 12x200m workout.

And doing longer intervals and shorter recoveries wouldn't be a bad idea, I rarely do mile repeats or 800m at my race pace or faster.
Is 33-36 an all out effort or repeat/interval time? If all out, I'd think you do indeed have something funny going on with your top speed. (Don't read too much into whatever I write now though, I'm exhausted and getting BUZZED ON ALL TEH ALCOHOL WWOOoOO!!!)

Finally, finally, finally submitted that fucking document. Ditching work tomorrow afternoon and going for a run dammit.

Edit: oh, and , yeah, for a 5K runner, 3 by mile, 5 by K and 6 by 8 should be pretty beneficial if you haven't done much of that.

Paganmoon

I'vemadeahugemistake.gif

I signed up to a half marathon, at the behest of one of my coworkers. The race is in May, and I've only ever run 5K's (and slow ones at that) for running only, and 15k with obstacles (with obstacles is easier, cause I sort of... you know, hate running).

So I had to go for a run outside today in below freezing weather. Did 4km on the treadmill on Sunday, and 5km outside today (first real exercises in over a month), and my calf's are starting to cramp.

Got a bit annoyed with myself as well, as I still only hit 28 minutes at 5km, I can't seem to break that time. I felt I had enough breath, but my legs just wouldn't have it and thighs and calf started to twitch.

Any particular leg exercises I should focus on, on leg days to get more running strength and endurance?

Fistwell

I'vemadeahugemistake.gif

I signed up to a half marathon, at the behest of one of my coworkers. The race is in May, and I've only ever run 5K's (and slow ones at that) for running only, and 15k with obstacles (with obstacles is easier, cause I sort of... you know, hate running).

So I had to go for a run outside today in below freezing weather. Did 4km on the treadmill on Sunday, and 5km outside today (first real exercises in over a month), and my calf's are starting to cramp.

Got a bit annoyed with myself as well, as I still only hit 28 minutes at 5km, I can't seem to break that time. I felt I had enough breath, but my legs just wouldn't have it and thighs and calf started to twitch.

Any particular leg exercises I should focus on, on leg days to get more running strength and endurance?
Honestly not really, unless you're mo farah already. Just need time on your feet, that'll be more beneficial than most leg workouts as far as running goes. I think. See above disclaimer drinking blbaballabla...

But yeah I mean, squats, sprinter squats, plyometric erh... things.

But really, just run more.

Lothar

Banned
What's a normal price for half marathon? New Orleans Rock N Roll is $175, wow. I would have considered it if it was $100.

I'vemadeahugemistake.gif

May is plenty of time, especially if you can already run 5k without stopping. It's not like you're forced to run the whole thing. You can stop to walk a lot.

Are you sure you have the right shoes with the right size?

Is 33-36 an all out effort or repeat/interval time? If all out, I'd think you do indeed have something funny going on with your top speed. (Don't read too much into whatever I write now though, I'm exhausted and getting BUZZED ON ALL TEH ALCOHOL WWOOoOO!!!)

Finally, finally, finally submitted that fucking document. Ditching work tomorrow afternoon and going for a run dammit.

Edit: oh, and , yeah, for a 5K runner, 3 by mile, 5 by K and 6 by 8 should be pretty beneficial if you haven't done much of that.
Those are my interval times. I'm going to start to lifting to see if that makes any improvements to my speed.

And those sound like great workouts, thanks! Will definitely use those for my spring training.

Izayoi

Banned
Does anyone have good tutorials on proper breathing and form? I've been running for a long time and I'm realizing that I'm doing both wrong, and my wife is just starting. I don't want to start her off down the wrong path.

What's a normal price for half marathon? New Orleans Rock N Roll is $175, wow. I would have considered it if it was $100.

The full in Lincoln NE cost me about $80 and I think the half was $60. Significantly smaller market of course. That said, it'd have to be a pretty special half with some good swag to get me to pay $175.

Fistwell

Those are my interval times. I'm going to start to lifting to see if that makes any improvements to my speed.
Those interval times sound normal to me for your 5K time. Do you ever do form drills and hills? Not saying your form is bad, but straightening up a few loose angles (if there are any) can very directly affect speed. Do report back on speed gains from lifting. I've never found the motivation (and not sure how much I believe in it at our level), but I'm definitely interested in hearing your results! :)

Does anyone have good tutorials on proper breathing and form? I've been running for a long time and I'm realizing that I'm doing both wrong, and my wife is just starting. I don't want to start her off down the wrong path.
Many on the youtubes, look up sage canaday's channel. Don't take everything he says as gospel, he's ok but he parrots out the cadence meme like a dumb jock.

Running form is hard to do but easy to conceive. Run tall, shoulders wide open, head high, look far away not the ground below your feet, hit the ground below you (not in front), make contact with mid- to front-foot, lift knees, minimize lateral movement of arms, drive your forward momentum with a slight forward lean (body straight on average, don't bend at the hip), minimize contact duration of the foot on the ground (imagine running on egg shells or hot coals). Then, you only need to do all that while keeping all muscles not directly engaged in the effort (everything that's not legs or butt) as relaxed as possible. Tall and shoulders opened, but shoulders relaxed and loose. And I would not worry about cadence one bit.

When I run (and want to keep form) I have this mental circuit in my head, I go from head to toes and start over, head high, stand tall, shoulders opened, shoulders relaxed, etc, down to front contact zone, short contacts, dynamic pushoffs. Then I cycle back to: head high, etc.

Edit: here's a video with a few good bits. Note that her arms swing too much towards the center of her body though, and I'd say her elbows are too open but that's more of a personal, what you're comfortable with kind of thing. But foot strikes are on point. Ignore the stride rate thing at the end. The 180 fits all obsession is backwards and comes from a lack of understanding of bio-mechanics.

Bonus pictures because it's either wasting time here or going to the office and doing actual work,
Good: forward lean drives momentum, body on a straight line, good pushoff off of the toes.

Terribad: arms swinging laterally, left arm about to cross sagittal plane, head tilted forward, looking down at his feet.

KeRaSh

I'm finally able to run 1-2 5ks a week again after fighting with knee problems the last few months.
It feels great to run again but I still have to take it slow. During my first outside 5k I felt the pain return a little but the next 5k on a treadmill felt better.
I'll try to add a little distance with every run I do until I feel comfortable running a 10k again.
Hopefully I can get there soon.

Fistwell

I'm finally able to run 1-2 5ks a week again after fighting with knee problems the last few months.
It feels great to run again but I still have to take it slow. During my first outside 5k I felt the pain return a little but the next 5k on a treadmill felt better.
I'll try to add a little distance with every run I do until I feel comfortable running a 10k again.
Hopefully I can get there soon.
That's nice to read! WB! :)

Running form wisdom

Thanks as always Festwill - really good stuff!
I'm slowly accepting that the body is a fine instrument and everything effects everything else - relaxing and being looser is a big mission of mine in general - and great to hear how you go about fixing your form. I'm def going to be more mindful next I go - hopefully tomorrow!

Fistwell

Gemüsestäbchen;229488934 said:
Thanks as always Festwill - really good stuff!
I'm slowly accepting that the body is a fine instrument and everything effects everything else - relaxing and being looser is a big mission of mine in general - and great to hear how you go about fixing your form. I'm def going to be more mindful next I go - hopefully tomorrow!
Cheers, I'm happy if my semi random rants are of some use to someone.

Being relaxed is a big deal in general. You lose a lot of efficiency when tensing up. The entire body is compliant, a significant portion of the energy involved in the cyclic movements of running is being recycled. Energy is stored in muscles and tendons stretching (under natural movement), then released in the next part of the cycle (like a spring being compressed then released). Especially true in the legs, but happens in the upper body too. When you un-naturally tense up, the body loses its capacity to recycle mechanical energy (spring is always compressed to the max, no flow of energy in or out). Yet you do still move and maybe at the same speed, so you do need to make up for the energy loss. That means worse efficiency.

The body naturally tenses up when you're doing a movement you're not comfortable with. Think of a child learning to walk, she/he unnecessarily contracts a lot of the muscles along her/his body. When you've grown used to walking, you can do it in a very relaxed way. It's the same with running. When you run at higher than usual pace, the body naturally tenses up, because it is weird and new, and its bracing itself for (possible) impending doom because what is this and I'm scared. A big part of running faster is spending time getting the body acclimated to running at that target pace. Getting acclimated, or familiar, means getting the chance to relax, and in that way gain in efficiency. A lot of training is geared towards that. Even when running faster than target pace, the idea is often that running faster will make it so that you comparatively feel more comfortable at target pace. /rant

All of that to say, running relaxed sounds like silly bro-science. It's not, there are very sound bio-mechanical reasons for it.

Edit: There's of course a lot more than that around the notion of getting comfortable at a given pace. (For example, it's also about reinforcement training of muscle fibers used at that pace, and of the neural system. Rhythmic patterns are controlled by Central Pattern Generators (CPGs, dedicated neural circuitry). Training by reinforcement the relevant CPG makes it more efficient in terms of nervous flow. Synaptic connections get reinforced following a specific neural-net topology, and it requires less mental exertion to engage and maintain the movement. You don't need to think about it as much, it comes naturally. Which means less mental energy exerted. Mental energy being another form of energy, of which you only have a finite supply of, and is what you expand when making a mental effort. Like working hard for longer than usual hours to meet a deadline. Or pushing through the pain in the late stage of a hard race. So, being comfortable lets you save mental energy, which you can expand when the goings get tough and you want to break through and get that PR. /rant)

How regularly do you guys buy new shoes? I'm at about 600 miles on my current pair and while they're a little worn on the bottom they don't really feel any different. I suppose I'd only notice that with a new pair though.

Also thanks @festwill for the running form post (and good advice in general). I don't post too much but I lurk a bunch and you're always helpful. Props.

Wish I'd waited to go this morning, it was pouring with rain and with my glasses, couldn't see where I was going, ended up going shorter than I intended.

I haven't bought any new running shoes in over a year, but I really want to buy new running trainers, new tracksuit bottoms, and appropriate shirts for running.

How regularly do you guys buy new shoes? I'm at about 600 miles on my current pair and while they're a little worn on the bottom they don't really feel any different. I suppose I'd only notice that with a new pair though.
After about 500 miles usually, my last pair I was up to 750 and I was starting to feel a few niggles in my knees which may have had nothing to do with the trainers but I switched them out in case.

Also thanks @festwill for the running form post (and good advice in general). I don't post too much but I lurk a bunch and you're always helpful. Props.

With regards to shoes you shouldn't really use the sole as an indicator. Try to feel the inside for any irregularities. At 600 miles I'd say you'll definitely notice the difference once you try a new pair.

I usually switch (or at least, tell myself I'll switch) at around the 600-800Km mark, and sometimes even that feels too much mileage on a pair of shoes.

I haven't bought any new running shoes in over a year, but I really want to buy new running trainers, new tracksuit bottoms, and appropriate shirts for running.

If you've been running regularly I'd say you are due for a new pair.

mdsfx

500 miles for a pair of shoes?! Damn. I guess I'm overdue. Funny I was just thinking that my shoes seemed less supportive recently.

500 miles for a pair of shoes?! Damn. I guess I'm overdue. Funny I was just thinking that my shoes seemed less supportive recently.

It's one of those things where you get used to the shoes being too worn out inside, but once you put some new ones the difference is immediately apparent. I used either my first or second pair of shoes for +2000km and I've got to say: never again. I'd rather change them too soon instead of too late and risk a knee injury.

After a specially tough leg day at the gym yesterday I went running today. I have no quads, and I must run.

hom3land

Ran the Krispy Kreme Challenge this morning. 5 miles with a stop halfway to eat a dozen donuts. Ate 10...and finished within an hour. Longest I've run in a longtime. Pretty impressed with myself. Was hesitant to sign up for a 8k next month but this race gave me confidence! Should be a fun race season!

killroy87

Hey all!

New to this thread. I used to run about 10KM a day (I don't know what that is in miles, I'm Canadian), but a weird, random knee problem forced me to stop for a couple months, and I've never really been able to break out of the bad habits and get back into it. Now I've got a bit more junk in the trunk, am out of shape, and am anxious to get moving again. Looking forward to (hopefully) starting some good new habits!

I'll be starting pretty slow and easy, I need to make sure my knee can take it. But I'll be doing some leg exercises as well to help strengthen that part of my body, so hopefully all is good.

Just wanted to pop in and say hey!

Ran the Krispy Kreme Challenge this morning. 5 miles with a stop halfway to eat a dozen donuts. Ate 10...and finished within an hour. Longest I've run in a longtime. Pretty impressed with myself. Was hesitant to sign up for a 8k next month but this race gave me confidence! Should be a fun race season!

How bad was it on the 2nd half after all the donuts?

What do you folks typically see/do for marathon tapering? I've historically followed the Hal Higdon plan which has you go 20, 12, 20, 12, 8, and then marathon. I'm kind of doing my own thing this time and am leaning toward less of a taper, so maybe just cutting out the 8-miler. Curious what others have done.

Edit - Hi to killroy and best of luck getting back into it. Sounds like you've got a good approach to it :)

hom3land

How bad was it on the 2nd half after all the donuts?

What do you folks typically see/do for marathon tapering? I've historically followed the Hal Higdon plan which has you go 20, 12, 20, 12, 8, and then marathon. I'm kind of doing my own thing this time and am leaning toward less of a taper, so maybe just cutting out the 8-miler. Curious what others have done.

Edit - Hi to killroy and best of luck getting back into it. Sounds like you've got a good approach to it :)

Not bad at all. Actually went by quicker then the run there. Only saw 1 person throw up and that was at the end of the race. Only issue I had was my left leg and foot fell asleep on the last 1.5 miles.

Better you than me. I never would do that. :)

mdsfx

Couldn't help but sleep in today, so I lost the opportunity for a long run. Since I have a random 8k coming up in April, I thought why not see where I'm at for the shorter distance. It had been a while, but I blasted past my previous PR of 7:28/mi somehow. I'm extremely happy to see the longer runs, swimming, and cycling all seem to be helping:

Top Bottom