• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secondary small ESPN NHL league

shoplifter

We still need 4 players (since Konex hasn't signed up yet). This one's just for fun, not too serious. Sign on up.

league GAFtiny
pass espn

8 teams
18 games
4 day interval
4 team playoffs, best of 3

All-star

fighting off
penalties all turned down 3 notches

shoplifter

One quick note: I'm not advancing the schedule early unless all the games are played. Since this one's just for fun, take however long you need to get your games in, up to the deadline.

\/\/ agreed on the settings, for the next small league we'll probably use something like that.

Cloudy

Banned
Wow, I just played Mala and scored the weakest game-winner ever. A soft backhand flip just trying to set up a rebound opportunity went right past the goaltender's head :lol

And why are the defenders so much slower than the offensive players on this setting? Eh, I guess there will be less OT games but even if I lose I like HOF better. That said, I think the ideal setting is HOF with the goalie slider tweaked cos if you have two guys who play defense, it can be hard to score many goals on the setting :p

Ramirez

LoL,yea I just don't understand how I'm supposed to successfully get any good shots off,my passes just get stole or my dudes get knocked the fuck out every time,no matter who Im playing...and then when Im on the D,it seems like its always just my 2 guys down there while the rest of you seem to have the whole team down there blocking any attempt at a goal...Im confused.

Ramirez said:
LoL,yea I just don't understand how I'm supposed to successfully get any good shots off,my passes just get stole or my dudes get knocked the fuck out every time,no matter who Im playing...and then when Im on the D,it seems like its always just my 2 guys down there while the rest of you seem to have the whole team down there blocking any attempt at a goal...Im confused.

I've had that happen too...sometimes I get too aggressive and start pulling defensemen out of their zone too early to chase a puck or to make an early hit/poke against an incoming opponent. If you're not careful you get situations with open one-timer opportunities. If you're confident in your offense, you can continue to try and bring extra men up to add pressure and put more shots on goal, just be wary of the breakaway and be ready to play catch-up. :)

I think you did very well, you outshot me by 33% and had some great hits and steals.

Ramirez

Yea I mean I did alright I guess,I just can't fuckin score :(

I'm 3-1 in the main league and I have 3 total goals :p I need more production damnit! :D

BTW, why is Konex #1? The in-game stats put me first since I had no goals scored on me, but the website puts Konex ahead of me. Get used to the shutouts people, the Capitals will be drinking champagne from the Cup in no time! :)

shoplifter

WOOT.

Come from behind win, 2-1 over SJ. Awesome game.

Thornton checks Cheechoo into his own bench with 30sec left and scores the game winner when Nabokov falls over.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Shoplifter, could you reset the game between Theo and myself? It froze with me leading 2-1 in the 2nd period. Fucking Sega and their shitty QA.

Top Bottom