• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secondary small ESPN NHL league

theo

Contest Winner
great game malakhov, damn that was close

yeah i have to learn how to play defense in the clutch too. :)

shoplifter

All I have to say is:

fuck you Andrew Raycroft. Your bobble sucked.

gg

also,
i am made of rage
after that third period

Cloudy

Banned
gg shop :)

It didn't affect our game but I hope that move where the player dumps the puck from the blue line and the goalie automatically leaves the net WIDE open EVERY time doesn't work on HOF :p

shoplifter

Me too. That's gotta just be some crazy glitch..that happens far too often, and no I don't recall it happening often on HoF, though I have seen netminders get out of position every once in a while in a similar way. Usually it's on a longer dump and a forward just happens to be in the right position.

Goalie passing REALLY needs to be fixed up next year.

also: BostOWNED

shoplifter

So...is it happening on dumps from a -specific- place, because dump & chase is a completely valid tactic. I'm not saying 'try to get the netminder to fuck up' is, but if there's a good place to replicate it from a good portion of the time, I'd concur with you. But only from those specific places.

Cloudy

Banned
I wouldn't bring it up if it was a one time thing but you did it A LOT during the game and it worked great. You just couldn't hit an empty-goal that one time.

I'm sorry but it's absolute garbage, dude. I always play on HOF so this is the first I've seen of that tactic but I know cheese when I see cheese. If that's gonna be allowed in this league (although you're the only I've ever seen doing it), I will drop out...

Cloudy

Banned
Oh and I know dump and chase is legit but folks do it in HOF too and the goalie doesn't just vacate the goal :lol

shoplifter

Trust that I wasn't doing it to get the goalie to cheese out. I do it cause I have a hell of a time breaking the zone and then trying to actually set up an offense. Honestly I haven't noticed it happening much in my other games on any skill level, and i do dump a lot.

Cloudy

Banned
Well, I personally would have stopped doing something that is OBVIOUSLY a glitch but I'm sure you weren't cheesing intentionally. The thing is, win or lose, I will NOT play in a league where that cheesy crap is allowed.

It's quite obvious there is a sweet spot for it near the blue line...in allstar at least...

shoplifter

Seriously, pinpoint the fucking sweet spot. Get a jpg of a rink and point out exactly -where- it happens. Then replicate it repeatedly.

"Around the blue line" is not good enough. I'm not trying to be a dick here, more info is needed to really get a grip on what's going on. It could just be the goalie's stats combined with some random occurance.

Never mind the fact that I've played 3 games in this league, and 4 in another on AS, and the subject hasn't come up once. I didn't just change how I play for you, so I'd think that someone else would have had some words about it if it were a problem.

I looked over at operation sports and on the 2k5 boards and found nothing about this at all, so I think you're blowing this way out of proportion.

Cloudy

Banned
Dude, if it was a one-time thing, I wouldn't bring it up. You did it several times so I KNOW it is a glitch. That's fine though, I won't quit and screw up the league.

I'll just forfeit any game where I have to play you or anyone else who does that crap :)

It could just be the goalie's stats

I have one of the best goalies in the league if not the best and that's probably why you didn't score the empty goal shots.

I'm not gonna argue anymore but cheese is cheese...

shoplifter

Again make a damn image of WHERE the dumps cause it. "the entire blue line" doesn't work. I refuse to believe that the only valid tactic is 3 on 2/2 on 1 rushes or just skating the puck into the zone.

If you're seriously going to just forfeit against people that dump the puck, then just fucking quit. Like I said, no one else has complained.

I mean it, I made this for fun, not to be serious. There's enough of that in the other league.

shoplifter

So should we even bother to take your complaint seriously then? Because honestly, it looks to me like you're just whining because you couldn't play the kind of game you wanted to play.

Here's a hint: win more faceoffs, and then you can control the pace of the game. Going 7 for 24 in the faceoff column won't help.

I don't want you to quit. Seriously. I want you to prove that this happens and exactly from where so we can try to fix the problem. What you're saying is "waaaaaah..don't dump the puck, I can't handle it" when what I want is "When you dump the puck from 5' to the left of the boards 2' before the blue line the goalie plays it every time."

Cloudy

Banned
Dude, if you're trying to say I'm complaining because I lost or something, that's just ridiculous. I just quit the league since you won't accept my decision to avoid cheese (IMO) tactics. I play in online leagues for fun and abusing or being abused by cheap glitches is not my idea of fun.

Like I said, I don't want to screw you guys but I'm not gonna put up with BS gameplay. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding a taker for a 2-1 team...

shoplifter

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST MAN.

I've asked you five or six times now to SHOW EXACTLY where it happens from. Does this not mean anything to you? Is it that hard to provide evidence for your theory so others can replicate it? If it's not that obvious, I'm trying to figure this out so we can come to a group agreement on it, but simply not being able to dump the puck -at all- isn't an option.

Ramirez

Wow,I can't believe he quit,lmao!

Man I played Shop and I didn't notice anything cheesy,wtf.Quit crying Kotex and get your ass back in here :D

shoplifter

Crimson Dragon said:
What happens if we can't find a replacement?

It looks like you, me, DJ and Malakhov have him 3 times instead of 2, so that's going to create a slight disparity if I have to award wins (which I don't want to do since it'll screw up our stats).

if it comes down to it, i'll create a second xbl acct (with the 2 free months) and take over.

Cloudy

Banned
I don't want to screw you guys so invite me back if you want, Shop. We can agree to disagree but you pulled off that dump from roughly the same area with too much frequency for it NOT to be a glitch IMHO.

I will play all my games but win or lose, I will call out anything I believe is cheesy :p

shoplifter

Yeah, sure come back.

Like I said, I'm open to discussion on the dumping issue, but I want you to provide something that is -replicable- so there can be some sort of group concensus.

It appears though, that you think (when you say "you pulled off that dump") I'm trying to dump it so the netminder will leave the crease and play the puck (thus allowing me cheap goals) when it couldn't be further from the truth.

What's going to happen if we nix dumping in general is that folks are going to play a full backcheck and it's going to be hell to break the zone with any consistency.

Cloudy

Banned
Well I didn't mean you were doing it on purpose but you saw it just like I did, dude. I don't think dumping in general needs to be banned but dumping from that area seems to be causing the glitch....on allstar at least. A dump from a bit further back might not glitch out the goalie...

I'll rejoin when I see the invite. My gamertag is Cloudystrife...

Don't worry Konex, I'll take good care of the Flyers....wait, he's back?! Curses! ;P

If it makes you feel any better Konex, I'll beat Shoplifter for you. :)

Top Bottom