• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Secondary small ESPN NHL league

Bish, that was SUCH bullshit and you know it! :p ARGH. Hello, can the refs let you get away with any more hooks? Jesus Christ! :mad: ah well, gg it was fun.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I had an assload of penalties called on me! Hell, you had a 5 on 3 PP and I nearly scored on you anyways. :p

Thanks for the best defensive game I've ever played, bar none. I was literally on the edge of my couch the entire time, hardly breathing. When you scored to tie it up, I thought I was gonna have an aneurysm. :lol

Excellent game, thank you.

bishoptl said:
I had an assload of penalties called on me! Hell, you had a 5 on 3 PP and I nearly scored on you anyways. :p

Thanks for the best defensive game I've ever played, bar none. I was literally on the edge of my couch the entire time, hardly breathing. When you scored to tie it up, I thought I was gonna have an aneurysm. :lol

Excellent game, thank you.

Yea, I was on the edge of my seat too...swearing at the massive hooks as my guys were flipped end over end! :D

That was a heartbreaker seeing the breakaway with 40 seconds left!!! 2 on 1 against Kolzig....poor Olie never had a chance. ;(

Good play though, deked and faked the one timer then lofted it top shelf left. At least you earn your goals, unlike Konex, that cheating bastard.

theo

Contest Winner
DJ Demon J said:
mr theo, I should be free tonight or before 7:30PM Thu night to play our game. Let me know when you're available.

I can play tonight between 5 and 8pm est, or after the sox game.

Malakhov, left you a pm on the game too..

I can play anytime except saturday. I don't consistantly check the board here, so I won't catch the I'm on now posts... I'm avail anytime after 7pm est .. just lemme know when you ready to go :)

shoplifter

^^^ Like I said, I was out of town all weekend. I can play tonight though, looked like you were having some issues though.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
shoplifter - that was game was nuts. If it's any consolation, I felt really, really bad about that 3rd goal. Now you know why I never play the puck with the goalie, I don't care if your guys are camped out by the blue line. Goalie handling in this game is atrocious. Lagtastic network kinda sucked as well...gg anyways, thank you.

shoplifter

Yeah, I just kind of threw my controller at the end.

I was SUPER pissed cause I lagged RIGHT when I wanted to shoot on that first breakaway with Thortnon and had what amounted to a pretty easy goal too. :(

bishoptl said:
shoplifter - that was game was nuts. If it's any consolation, I felt really, really bad about that 3rd goal. Now you know why I never play the puck with the goalie, I don't care if your guys are camped out by the blue line. Goalie handling in this game is atrocious. Lagtastic network kinda sucked as well...gg anyways, thank you.

Yea, this happens a lot, but it's risk vs. reward IMHO. The risk is the easy wrist shot in the back of the net, the reward is a well-timed pass to the blue line for a breakaway past the defenders. Just gotta read the manual on how to protect the puck with the goalie, and choose to either full control the goalie yourself or deal with the semi-auto/auto control of the CPU.

shoplifter

At that point I didn't care anymore, so I wasn't really concerned with it :p

I really can't believe though, that they've left the goalie passing as shitty as it is for this long. I mean, EVERYONE complains about it.

shoplifter

Hey, sorry, the wife asked me to run out and grab some stuff for her since she's sick. :/

I'll try to get back on real quick now.

shoplifter

all i have to say: fuck you goalie passing that goes in the opposite direction of which i pressed.

first goal was complete crap :D , so i don't feel too bad since the real score was 3-2 (or at worst 4-2 depending on whether or not one considers pucks that bounce 8 feet in the air and off the keeper's back a 'real' goal or not)

gg

shoplifter said:
all i have to say: fuck you goalie passing that goes in the opposite direction of which i pressed.

first goal was complete crap :D , so i don't feel too bad since the real score was 3-2 (or at worst 4-2 depending on whether or not one considers pucks that bounce 8 feet in the air and off the keeper's back a 'real' goal or not)

gg

Pfft...each and every one of those goals was skill sucka! :D

It's the Caps intimidation factor, you can't stop it. BTW, that was the very first penalty shot I've ever seen in a Sega NHL game. Oh, and it was a sweet goal too. ;P

Top Bottom