• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Series of Poker 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
You've placed 6th out of 13 and 7th out of 9 before. But yes, you've finished 4th quite a bit.

And yeah, I had the heads-up and 8-game switched. I placed 2nd at the 8-game and got squat. :/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mister Zimbu said:
That AA v 66 hand (that I probably could've gotten away from) will tilt me for weeks to come.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

VALIS666 (BB) (t3910)
san goku (UTG) (t2035)
MisterZimbu (MP1) (t2625)
tmdorsey (MP2) (t900)
XiaNaphryz (CO) (t4500)
Wally_Wall24 (Button) (t4990)
beukes23 (SB) (t2040)

XiaNaphryz's M: 60.00

Preflop: XiaNaphryz is CO with K
spade.gif
, 4
heart.gif

1 fold, MisterZimbu bets t125, 3 folds, beukes23 calls t100, 1 fold

Flop: (t300) 6
heart.gif
, 3
club.gif
, K
diamond.gif
(2 players)
beukes23 checks, MisterZimbu bets t200, beukes23 calls t200

Turn: (t700) Q
diamond.gif
(2 players)
beukes23 checks, MisterZimbu bets t400, beukes23 calls t400

River: (t1500) 3
spade.gif
(2 players)
beukes23 bets t800, MisterZimbu raises to t1600, beukes23 calls t515 (All-In)

Total pot: t4130

Results:
beukes23 had 6
club.gif
, 6
diamond.gif
(full house, sixes over threes).
MisterZimbu had A
spade.gif
, A
club.gif
(two pair, Aces and threes).
Outcome: beukes23 won t4130

I don't see how you couldn't have gotten away from that, he was slow-playing the flopped set all the way. Sure he bet out when the board paired on the river, but it would be tough just making a crying call at the end.

Maybe we can move this conversation to the general thread for more strategy discussion?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I can't see how you could put him on the FH. The three was out of the question, for a small blind call, so it's fair to expect someone you have no reads on to have a K, or KQ at most.

Once the river comes 3, what were you supposed to do? Just calling his bet would've been extremely weak, with him only having 500 behind and a read of King. He literally had to flop magic to win, and he did.

EDIT: Yeah we should be moving over there now. This is my last post n this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom