• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Series of Poker 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XiaNaphryz said:
So I finally got around to installing Pokertracker on my laptop, and it doesn't look like the Home Game tourneys are getting imported? Or am I just missing something? The logs seem to get processed correctly. I don't see any of you fools listed in my player database.

I don't think home games is supported by PokerTracker. I don't recall ever getting a HUD on mine.

This is probably for the better so you don't see my 4 / 1 / 0 statistics.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Looks like the latest beta version of PT3 has home game support. Dunno if I'll bother upgrading just for that though.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Inflammable Slinky said:
You guys want to start a Beginner Poker thread? We could include how to get started and post hand histories and newbie advice. I got started from Something Awful's beginner thread, and I'd like to see a bigger community form on GAF.

Granted, I'm a newbie myself, so I'd prefer people who know cash games/tournies/PLO/how not to rage tilt 10 BI (lol) to help out!

Do it. I'll offer all my knowledge and would love to bounce hands off people here. Gonna try and play Sat. Things always come up it seems. This Sat I had and opportunity to go play some 2/3 at the Atlantis in Reno. That will win every time. My name is Wally_Wall24 on PS.

XiaNaphryz

I think our tourneys average around 6-7 players or so thus far? We've never had more than 2 tables worth of people. The more the merrier!

Cooter

Tourny's are fun but I prefer live games. We should coordinate a .01/.02 GAF cash game too.

Heel

XiaNaphryz said:
I think our tourneys average around 6-7 players or so thus far? We've never had more than 2 tables worth of people. The more the merrier!

Sounds good to me...I think 6-max NL might be my best game.

I'll be setting up the PLO game soon. Might start it with slightly deeper stacks than normal.

For the "main event" the week after I'll probably increase the buyin to a crippling $5+$0.50, increase the stacks, and slow down the blinds.

Maybe 10+1 or somewhere in between... don't want to get too high and drive people off though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is anyone willing to do money transfers in exchange for a paypal transfer? I am talking pretty small here, like $20-30.

Good catch. I just cancelled the old one and made a new one.

If you were registered for the old one you'll need to re-register for this one.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I am going to try to make it but I am working today, so I might be too busy at start time to really sit down and play.

VALIS

Personally I think if we want more people in these games we should stick to NLHE. Omaha, Razz, etc. are fun, but Texas Hold 'Em is the game everyone knows and everyone plays. But on the other hand if significantly larger crowds don't show up for NLHE weeks, then fuck it, I'd rather mix things up, too.

Anyway, tourney starting in a few, good luck all.

Maybe we can stick to NLHE for a while and regardless if player numbers pick up or not, switch it up later? I don't know how long though.

Anyway, I'm in. Not sure if I'll make it every week anymore; some things in my schedule have changed. I probably won't make next week.

Yaboosh said:
Playing while working is hard.

Damn you XIAAAAAAAAA.

Was distracted myself... was playing Minecraft on the other screen.

It's hard to count your outs while being constantly interrupted with "burrrr" sounds.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Finished 2nd. GG.

With PLO being my best game, I came in feeling like cashing was my only choice. I'm satisfied with how I played.

tmdorsey

Inflammable Slinky said:
In your face tm!

Bah! Nicely played. I started tilting when I loss that big pot to your two pair. Sucks to fall like that after starting so good. That's ok. I'll be back!!

Cooter

Anyone interested in setting up a GAF ring game? Maybe .05/.10 NLHE? Have it after the Sat tourney at 2:00 PST or something.

Setting up the "main event" soon... any thoughts on buyin since it's the last event for the season?

$3? $5? $10? I don't want to get too high for anyone.

In a side note, it's a big Sunday for micro/low-stakes tourneys coming up; Stars has a $1,000,000 guarantee for $10+1, and FTP has its monthly BLT ($2 buyin, $100,000 guaranteed)

XiaNaphryz

Mister Zimbu said:
It lasted five hands.

Hooray!
Those are the best. Especially when you're about to double up really early and the guy hits his one outer on the river.

To be fair, it was a hyper turbo so I wasn't expecting it to last too long, but longer than 5 hands.

XiaNaphryz said:
Those are the best. Especially when you're about to double up really early and the guy hits his one outer on the river.

I sorta did that first hand... I turned a set against the other guy's flopped top pair. Though it was AIPF so that doesn't really count.

Feels good to triple up in hand 1.

Now I just need to learn to "play poker" and not "be a tight-passive nit who only gets his money in way behind" and I'll be a very rich man.

XiaNaphryz

Mister Zimbu said:
To be fair, it was a hyper turbo so I wasn't expecting it to last too long, but longer than 5 hands.
Now I just need to learn to "play poker" and not "be a tight-passive nit who only gets his money in way behind" and I'll be a very rich man.
There is no "play poker" in hyper turbos though.

K.Jack

Help.

I've been multi tabling PLO for like 15+ hours with no break. I'm trying to luckbox my way into a milestone hand. The longer I play, the more paranoid I become of a table hitting the bonus as soon as I leave. The worst part, is that I'd decided to mostly quit, yet I'm now back in the grind and will have made SilverStar in one day.

Tried 9-tabling for an hour or so, but that shit was going to kill me on this tiny notebook screen.

I've been 4 tabling my current set for hours though, so if I do my payout will be in the thousands. But of course Pokerstars hates me. At least I have zero expectations.

If you want to sweat my session, I'll be playing for another ten hours. Look up san goku

K.Jack

My brain imploded at like 5 a.m., up 12 buy-ins across four tables of PLO.

I'm about to run to an eye appointment real quick, then I'll be back on the grind.

BowieZ

Banned
^ jesus christ quit gambling dude asap

meanwhile, i should be good to go this weekend! no work <3

but i do have a party the night before so :/

XiaNaphryz said:
There is no "play poker" in hyper turbos though.

Yeah, well aware that hyper turbos are just push/fold. Was more talking about how I tend to just get run over in cash games and regular tourneys (especially on Stars).

K.Jack said:
My brain imploded at like 5 a.m., up 12 buy-ins across four tables of PLO.

I'm about to run to an eye appointment real quick, then I'll be back on the grind.

"Can you read the fifth line of the chart for me please?"

"As Ad Kd Qs"

Main Event - March 26 201 4:00 pm EST
No Limit Texas Hold'em ($5 + $0.50)

I have the Main Event set up now. It's a bit higher buyin but not too much. Overall I would've liked to go a bit higher than $5 buyin, but I think $10 might turn some people off and we're already desparate for numbers as is.

Starting stacks are 3k instead of 1k, so there should be quite a bit of play.

This will be the last event of the season. After this I'm not sure what will happen. Would probably be a good time to close this thread and start up a general Poker megathread instead to try to get some more traffic.

XiaNaphryz

Mister Zimbu said:
Main Event - March 26 201 4:00 pm EST
No Limit Texas Hold'em ($5 + $0.50)

I have the Main Event set up now. It's a bit higher buyin but not too much. Overall I would've liked to go a bit higher than $5 buyin, but I think $10 might turn some people off and we're already desparate for numbers as is.

Starting stacks are 3k instead of 1k, so there should be quite a bit of play.

This will be the last event of the season. After this I'm not sure what will happen. Would probably be a good time to close this thread and start up a general Poker megathread instead to try to get some more traffic.
General thread is here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424447

It's a bit dead right now though.

K.Jack

I finished the series the way I started it, going out on the bubble. I hate you all.

At least I made a good showing, in the PLO tourney.

Let's populate the Poker OT, and keep it active.

XiaNaphryz

Final series standings (I needed to add in the first game manually since it's separate from some reason):

Real Money
1. MisterZimbu - 9 games, 11.9 pts, 1.32 avg, ITM 4/9 (44%), 1 win, 1 runner-up, 2 third-places
2. XiaNaphryz - 6 games, 11.78 pts, 1.96 avg, ITM 3/6 (50%), 1 win, 2 runner-ups, 1 third-place
3. WithoutAir - 5 games, 9.19 pts, 1.84 avg, ITM 3/5 (60%), 3 runner-ups
4. parrotbeak - 6 games, 7.89 pts, 1.32 avg, ITM 2/6 (33%), 2 wins
5. tmdorsey - 9 games, 7.57 pts, 0.84 avg, ITM 2/8 (25%), 1 win, 1 runner up
6. VALIS666 - 6 games, 7.45 pts, 1.24 avg, ITM 3/6 (50%), 2 wins, 1 third-place
7. san goku - 9 games, 5.59 pts, 0.62 avg, ITM 3/9 (33%), 1 runner-up, 1 third-place
8. beukes23 - 6 games, 5.43 pts, 0.91 avg, ITM 2/6 (33%), 1 runner-up, 2 third-places
9. Wally_Wall24 - 2 games, 4.38 pts, 2.19 avg, ITM 1/2 (50%), 1 win
10. Ortoda - 3 games, 4.1 pts, 1.37 avg, ITM 1/3 (33%), 1 win
11. talisaynon - 3 games, 3.94 pts, 1.31 avg, ITM 1/3 (33%), 1 win
12. koutsoniv - 3 games, 3.05 pts, 1.02 avg, ITM 1/3 (33%), 1 runner-up
13. AlexAndrson - 3 games, 2.33 pts, 0.78 avg, ITM 0/3 (0%),
14. RansomDan - 2 games, 2.27 pts, 1.14 avg, ITM 1/2 (50%), 1 runner-up, 2 third-places
15. QuantizedKi - 2 games, 2.15 pts, 1.08 avg, ITM 0/2 (0%)
16. itmemam - 2 games, 0 pts, 0 avg, ITM 1/2 (50%), 1 third-place

Play Money
1. AlexAndrson - 3 games, 7.41 pts, 2.47 avg, ITM 2/3 (66%), 1 win, 2 runner-ups
2. XiaNaphryz - 3 games, 4.69 pts, 1.56 avg, ITM 1/3 (33%), 1 win, 1 third-place
3. Duracelll - 1 game, 3 pts, 3 avg, ITM 1/1 (100%), 1 win
4. MisterZimbu - 3 games, 2.9 pts, .97 avg, ITM 1/3 (33%), 1 runner-up

XiaNaphryz

4th or worse, to be accurate. Also, the heads-up tourney only paid out 1st place for some reason, so even 2nd and 3rd would be considered out of the money in that one.

K.Jack

XiaNaphryz said:
4th or worse, to be accurate. Also, the heads-up tourney only paid out 1st place for some reason, so even 2nd and 3rd would be considered out of the money in that one.
Did I ever finish worst than 4th? I don't recall doing so. Unless it was in a play money...

Also, the heads up tourney paid 1st through 4th (ask me how I know...). The 8-game was winner take all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom