• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFfer falls for obviously fake story: Samsung Pays Apple $1 Billion in Nickels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

Interesting way to get back at someone you lost to in court

http://en.paperblog.com/samsung-pays-apple-1-billion-sending-30-trucks-full-of-5-cents-coins-294795/

This morning more than 30 trucks filled with 5-cent coins arrived at Apple’s headquarters in California. Initially, the security company that protects the facility said the trucks were in the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way.

the funny part is that the signed document does not specify a single payment method, so Samsung is entitled to send the creators of the iPhone their billion dollars in the way they deem best.

This dirty but genius geek troll play is a new headache to Apple executives as they will need to put in long hours counting all that money, to check if it is all there and to try to deposit it crossing fingers to hope a bank will accept all the coins.

Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of “geeks with style” and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.

You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that’s not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law.

A total of 20 billion coins, delivery hope to finish this week.

samsung-pays-apple-1-billion-sending-30-truck-L-yzq9FF.jpeg

lol, you thought this was a real article?

Edit-It's truly scary how many people(like more than zero) think this could actually happen.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This is a fake article from a satire site.

People need to use their brains. Where would they even get that many nickels.

Davidion

I read this this morning. While I have my shares of grievances, this is a really poor response that speaks more about Samsung than it does Apple.

Edit: hahahaha, I got busted.

Hahaha, not even the Federal Government could put together that amount in nickels in a short notice, and the easiest way would be to make the 100,000 tons of coins from scratch.

I don't think the comptrollers would let the logistical cost in 30 secure vault trucks full of coins fly. Pretty funny story though, too bad for Samsung.

Not even that funny of a joke article. Not a single penny will be paid until the appeals process if finished.

First thing I thought when I saw this headline this morning on Facebook. I knew it couldn't be real at that moment just because anyone following the case knows that there will be appeals starting in December.

Samsung isn't going to pay a dime (or a nickel for that matter) until they absolutely have to.

How did anyone think this was a real story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom