• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFfer falls for obviously fake story: Samsung Pays Apple $1 Billion in Nickels

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dat thread title.

antoine-dodson-dumb.gif

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
People actually believed Samsung rolled up to Apple HQ with 20,000,000,000 nickels? That would be over 22,000 tons of nickels, the weight of around 45 airplanes. Goddamn dudes...

Poor OP. I'm dying from second-hand embarasment for him

I believed it for a second too, but I always check my source

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
5 grams per nickel

20,000,000,000 nickels in 1 billion dollars

20,000,000,000 nickels * 5 grams/nickel = 110 231.131 tons

Normal 18 wheeler can hall 25 tons max

110,231(rounded down) tons/ 25 tons = 4410 trucks filled with nickels.

Parch

People actually believed Samsung rolled up to Apple HQ with 20,000,000,000 nickels? That would be over 22,000 tons of nickels, the weight of around 45 airplanes. Goddamn dudes...
If somebody showed up at a bank or the mint and asked for 20B nickels they would laugh and tell you to GTFO. There's probably a lot of people who try to get ridiculous numbers of one currency. Plenty of angry people who have to pay fines or court settlements who think it would be funny. Not original.

Koomaster

Aside from the story being obviously fake; isn't there some proviso in US law that allows businesses to not be required to accept large amounts of coin money as payment. So even if this DID somehow magically happen, Apple could just turn around and say 'Nope'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom