• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaffers give me some mouse and keyboard recommendations!

Papa_Wisdom

Getting back into p.c gaming after a bit of time away.

Still using my razer copperhead and Microsoft reclusa keyboard (old school cool)

Looking at maybe refreshing them to something a bit more upto date (though I still love my copperhead)
And it annoys me that my Reclusa rgb is blue and not green.

What kind of setup do you guys have/ recommend?
deFWYM0.jpg

amigastar

Logitech G502 Hero is the best mouse i've ever had, so my recommendation goes to that. Really a superb mouse.
I also have the G502 X which is a successor to the hero. It's also good but not as good as the hero layout wise so save your money.

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Surprised people are still recommending the G502. I had one for years and it's a great mouse, but it's kind of old fashioned at this point. Logitech's newer offerings like the G Pro Superlight are significantly more modern and minimal (and is just a fantastic mouse in general).

Just get a mechanical keyboard in a layout you like (60%, 75%, 100%, etc.) with Chery MX Red switches or equivalent. I'm actually using a really cheap one at the moment by Red Dragon that's...surprisingly good despite the awful name and logo. So there are some cheaper options out there.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
I switch between two keyboards, a Ducky Mecha Mini, cherry brown switches, and a Leopold FC750R. A 60% and an 80% keyboard. I'd highly recommend topre keys for the Leopold if you can find it, if I could, I would get the FC660C instead. I use a Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse, it's comfortable. Pick a keyboard to suit your needs, any mouse will do.

tmlDan

I tried switching to new keyboards but the blackwidow ultimate is my fav keyboard.

It's old, prob from 2013 but these new ones are just not it.

I guess the RAZER BLACKWIDOW V4 PRO is prob the best comparable now but im not sure how that one feels.

squarealex

I've recently buy a SteelSeries Sensei Ten. Before, I have Steelseries Kana V2... very good mouse but now discontinued.
Sensei Ten, looks like this

31Y1xO59JnL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

He is simple in appearance. So I like it and can disable old RGB stuff.

I'm search a keyboard too... I have this one :

51SjrXRdEFS._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

And yes, I can playing gaming with this.

I dunno much Mechanical Keyboard and is pretty expensive + don't like some "RGB GAMER BUY ME" vibe, I prefer something "simple" or sober.
I type much outside gaming and i'm playing sometimes OW2 / HOTS (many games too, but this one is the most I played with many many many hours)

tylrdiablos

Just a small heads-up... avoid the Logitech software. (Ghub/Gaming Software.)
I was playing a game of Battlefield 2042 against bots last night when the anti-cheat kicked me back to my desktop.
I did some searching and apparently it was down to the Logitech Gaming Software that my G15 keyboard uses. (The anti-cheat flags it because it can record macros.)
The G15 was only being used because my Aukey kept randomly disconnecting.

If you Google "logitech gaming software Easy Anti Cheat" you get all sorts of problems across a variety of games. (Rust, FIFA, Battlefield, etc)

Calverz

I had the Logitech g915 tip but upgraded to the apex pro tkl and it’s a big upgrade imo. I have a matching aerox 3 mouse but wouldn’t recommend the mouse. It’s hard to quickly double tap the scroll wheel while holding down right click.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Screw that gaming branding bs, MX master 3 by Logitech is the best mouse ever made.
I've heard good things about it. But that form factor is not for everyone (either). If I can't completely palm the whole mouse and feel the table surface I just can't deal with it. ..Which is why I for one use a G Pro instead.

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

Big fan of the Razer Huntsman V2 IF you can get used to optical switches
Just had a quick look at this,
Can you change the rgbs to a single colour (Green)? Also bit of a random one but I don’t suppose it has any usbs on the keyboard, one thing I love about my reclusa is that it has 2 usb in it that I can connect my mouse to which frees one up on my pc.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
My setup after a ton of research

Nuphy Air75

Low Profile and lightweight, with Bluetooth support as I wanted to also use it with Steam Deck.

air75_twilight_2_1800x1800.jpg

Logitech G502X Lightspeed

logitech_g_910_006187_g502_x_lightspeed_wireless_1722688.jpg

I tried going lightweight with two side buttons on a Glorious O2 but I need my programmable buttons. Logitech is still the king in that regard.

Buggy Loop

Microsoft reclusa keyboard

Episode 4 Movie GIF by Star Wars

For work I needed an easy switch between laptop & gaming PC, I dreaded the idea of a KVM switch as they never really support all you need especially when you get into GSync and displayports for 120Hz support, etc etc. I also used to have a couple of mechanical keyboards but I was starting to find it annoying especially to game at night with the CLICK CLACK sounds while children are sleeping.

Picked an MX keys

71skZeAyPuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Low profile keys, feels good, aluminum body. Etc. Will last me for a while.

For mouse I also picked something that has long battery life, can switch between devices (wifi dongle for gaming, bluetooth for work laptop), Razer Orochi V2. Has excellent latency. Its main feature is that it has like 4 times the battery life of the competing products at least back when I bought it, market changes so much that I wouldn't know now.

61qB9j5JOvS._AC_SL1500_-1200x1200.jpg

skit_data

I've had my Logitech MX510 since 2003 or something so if you want the mouse equivalent of a Nokia 3310 that's a good choice.

Edit: Just look at this:
Bop93ju.jpg

It's almost 20 years old and still works like a charm. My icemat is also in pretty much prime condition, I bought it a few years later but it too is almost 20 years old

Last edited:

amigastar

My setup after a ton of research

Nuphy Air75

Low Profile and lightweight, with Bluetooth support as I wanted to also use it with Steam Deck.

air75_twilight_2_1800x1800.jpg

Logitech G502X Lightspeed

logitech_g_910_006187_g502_x_lightspeed_wireless_1722688.jpg

I tried going lightweight with two side buttons on a Glorious O2 but I need my programmable buttons. Logitech is still the king in that regard.
I love my G502X but the G7 button is too long and the G8 button is a little bit too short. Something the G502 Hero did better.

Last edited:

Codeblew

If you want a smaller mechanical keyboard with pretty rgb lights, I can recommend: RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK84 Wireless RGB

nemiroff

Gold Member
Episode 4 Movie GIF by Star Wars

For work I needed an easy switch between laptop & gaming PC, I dreaded the idea of a KVM switch as they never really support all you need especially when you get into GSync and displayports for 120Hz support, etc etc. I also used to have a couple of mechanical keyboards but I was starting to find it annoying especially to game at night with the CLICK CLACK sounds while children are sleeping.

Picked an MX keys

71skZeAyPuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Low profile keys, feels good, aluminum body. Etc. Will last me for a while.

For mouse I also picked something that has long battery life, can switch between devices (wifi dongle for gaming, bluetooth for work laptop), Razer Orochi V2. Has excellent latency. Its main feature is that it has like 4 times the battery life of the competing products at least back when I bought it, market changes so much that I wouldn't know now.

61qB9j5JOvS._AC_SL1500_-1200x1200.jpg
Thats the one (MX Keys) I use in the office, it's great :)

(G815 at home)

Gp1

keyboard: anything that you fell comfortable with, i still use a Logitech mk270
mouse: Logitech g502

I'm a long time Logitech fanboy. At least where i live, their RMA/Warranty is unmatched

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Just had a quick look at this,
Can you change the rgbs to a single colour (Green)? Also bit of a random one but I don’t suppose it has any usbs on the keyboard, one thing I love about my reclusa is that it has 2 usb in it that I can connect my mouse to which frees one up on my pc.
You can totally customize the RGB through their software Razer Synapse but it sadly does not have any USBs on it though Razer now has a V3 that may

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Btw for a very decent mechanical keyboard on the cheap my older PC I bought a Redragon K552 on Amazon for like $40 and that thing is still perfect and have been using it off and on for 5 years or so

The RGB is customizable as well but again no USB from what I remember off the top of my head

nikos

Bit of an older setup but I've been happy with my Logitech G915 + Viper Ultimate that I will probably upgrade to a V2 Pro soon.

Needlecrash

I have the Gaming Gear XM2WE mouse. It's pretty good. I stay away from Logitech, Razer and Glorious products now.

Last edited:
Just use whatever you think looks good and feels good to use.

Pretty much all gaming mice have decent sensors these days, even the super cheap ones.

For keyboards, feel free to jump on the mechanical keyboard hype train, but just keep in mind that other than the feel (which is very subjective) there really aren't that many advantages. The 523 key rollover and super light-speed switches with 0.0001 mm travel distance and god knows what else they're putting on the box these days are all marketing gimmicks.

Gudji

Bruh I had that mouse like almost 20 years ago or something. Impressive that it's still working.

Speaking of replacing peripherals my keyboard starting acting fucking weird yesterday. Gotta buy a new one but I don't want to spend a ton of money.

currently using Filco Majestouch 2 brown switches + g304 KDA edition

No frills keyboard but built like a brick. I don't care for the LED shenanigans.
I wanted to try a wireless mouse after my corsair died. I got g304 for free technically (paid with expiring airline loyalty reward points). Can't imagine ever going back to a wired mouse. Strong battery life (I only have to change it every few months). The g304/305 is comfortable and responsive, although people with large hands might find it a bit small.

Jedge

I'd recommend the brand: "Ducky" for keyboards. Im using the ducky TKL one 2 Mx brown and I absolutely love it. I've spilled half a water bottle on it before and it's still working fine. The keycaps are super durable and I haven't noticed any wear after many years.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I've recently buy a SteelSeries Sensei Ten. Before, I have Steelseries Kana V2... very good mouse but now discontinued.
Sensei Ten, looks like this

31Y1xO59JnL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

He is simple in appearance. So I like it and can disable old RGB stuff.

I'm search a keyboard too... I have this one :

51SjrXRdEFS._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

And yes, I can playing gaming with this.

I dunno much Mechanical Keyboard and is pretty expensive + don't like some "RGB GAMER BUY ME" vibe, I prefer something "simple" or sober.
I type much outside gaming and i'm playing sometimes OW2 / HOTS (many games too, but this one is the most I played with many many many hours)

Sensei ten is ideal if you have smaller hands. Love this mouse. I’ve had it for 3 years through thousands of hours of dota, league, valorant, and counterstrike. Just a banger mouse.

My keyboard is a limited edition Logitech with league of legends theme. Really great. Has auto light features for games like CS built into it. Lights tick with bomb plant etc.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
61aezyfO5cL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Logitech G915 Keyboard

pro-wireless-carbon-gallery-1.png

Logitech G Pro Mouse

Same here basically.

- G915 keyboard w Num Pad and linear keys (to keep it a bit quieter)
- G Pro Mouse for gaming
- MX Anywhere 3 mouse for general browsing/PC use for GOAT battery life and feel

Papa_Wisdom

I've had my Logitech MX510 since 2003 or something so if you want the mouse equivalent of a Nokia 3310 that's a good choice.

Edit: Just look at this:
Bop93ju.jpg

It's almost 20 years old and still works like a charm. My icemat is also in pretty much prime condition, I bought it a few years later but it too is almost 20 years old
Same as my copperhead, I bought it around the to me burning crusade came out, me and this mouse have been through many a raid together, as well as countless hours on unreal tournament, quake 3 and cs.

I don’t want to get rid of it tbh but just seeing what’s available these days.

Many thanks for all the suggestions guys it’s going to keep me busy comparing everything, by all means keep them coming though the Razer Huntsman V2 is winning atm keyboard wise!

RSLAEV

It may not be as accurate as most mice but this vertical wireless mouse has saved my wrist. I use it at home and at work.
"MOJO Perfect Grip Dual Mode Silent Vertical Ergonomic Mouse"

Nla3Xz3.jpg

Buggy Loop

It may not be as accurate as most mice but this vertical wireless mouse has saved my wrist. I use it at home and at work.
"MOJO Perfect Grip Dual Mode Silent Vertical Ergonomic Mouse"

Nla3Xz3.jpg

I didn't have this model but a similar vertical mouse at work for years and it probably saved my wrist considering the time I spent on it making drawings.

Top Bottom