• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Kyanrute

So you post this, follow the logic chain except that you take exception to the nin kill (which with the NKs in this game I think it's a folly to try to get into the headset of why someone was killed), but think my theory is odd?

Which is it? If we should be doubting Bronx what's the Theory that explains it that isn't odd in your mind?

You misunderstand me. I criticized the people who were declaring Bronx the savior of all life that has ever existed before we had even heard from everyone. That comment is separate from the theory.

I agree that it is a folly to play the mind reader. Still, should the theory prove out to be true, I'd find nin a odd choice for the poisoning. Nin's play before the assumed poisoning had not made him much of a presence. But the theory is not impossible. I can support a odd theory, but to get to that point we need the missing poison or something of that caliber. And no, I have no alternative theory to offer.

Faddy, were you poisoned?

*Splinter

No I hadn't, because as I said, I wasn't interested to lynch either of them. I had other targets in mind. I really had no idea who to vote for, so I really had to think about who would be a better lynch, Vere or TWE, and my conclusion was Vere after some back-and-forth in my mind.
This answers half my question.

Why did you think Worthy was scum?

acohrs

acohrs
- what's your latest read on CCS?

Null, CCS is playing the CCS way, this could mean that he is town, scum, or neutral. But he's done nothing to set off any alarms. I would have said that this means town but after quarantine, where he was neutral but played the same way, so I'm not sure now.

Yes. 100% yes.

Have your vote on your scummiest dude for most of the day, but come the days end you should feel more strongly one way or the other for one of the targets. If you feel both are town vote to save the one you read more as town. But you shouldn't feel the same about them as town, but will be at least mostly unknowns to you.

You know who you can be sure will be getting in on a town v scum vote, scum. Keeping your vote off the viable targets let's their votes carry greater weight. That is actually perfect for scum. Well that and keeping your vote on who you "really see as scum" who is never getting ousted in a tvt situation so you don't catch flak for a townie.

And people keep being loose in their usage of terms like lynch, bus, etc and it's getting to the point of obfuscation of meaning. Can we please be specific with the terms we are using.

I disagree, also sorry think I mean bandwagon? My knowledge of Mafia terms is quite limited.

CCS, my old mucker, who do you feel deserves a spanking? Think I'd be happy sticking on *Splinter but would also be happy for a Gorlak lynch.

Kawl_USC

Why would I vote for someone who I think is town? Just to please you? I'm voting for who I think is scum.

I wasn't around for both day 1 and day 3 deadlines. I also won't be around for any deadline during a work day. I make my vote well in advance and give plenty of reasons why.

If you want to kill townies to pick a side be my guess. There's nothing to gain there as you are voting with a weak justification. Look how people are defending those weak votes? "I scum readed him a little more". That's shit. What can you get from that? I will keep trying to hunt scum.

Ok, not being around for deadline is a fair point, but your final vote for the day should always be on someone who is at least reasonably possible to be lynched.

And those 'weak' justifications at the very least require consistency which is easy for real feelings, but much harder when you are trying to recall the imaginary scum order you have when you are scum in a game. One weak justification which doesn't add up with the state of the game someone posts earlier in the day maybe can be disregarded, multiple though and you start looking mighty suspicious. Versus votes posted outside the target which you just keep posted on whoever you've decided to posture as your top scum and fake tunnel. Easy peasy play for scum.

CCS

Banned
I'm mostly talking about acohrs faulty list, where he scum read two people by one reason and not a third who did the same voting.

True, but overall it's not such a terrible list that it raises huge alarm bells.

My current scum thinking is Faddy (as explained earlier), WAMD (not news to anyone) and Stan (was on him a couple of days ago, seems to be trying to add as little as possible).

Swamped

Banned
This answers half my question.

Why did you think Worthy was scum?

I have already answered this question!!!! I didn't think either was scum!! I had no idea who to vote for! Out of the top three (acohrs, TWE and Vere) I read acohrs most as town. Therefore I had to choose between the other two. I really had to think about who would be the better lynch, and after voting for TWE I realized that Vere would be better. Maybe TWE was inactive scum, but I was not entirely convinced - but I had to vote for someone! This entire game he has read like a townie who is too busy for this game. So I changed my vote to Vere.

Kyanrute

Kyan, where's the shitpost. Why are you all serious? What do you make of a universe in which town Vere decided to ignore you? Where are you at now?

Shitposts are there, while I'd agree that I've been more of a troll in the past, it's not like I've not been shitposting once in a while. Have even been criticized for the few that I've done, what I don't like. I disagree with the notion that I am being all serious.

says the guy writing a serious post heheh

I have no concrete idea why Vere decided to ignore me while he was town. Perhaps thanks to our fantastic argument on day two he felt that discussing with yours truly was pointless. I'd disagree with that idea nor do I have any evidence to suggest that that was the case, but I can see the possibility.

Right now I want to look at the votes and think things through.

*Splinter

I have already answered this question!!!! I didn't think either was scum!! I had no idea who to vote for! Out of the top three (acohrs, TWE and Vere) I read acohrs most as town. Therefore I had to choose between the other two. I really had to think about who would be the better lynch, and after voting for TWE I realized that Vere would be better. Maybe TWE was inactive scum, but I was not entirely convinced - but I had to vote for someone! This entire game he has read like a townie who is too busy for this game. So I changed my vote to Vere.
Don't hide behind semantics. You said you were considering between Verelios and Worthy, you gave your reasons for Verelios but not for Worthy, that's all I was trying to ascertain.

franconp

Franconp what's your current read on Swamped?

I townreaded her for a while but now I don't know. The gut is a lot weaker now. She is not at the top of my scum list but I accept now that she can be scum.

I want to lynch Acohrs today. I think the flip could give us some info. Mostly about Faddy and Swamped.

Gorlak

Banned
Blargonaut:

D1 was his prime-time. He posted a lot and discussed with many people. Generally speaking he shitposted a lot and Bronx was the one to engage him in this the most. Blarg voted and unvoted him often over the course of the game. Can we take something from this? Makes me feel better about Bronx. I don't think Bronx would dare to pull something like this as scum.

Sorian is the one he "jokingly" talked with the most. They share a long history back from Cthulhu. His connection to Blarg goes further, Sorian basically announces to be the superior Blarg expert.

A shitpost that catched my attention: 309 - it's between Kawl and Blarg, a reference to Love Boat one could guess, maybe there's more to it. I've forgotten where but I've read another LB reference in this game.

In 379 he says:
You're on my team now, CCS
We are a team
- is Blarg known to openly state his team members? This would be a direct connection that is probably too good to be true. Scum rather tend to do this with innocent town.

One of the more interesting events is Dragonz asking if Blarg is scum. He responds with a simple "no" (#429). And some time later he returns the favour, to which she responds with this gif:
yep you got me

BFZ3MFR.gif

In turn he votes her in 573.

Why do I single out this conversation? That is exactly how scum Dragonz plays. I've seen her in enough games to know that she enjoys the shitposting with teammates (just remember Kyan and her doing the "oh yeah we're scum together again - high five" in bar mafia). This is the kind of thing she does. A scum tell of hers. Red flag.

In response to nin he gave a summary. He mentions everyone in the game, I can't read anything into it. Swamped was the only one to comment on it? (482) But nothing else happens in regards to this.

Later in 971, another long post, he states to "work in tandem with Bronx to shitpost this arena up". I've already said what I think about this.

The stance he takes regarding Faddy and Franconp:
I find that Faddy brings to mind a certain brash quality, one that exudes a warrior will in its spiritual innocence and the lust for glory mutual to the advancement of his fellows; yet, the same temperament houses a more sinister instinct, that of the desire to impose on the others his preferred method of operation, with a harsh disregard for their own individuality.

Franconp summons to my thought a resolute statue upon a pillar high; brooding, furtive in its lofty worldview and concerned at the state of it, wishing for it better despite his own petrified predicament. From that very perch, he would swoop down and make a life of it if he could, but alas, not only does he know in his heart that he would plummet like the stone he is, he would assuredly crumble, upon striking the cobblestones.
I've problems to understand what he is saying here. Faddy has a unique playstyle and imposes this on others? What does this even mean? The part about Fran is certainly an empty describtion? At least I don't get the analogy with this game.

Splinter is on my sight so this
((Ok, I'm not playing in a game where these posts are considered acceptable.))
is at least notable. Blarg changes his opinion, apologizes, asks Splinter and Splinter doesn't seem to react at all.

---
As said earlier Blarg talks and questions many: the ones already mentioned and more (Kyan, Burb, Crab,...) I find it difficult to detect the fitting importance of Blarg's comments, snark remarks or quotes. I take away three main things from my D1 reread:

I take a good vibe from Bronx and a very bad one from Dragonz. The connection to Sorian continues into the next days and I'll get back to this.

Any opionion on these observations?

You'll have to be a bit more precise. What are you entertaining here? Who are the scum mates and why? Why does you theory not warrant a question for anyone of the mentioned people (in the quoted paragraph)? Feels like your throwing dirt and see what sticks.

I'm talking about Sorian. Mentioned your actions because I thought they were suspicious and warranted me pointing them out.

What's the problem?

Blargonaut:

D1 was his prime-time. He posted a lot and discussed with many people. Generally speaking he shitposted a lot and Bronx was the one to engage him in this the most. Blarg voted and unvoted him often over the course of the game. Can we take something from this? Makes me feel better about Bronx. I don't think Bronx would dare to pull something like this as scum.

Sorian is the one he "jokingly" talked with the most. They share a long history back from Cthulhu. His connection to Blarg goes further, Sorian basically announces to be the superior Blarg expert.

A shitpost that catched my attention: 309 - it's between Kawl and Blarg, a reference to Love Boat one could guess, maybe there's more to it. I've forgotten where but I've read another LB reference in this game.

In 379 he says: - is Blarg known to openly state his team members? This would be a direct connection that is probably too good to be true. Scum rather tend to do this with innocent town.

One of the more interesting events is Dragonz asking if Blarg is scum. He responds with a simple "no" (#429). And some time later he returns the favour, to which she responds with this gif:

In turn he votes her in 573.

Why do I single out this conversation? That is exactly how scum Dragonz plays. I've seen her in enough games to know that she enjoys the shitposting with teammates (just remember Kyan and her doing the "oh yeah we're scum together again - high five" in bar mafia). This is the kind of thing she does. A scum tell of hers. Red flag.

In response to nin he gave a summary. He mentions everyone in the game, I can't read anything into it. Swamped was the only one to comment on it? (482) But nothing else happens in regards to this.

Later in 971, another long post, he states to "work in tandem with Bronx to shitpost this arena up". I've already said what I think about this.

The stance he takes regarding Faddy and Franconp:

I've problems to understand what he is saying here. Faddy has a unique playstyle and imposes this on others? What does this even mean? The part about Fran is certainly an empty describtion? At least I don't get the analogy with this game.

Splinter is on my sight so this

is at least notable. Blarg changes his opinion, apologizes, asks Splinter and Splinter doesn't seem to react at all.

---
As said earlier Blarg talks and questions many: the ones already mentioned and more (Kyan, Burb, Crab,...) I find it difficult to detect the fitting importance of Blarg's comments, snark remarks or quotes. I take away three main things from my D1 reread:

I take a good vibe from Bronx and a very bad one from Dragonz. The connection to Sorian continues into the next days and I'll get back to this.

Any opionion on these observations?

How is having a sense of humor a scumtell? I mean yeah you got me with the Kyan bit, I did do that, but come on, pal. If you're going to scum read me, then provide some actual sustainable evidence as to why I'm bad. Don't just throw bullshit and, in your words, "hope that the dirt sticks".

Honestly, I've slowly come to the conclusion that targeting someone over past plays is bad. It's bad for the game. It doesnt really work. Which is why I wanted to hear CCS's thoughts on it and why I started doing it with Splinter but then stopped. It's probably why Kyan is still alive, if he is town. Otherwise he would have been policy lynched on day one. I've made an effort not to do it this game. People play differently, not based on their role, but on the game itself and the everchanging fickleness of other players. You can't really accurately compare between different games you've seen someone in. That's what creates bias. Which, I think, has happened to you.

If you want to say I have a pattern of shiposting when I'm scum, go ahead. But unless you've got some hard proof, what you're pointing out is absolutely no indication of my alignment or my role. I did not know that Blarg was scum, and when I posted that, I was joking around with someone who I have yet to play with, but know of. I know his reputation and I decided to have fun with it. Sue me.

Gorlak

Banned
During D2 Blarg tuned his activity down. He gives us this welcoming post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231585468&postcount=1618

He announces that he received a message.

Not much later he gives a scum list:
acohrs, WhereAreMahDragonz, Kawl_USC, Crab, *Splinter or Faddy. The socialite, the guerrilla, the know-it-all, the muscle and the sidewinder.

Next?

This is early D2. 6 people out of 21(?), crab flipped, bound to have one scum on it? Dragonz is on it. The others I have a bad feeling about as well, so I should rethink, in no world Blarg put down his whole team there.

Going through the day, Splinter responds to Blarg with a joke?
I'm you, Blarg.

We all are.

Note that Blarg asked several people who they are or what role they have (Kyan e.g.) ~ I'm not sure if he would ask only townies, but I'm slightly leaning this way.

Than we have another part between Blarg and Dragonz (start 1782)
I don't trust you
That's it. I don't think this conversation points at anything.

Sorian votes Blarg and states "this is not town Blarg", again referring to his expertise on Blarg (1928).

Blarg asks swamped to claim and as she pointed out, he says later she shouldn't have. He makes his case against Crab (2056) and pokes him.

That's D2, plenty of Bronx focus at the start. The scum list is interesting and worth to keep in mind. Sorian starts voicing his suspicion. The other connections aren't telling me much here.

Regards FEP's vote, I just generally feel good about strong gut reads. Yeah they could be wrong but more often than not it's a townie making them. Scum can also pretend to have gut reads (I've done this many times before) but usually it feels more artificial when they do, and in the end they will always feel a need to justify it. That's why I asked CCS for his updated read on acohrs because he strongly gut-read acohrs as town.

Kyan and Vere had that really heated discussion at the end of D2 (i think?) where they basically called each other names. It was extremely odd. Now that Vere has flipped town, I feel more strongly that that interaction was town vs town.

Dragonz, honestly it's less certain than my town Kyan read. Even though I scum-read her in D1 and D2, but since then she seems to be more engaged. She has opinions on CCS and achors. She also scum-reads Splinter which is an interesting stance. Dragonz, has that read changed? Would you vote for him? There hasn't been much focus on Splinter in this game so far. So, yeah, less sure about Dragonz but I want to hope for the best.

I'll go into more Stan detail in my next post. He seems quite coaster-like, but there are some other posts from him that I want to directly quote.

Can you explain this question better? Are you saying that you believed others thought you were scum?

I didn't say "better interactions". I said more interactions, which is true. He was a lot more active in this game, and he addressed a lot of players directly. So I thought between TWE and Vere, his flip would be more illuminating.

Arguments that he was being extremely defensive at even the most casual suspicion (although now we know he had a really good reason for it). Someone (I think Kyan?) made arguments earlier on in the game saying that Vere scum-read some people, but never really chased them. Posts like 2410 and 2431 definitely helped too. So to me Vere seemed like a more interested lynch prospect compared to TWE.

Also here's a post from me before the day end votes started.

Good to know about acohrs!

---

I was strongly reading Faddy as town on D1 and D2, but he seems to be a lot quieter since then. I'm going to go through his D3 posts.

Do I still scum read Splinter? I'm leaning yes. I wanna see more from him though, like he hasn't done much of anything aside from a few mislynches and His lack of engagement is worrying.

*Splinter

Do I still scum read Splinter? I'm leaning yes. I wanna see more from him though, like he hasn't done much of anything aside from a few mislynches and His lack of engagement is worrying.
?

This was a fair comment last time you made it, but I don't see how it applies to this day phase or the end of the previous.

Swamped

Banned
?

This was a fair comment last time you made it, but I don't see how it applies to this day phase or the end of the previous.

I also thought that particular explanation was weird. You've been pushing against me a fair bit today. And Dragonz must have read this, as she's been posting actively so far.

Gorlak

Banned
Blarg made like 5 posts D3 before he was modkilled.

He asks swamped and Splinter about chocolate pudding. Sorian said he has to be scum and swamped made a longer case with 2441, 2491, before voting him: 2505
Time is short, what do we have about Blarg on D3?

He's being scumread by Lone_Prodigy, Sorian, Swamped and acohrs. Maybe scumread by Splinter and Kyan (2480/1)

Townread by FEP.

Swamped had her vote on Blarg after making her case. Sorian was probably the one mentioning his desire to lynch Blarg the most often.

Not much. Blarg got a few scumreads on him and is modkilled. Inevitable thoughts about early bussing attempts are postponed. I townread swamped and don't believe Sorian is scum right now.

?

I don't think it applies to the previous day end all that much, but I can see where I am wrong regarding today. I can't really think of any posts or analyses of yours that stand out. While I do agree with your thoughts on Swamped, that's about it. I have nothing else to gauge you on, really, and that worries me.

It could just be my own perception, but I dunno.

Gorlak

Banned
I'll be back later and respond to the questions, especially Splinter's post. One last comment: Kawl's vote feels like coming out of nowhere and his justification is weak.

For now I need a break.

franconp

Could I get some reads on Burb. I find his lack of involvement worrying. He isn't playing as I remember town burb. I want to know if it's just me or someone else feels the same.

*Splinter

I'll be back later and respond to the questions, especially Splinter's post. One last comment: Kawl's vote feels like coming out of nowhere and his justification is weak.

For now I need a break.
Have to agree with this, although I obviously have my own concerns about Gorlak

acohrs

Could I get some reads on Burb. I find his lack of involvement worrying. He isn't playing as I remember town burb. I want to know if it's just me or someone else feels the same.

No, you're right. Burb's playstyle now is similar to how he played in Popmafia when we were scummates. It doesn't prove that he is scum, but it makes me suspicious. However, despite voting for him D2, he hasn't done anything to raise my suspicions recently despite that.

*Splinter

I think I had him at a lean-town, but I can't remember much of him now and he's been AWOL this phase.

Kawl_USC

Early in the day is the time to put forth a vote if it's going to be on someone who hasn't really been discussed as a viable lynch before to see if it will pick up traction. I stated the handful of reasons gorlak is concerning to me and wanted to see if others agreed. If not enough other people feel the same as we approach the end of the phase, I'll move on back to acohrs who I still think is scummy in light of his inconsistent logic in the reads list and his response to getting push back from that.

franconp

No, you're right. Burb's playstyle now is similar to how he played in Popmafia when we were scummates. It doesn't prove that he is scum, but it makes me suspicious. However, despite voting for him D2, he hasn't done anything to raise my suspicions recently despite that.

Well, he hasn't done anything at all so far. I expected a lot more from town burb.

Kawl_USC

Also notable, there doesn't appear to be any readily apparent posting restriction for anyone. Although the restriction may prohibit explicitly stating you have been targeted.

Some type of JOAT third party?

I think my problem with you is that you just agree to what everyone else says. Do you have your own opinions or what

It just feels a bit lazy to me to scumread both CCS and acohrs. Does someone honestly think they would be on the same scum team the way they have been interacting here? I don't think so, especially with how strongly CCS has been reading acorn as town - scum would be more reticent about posts like that. In general he also feels like he's been under the radar, and his votes for CCS and acorn feel like he's trying to blend in as seamlessly as possible.

acohrs
- what's your latest read on CCS?

---

The day phases are much shorter now. Will have to hurry on my reads on Kawl and Faddy. I will read Dragonz more as well. I cooled off on her since Crab flipped town, but I want to still go through her posts.

BTW did anyone else receive a banana? No need to say if you don't want to.

I was rereading and i must have missed this. Are you saying you received a banana?

Top Bottom