• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Swift doing with VS models, I thought she was more "wholesome" than that.

QucNBtG.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Community section is not done yet, I need to add the minus profiles

Also I would like to add a twitter section for when yall get banned and people
would like to interact with you outside of Gaf. Let me know if you want your
twitter added

Community section is not done yet, I need to add the minus profiles

Also I would like to add a twitter section for when yall get banned and people
would like to interact with you outside of Gaf. Let me know if you want your
twitter added

My twitter is available by clicking on my username.

as long as she keeps it wholesome in her music and videos her stans remain blind to the revolving door that is her bussy.
A dark part of me is envious of her clit, what with the cavalcade of cock continuously circumnavigating it, but then I breathe a sigh of relief when I realize I'll never have to claim ownership of the song We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. You do you, cyst, but some of us have morals.

A stan can withstand these things
Our hearts can beat with ice and stings
Our GAFPOP could mean anything

We could, we could belong together (GAFPOP)
GAFPOP, GAFPOP

JBxCNCs.jpg

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
What was all the talk about mario kart tho
Flawless banner, stan TLOU

YESS AT THE KE$HA LYRICS IN THE THREAD TITLE.
YESS AT THE LAST OF US IN THE BANNER.
YESS AT THE PS4/VITA GAME CASES FOR ALBUMS.

Marius you are amazing. You created such a flawless OT. Will you marry me?

What's with the don't forget Marius stuff, though? How could we ever forget him?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Oh at the missing apostrophe in the new thread title. I see someone went to the school of life.

at the end of the last OT we had this shock revelation regarding Unapologenocide:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91329793&postcount=19691

and when we were reeling with kiiiis from the revelation, marius provided us with a survivor's tale:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=91330441&postcount=19709

for some reason 'don't forget marius' is hilarious
Thanks for that sis. I didn't read the last pages of OT7.5, so I didn't know. I remember the Unapologenicide. That was a dark time. Never shall something like that happen again.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Thanks for that sis. I didn't read the last pages of OT7.5, so I didn't know. I remember the Unapologenicide. That was a dark time. Never shall something like that happen again.

Oh you should. There are some shocking revelations

Matt_

If ANY of you went through a Lost Prophets phase you best be burning those cds and deleting those mp3s. The stories coming out of that band are fucking HEINOUS, utterly unforgivable.
My mum and sister used to stan, I best rectify their tastes.
iGXnEOjufLayV.gif

GAFPOP, love it.

That's why my eyes couldn't find it when I was scrolling through the threads earlier. Bitch, lol

Also, projects coming soon

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If ANY of you went through a Lost Prophets phase you best be burning those cds and deleting those mp3s. The stories coming out of that band are fucking HEINOUS, utterly unforgivable.
My mum and sister used to stan, I best rectify their tastes.
iGXnEOjufLayV.gif

If I liked bad music I would be in the process of burning my CDs

Luckily for me my taste is impeccable

iijWr9tYdbTl5.gif

Kyon

Banned
Writing Credits

Alien - Britney Spears, William Orbit, Dan Traynor, Ana Diaz, Anthony Preston

Work Bitch - Britney Spears, will.i.am, Sebastian Ingrosso, Otto Knows, Anthony Preston, Ruth-Anne Cunningham

Perfume - Britney Spears, Sia Furler Chris Braide

It Should Be Easy - Britney Spears, will.i.am, David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort, Nicky Romero, Marcus van Wattum

Tik Tik Boom - Britney Spears, Anthony Preston, Damien LeRoy, Onique "Sparrow" Williams, Clifford Joseph Harris Jr., Andre Lindal, Joakim Haukass

Body Ache - Britney Spears, David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort, Luciana Caporaso, Nick Clow, Myah Marie Langston, Anthony Preston, Richard Gonzalez, Jose Luna

Til It's Gone - Britney Spears, Jenson Vaughan, Rosette Sharma

Passenger - Britney Spears, Thomas Pentz, Sia Furler, Andrew Swanson, Katy Perry YAAASSS Katy you better help write one of the best tracks YAAASSS

Chillin' With You - Britney Spears, will.i.am, Anthony Preston, Joshua Lopez

Don't Cry - Britney Spears, will.i.am, Joshua Lopez, Richard Gonzalez

Brightest Morning Star - Britney Spears, Dr. Luke, Sia Furler, Henry Walter

Hold On Tight - Britney Spears, Allan P. Grigg

Now That I Found You - Britney Spears, Danny O'Donoghue, Giorgio Tuinfort, David Guetta, Frederic Riesterer

Production

Alien - William Orbit, HyGrade

Work Bitch - will.i.am, Sebastian Ingrosso, Otto Knows

Perfume - will.i.am, Chris Braide

It Should Be Easy - David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort, Nicky Romero, Marcus van Wattum, will.i.am

Tik Tik Boom - Anthony Preston, Damien LeRoy

Body Ache - David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort, will.i.am

Til It's Gone - Giorgio Tuinfort, Anthony Preston

Passenger - Diplo

Chillin' With You - will.i.am, FRESHM3N III

Don't Cry - will.i.am

Brightest Morning Star - Dr. Luke, Cirkut

Hold On Tight - Kool Kojak & A.C.

Now That I Found You - will.i.am, Giorgio Tuinfort

Perfume (Dreaming Mix) - Chris Braide

Diplo is sole producer of PassengerSUS

And as Britney said she wrote on every track

Dear LIGHTS,

I know you're pregnant and all, but I sincerely hoping you're taking this time away from shows and touring to write a new album. Seriously. It's been going on THREE YEARS since Siberia. I don't think I can wait much longer after you put out absolute bops like Toes and Where the Fence is Low.

Your acoustic album does not count, although it is lovely.

Love,
Me

Mumei

The politics of Rihanna’s hair: Her AMA do was a powerful form of resistance

Two nights ago, my mouth fell open, when I looked up to see Rihanna rocking a doobie at the American Music Awards.

What’s a doobie? In the South, we just call it a wrap. It is a particular way that black women with straightened hair style their hair by combing and brushing it around the base and crown of the head before bed in order to maintain the style for the next day.

During the 10 years that I wore a relaxer, wrapping my hair and securing the wrap (or doobie) with a scarf or bobby pins or a combination of the two was a nightly ritual. But what you never did — with any level of propriety anyway — was wear your wrap out in public.

I mean, sure, you could get away with it on a quick run to the corner store. But in general, once the hair is wrapped, you are in for the night and the style is not for public consumption.

So when Rihanna showed up at the AMAs rocking just such a style, but adorned with fancy bejeweled bobby pins, I registered it immediately as ratchetness.

Ratchet, because it wreaks of impropriety, and rejects the unstated rules of black women’s hair. There are certain things that black women don’t do out in public regarding hair: We don’t wear rollers outside (that is the ultimate act of ratchet-ghetto behavior), we don’t wear doobies outside, and we don’t wear ratty headscarves outside. If you do don a headscarf, you better tie it up in an intricate way and make it look Afrocentric – “cultural,” you know.

Rihanna took no such pains with her appearance, defying all the rules at this year’s awards. I promptly wondered what it meant. She very well knows that black girls know that a doobie ain’t a style – it’s a pre-style, no matter how pretty the bobby pins are that you put in it.

If you don’t unwrap your hair, then basically you have made very little effort to get all donned up for the show. Exposing people to your doobie either means you know them very well, or know them so little that you couldn’t care less what they think.

The scholar in me is tempted to read this homage to ratchetry as a kind of subtle resistance to the pomp and circumstance of these awards. I feel emboldened in that reading by the blatant whitewashing of black culture that went on at the AMAs.

The AMAs haven’t been particularly good on this point in a long time, which is why it is not one of the major shows that I watch. But last night, Justin Timberlake won for best soul/R&B album in a category that featured him, Robin Thicke and Rihanna, and Macklemore won for best hip-hop album, just as he did at the VMAs.

[...]

Given this kind of cultural context, it matters when black cultural resistance shows up in ways largely illegible to white audiences. Watching my friends spend the day trying to explain what a doobie is on Twitter to white people who kept asking if it is marijuana is hilarious.

So whatever Rihanna’s intent, I do read her choice to rock an indoor do as a form of resistance to the massive co-optation of black culture. As the artist from whom Rihanna apparently took inspiration to make this style public sees it, the adorned doobie is like a ghetto crown of sorts, a kind of attitude that accompanies freshly “done” hair, which says, “I look fly and you can’t tell me nothing.”

Hair for black women is a thing that remains deeply cultural despite attempts to co-opt it on occasion. It signals a whole set of cultural practices that largely still fly under the radar of white America.

So the AMAs gave Rihanna their first ever ICON Award last night. But from my purview, she reframed the terms of her iconicity, to locate herself firmly within black Diasporic culture rather than an iconic “American” project.

Doobie wraps are one of the enduring signifiers of black girl vernacular and the other night, despite an awards show that would have us believe that white folks can do everything (musically) that black folks can do, Rihanna managed to re-assert sui generis aspects of black culture and expose the dubiousness of that assertion.

The rest is at the link. Thoughts? Reading too much into it? I've never really thought of Rihanna as that sort of girl, myself.

Matt_

Passenger was the album highlight for me tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom