• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's iOS Weekly Challenge 8: - SUPER HEXAGON - "You're Already Dead"

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
t1373068500z0.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK YES! 108 sec. Finally over 100. The curse is broken, and all that was needed was a couple of beers.

edit: aw man, too much. I need to play Animal Crossing for at least an hour just to sooth my head now.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Yeah, astounding that 7 people did it... And it wasn't like they were last place either, just between 40 and 62...
Props to the bottom score guys sticking with it!

Cool! :)
Still 2:30 to go
Deleted the game off my iPad and removed GC entries by accident. But it seems my iPhone scores are still present fortunately, but not my 91 sec score. Buh had hoped for top 20. Oh well :p

Not sure what's up with gamecenter but it's showing my all time high score (170.04) as earned today. I actually topped out at 145.37.
image.jpg

Dash Kappei

Not sure what's up with gamecenter but it's showing my all time high score (170.04) as earned today. I actually topped out at 145.37.

We know, don't worry.
As discussed earlier, take a screen of you top score earned during the challenge.

55 minutes to go!

PFD

Thanks to this challenge, I completed Hyper Hexagon mode today. My time pre-challenge was like 22 seconds :p

Of course, I can't replicate that success in Hexagon for the challenge >.<

Dash Kappei

Deleted the game off my iPad and removed GC entries by accident. But it seems my iPhone scores are still present fortunately, but not my 91 sec score. Buh had hoped for top 20. Oh well :p

Oh crap sorry to hear that man :( I wasn't referring to you btw, actually I didn't even notice
You're still above me tho, dang :p

PFD

... and it's over. I kept dying at the 60 second mark in the last half hour. I think my hands are too tired heh

Dash Kappei

FULL Results and prizes coming tomorrow/Monday :)

This challenge was the most fun for me since the Canabalt and FKF ones, loved it, thanks guys!

Dash Kappei

Oh lol, guess it was too good to be true :p

I vote tomorrow :)

Lol we'll see :)) waiting for beloved WARIO64 to fire up the game once so that he does appear on the leaderboards and we won't need to mess with switching places and a lot of boring work really

In the meantime, I'm accepting suggestions for which game to pick for the next challenge.

Dash Kappei

I'm struggling to think of new score based games suited for a fair challenge... Everything that comes to mind with the right requisites is 1+ years old

tops2

Neo Member
I'm struggling to think of new score based games suited for a fair challenge... Everything that comes to mind with the right requisites is 1+ years old

Thanks for the competition. Never played Super Hexagon so much.

Don't know how fair something like Super Crate Box is due to weapon unlocks...

Dash Kappei

Thanks for the competition. Never played Super Hexagon so much.

Don't know how fair something like Super Crate Box is due to weapon unlocks...

Robot Unicorn Attack 2, single run?

Oh yeah Super Crate Box as well, the unlocks are pretty quick to get.

I like super crate box too

SCB can't work unfortunately, we've already discussed it a while ago: as per the challenge's rules games MUST not have boosting unlocks of any kind. Plus SCB matches can drag for too long when setting highscores. I don't remember the other reasons cause although I own it I'm not familiar with the game but there were a bunch of problems mentioned by gaffers in the last couple of chats pre-challenges (the unlocks/time req were more than enough anyway).

Thanks anyway guys! Keep 'em coming, I'll look into the others you've mentioned of course :)

Someone also suggested Impossible Road (together with a bunch of others lime Hypership out of Control) via our own Twitter, that seemed pretty cool.

tops2

Neo Member
SCB can't work unfortunately, we've already discussed it a while ago: as per the challenge's rules games MUST not have boosting unlocks of any kind. Plus SCB matches can drag for too long when setting highscores. I don't remember the other reasons cause although I own it I'm not familiar with the game but there were a bunch of problems mentioned by gaffers in the last couple of chats pre-challenges (the unlocks/time req were more than enough anyway).

Thanks anyway guys! Keep 'em coming, I'll look into the others you've mentioned of course :)

Someone also suggested Impossible Road (together with a bunch of others lime Hypership out of Control) via our own Twitter, that seemed pretty cool.

Impossible Road sounds like it can be frustrating like Super Hexagon..but addicting. But a competition would push me over the edge to get it...

Gauge is pretty fun..but really taxing for me. Starting takes longer than I like..but the game is intense. Anyways..all I can think for now.. :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Are we still waiting for Wario64 for the final scores? Wario so sloooooow

Dash Kappei

There was a problem with the top10, you guys aren't aware but it takes A LOT of time to screen all the scores to see if they're legit or not. Turns out something didn't add up.
Waiting for the updated top10 from my good friend Tunesmith and I'll post everything at once :)

Dash Kappei

I'm watching Breakin Bad ffs! :p leave me alone you bastards, lol

Dang, I can't keep up with Tunesmith he's a force of nature, I'm only a man

Dash Kappei

If I work on the full results tonight (past midnight here) and tomorrow I wake up to only a couple of comments at the most I'll kill ya all!
All right, I'll do it tonight but I want to see those comments fucking flowing, understood?!

I definitely watched too much of Walter White's shenanigans, lol

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
If I work on the full results tonight (past midnight here) and tomorrow I wake up to only a couple of comments at the most I'll kill ya all!
All right, I'll do it tonight but I want to see those comments fucking flowing, understood?!

I definitely watched too much of Walter White's shenanigans, lol
Breaking Bad is a good excuse, tips hat.

Cth

Let's hear it for the bottom 25%!

REPRESENT!

/hangs head in shame

Thanks as always for running these competitions Dash!

Dash Kappei

Let's hear it for the bottom 25%!

REPRESENT!

/hangs head in shame

Thanks as always for running these competitions Dash!

Cheers to you buddy!

Wish I was somewhere internet-worthy for this competition.

Exactly, where da fuck were you Flunk?!

Breaking Bad is a good excuse, tips hat.

heisenberg.jpg

PsItIQb.jpg

Guys I ask for forgiveness here, I'm too sleepy and the missus will be super pissed if I skip the bed again to do my internetzzz

Gimme just another day Gus

Dash Kappei

ibrPwjEsMV3Qg5.png

Challenge's Timeframe:

Starts Starts June 28, 06:01 (PM) GMT
Ends: July 5, 23:45 (PM) GMT

Chosen Game:

WLca6Yp.jpg

• SUPER HEXAGON

Specific conditions/game modes:

• GAME MODE: Hexagon

i6mPod5muv6Zr.png

Well, our 8th GAF's iOS Challenge is over!

Many, many thanks go to the friends at Pikpok and Sidhe, Mario and Milla, who once again sponsored us by offering Shatter'a game/ost codes!
But last but not least a round of applause to kind gaffer
Pray For Death who offered *once again* (!) a $10 iTunes card from his own pocket!
I put in a little something myself in the form of Steam keys for a bunch of good indy games.

Well, let's end this, shall we?

~
:drumrolls:
~

Congratulations to The_Darkest_Red!

•1st Place: The_Darkest_Red ~ $10 iTunes Card

•2nd Place: Angry Moth ~ $10 Shatter Steam key + Shatter OST + Anonaly Warzone Earth Steam key + Thomas Was Alone Steam key

•3rd Place: Wario 64

•4th Place: Japtor ~ Shatter Steam code + Shatter OST + Capsized Steam key

•5th Place: Olga boogaloo ~ Shatter Steam code + Shatter OST +

Final Results: 73 participants (7 retired) - Players listed by GAF name or Game Center profiles

TOP 20
ihIsBDku7DG9i.png

#21 to #66
WvaZa5j.jpg

kiEkopJ.jpg

LANENcH.jpg

Many thanks to iOS GAF's hero Tunesmith for the top banners, header, the magnificent TOP 20 leaderboard and all the help in running the competition!

PFD

Ok, the lack of comments must be killing dash, so I'll be first to comment and say THANK YOU for putting this whole thing together! And also for getting me back into this game!

And thank you Tunesmith for all the hardwork in setting this up behind the scenes and designing the banners.

And finally congrats to the winners! Looking forward to the next challenge :)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I'd like to thank Dash for setting up an, as always, entertaining challenge as well. Takes quite a bit of work to organize and make sure stuff falls into place properly. Also thanks to people for participating and to the prize donors, couldn't make it happen without you. :)

This was great, thanks for putting it together. I wish I would've known about it before the last day but I'm glad I got to sneak into the top 10!

Dash Kappei

Ok, the lack of comments must be killing dash,

Seriously, fuck you guys I'm done with the shitty contests you suck -_-

lol kidding but damn you sure got me PfD! I was a bit pissed seeing no comments AT ALL! :p

so I'll be first to comment and say THANK YOU for putting this whole thing together! And also for getting me back into this game!

And thank you Tunesmith for all the hardwork in setting this up behind the scenes and designing the banners.

And finally congrats to the winners! Looking forward to the next challenge :)

It's been my pleasure, Tunesmith is the best wing man there is and you prize donors are so supportive that I don't think I'm worthy of that. I just hope I'll be able to get in contact with a few devs/gaffers to support the next challenge better since I couldn't do it for this one; coming right after Skybound's amazing support for the Tiny Wing's challenge well, it was a tad disappointing I couldn't put up more stuff for the prize pot.

This was great, thanks for putting it together. I wish I would've known about it before the last day but I'm glad I got to sneak into the top 10!

Damn, only 1 day to grab a spot in the top10, pretty freakin' good

Thanks for setting this up Dash, I had a blast! Thanks as well to the prize donors, I'll make sure to put that iTunes gift card to good use. ;)

Ahah, I'm glad you had fun :) well deserved win, I think you're like #3 in the whole world, amazing.
You could push yourself more till the world record and contact Twin Galaxies, make us proud! lol

I'd like to thank Dash for setting up an, as always, entertaining challenge as well. Takes quite a bit of work to organize and make sure stuff falls into place properly. Also thanks to people for participating and to the prize donors, couldn't make it happen without you. :)

Seriously, the prize donors are amazing. I'm proposing a fuckin' Champion of The People tag for Pray For Death now that Haunted has the pineapples tag :p
Dude has put up $20 for the challenges in a matter of a couple of months, THANK YOU!

As for you, my man, I just want to say:

DAMN YOU
PQpExlq.jpg

The Hermit

yay got in the top 10, thanks Dash it was great playing obsessively again this amazing game!

and congrats smokeydave to barely get into the top 25, like you wanted :D

japtor

I actually won at something! Well 4th place but I'm still amazed I'm anywhere near Wario at a game like this. Nothing like competition and prizes as motivators, I think my high before this started was 163 or so.

SmokyDave

Wahoo, I got my top 25 place!

I look forward to the next one, Dash, I'll chip in to the prize fund.

yay got in the top 10, thanks Dash it was great playing obsessively again this amazing game!

and congrats smokeydave to barely get into the top 25, like you wanted :D
Feels good. I'd like to thank my friends, my family, and the academy.

Top Bottom