• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy UNPACKED 2017 [Galaxy S8 Official Presentation - 11AM EDT - 17:00 CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of voice search and context awareness, Assistant blows the competition away. Hopefully the Bixby button can be reassigned...

I'm sorry but no it's awful. Half the time I just get a web search when I try to get something simple like s sports score and then sometimes it's oh I can't do that yet. It's brutally bad and I stopped using it.

BahamutPT

One of the things I appreciate Apple doing is telling you that their data collection anonymous or that the info is stored on your phone and they don't have access to that. Assuming it's true at least.

Samsung and Google have a much less trustworthy side to them. And I say this as someone who uses Google Drive and Gmail.

I like Apples approach better on this fields for sure.

Google has always said that (at least on their devices) fingerprint data is securely stored.

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6285273?hl=en
https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/6285273?hl=en

Where your fingerprint data is stored
Your fingerprint data is stored securely and never leaves your device. Your data is not shared with Google or apps on your device. Learn more about how fingerprint data is secured.

Paganmoon

full specs posted?

Specification
DIMENSIONS (H x W x D) 148.9 x 68.1 x 8 mm /151g
DISPLAY 146.5mm (5.8” , full rectangle) / 143.3mm (5.6” , rounded corners)1
Quad HD+ sAMOLED
1 Display size is 5,8 inches when measured diagonally across the display, and 5,6
inches once the rounded corners have been discounted.
PROCESSOR Octa-core 2.3GHz + 1.7GHz (4,0 GB RAM)
MEMORY 64 GB + microSD (up to 256 GB)
NETWORK 4G (450/50 Mbps)
CAMERA 12 MP (Dual Pixel/OIS/F 1.7) + 8 MP (AF/F1.7)
OS Android 7.0
CONNECTIVITY USB 3.0 Type-C, NFC, BT 5.0, GPS + Glonass + Beidou + Galileo
WI-FI 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 + 5 GHz
BATTERY 3000 mAh
MISCELLANEOUS Iris Scanner / IP68 / Glass and Metall Design

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This chick is waaaayyy better than that other dude and she's been on stage for 30 secs.

Let her do the whole presentation even if you have to do the stock PR

Hyperbole levels in this presentation are real. As a doctor, I'm wondering what reality Samsung is living in every time they talk about how this phone gets you a doctor to talk to and write prescriptions for you 24/7.

Lol

kiguel182

That's like 90% of this dude's life probably.

I don't doubt it, some of these features are done just thinking about themselves. But the contrast between this and normal regular life is always fun to me.

Let me connect to my smart refrigerator to see what I need to buy while I'm at the grocery store.

That's bull shit. I imagine that people with that lifestyle live somewhere where Prime Now exists and you'd just have amazon deliver your kung pao chicken.

I was with him at "here I am at the grocery" and then he lost me.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm at the store and I'm like fuck I missed the list better not fuck this up or my other half gonna get pissed if I wing it and buy a bunch of snack garbage. LoL

vewn

Damn, I wish they had changed the placement of the fingerprint sensor, because that part is really misplaced right next to the camera lens. Can't wait to smear all over it with my fingers when trying to unlock the phone.

Damn, I wish they had changed the placement of the fingerprint sensor, because that part is really misplaced right next to the camera lens. Can't wait to smear all over it with my fingers when trying to unlock the phone.

Use your face to unlock the phone and apps?.

So with USB-C, has to be a new GearVR? Nice that they are finally bringing a motion controller.

Compared to what? Easily top 2 in market. Amazon is the only competitor.

Not comparing it to anything. It's just not good. I guess the better comparison would be Siri, but when it can't give me a sports score 100% of the time and brings me to a web search, then it sucks period. Hell Google Now was much better. But Cortana also exists although I've never used it so I can't say much about it.

NH Apache

Banned
Not comparing it to anything. It's just not good. I guess the better comparison would be Siri, but when it can't give me a sports score 100% of the time and brings me to a web search, then it sucks period. Hell Google Now was much better. But Cortana also exists although I've never used it so I can't say much about it.

What sport? Curling? I got the US Soccer score last night. I get the Bruins all the time...

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Sure it's nice, but €910 for the + version is some serious fuck you money.
I'm looking forward to the LatAm prices!

The S7 edge still retails for around US$1k

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Samsung Continuum.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
DEX type shit is going to be the future. Not sure about this version, but Desktops are getting smaller and smaller..might as well just make it your phone lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom