• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Center CX TV series picked up by... Kotaku?!

Ryuuga

Banned
CKYBO.gif

Prophane33

As long as it's dubbed Iron Chef style (everyone but Arino dubbed in English), I'll definitely check it out. I've already seen the first 6 seasons or so, but I'm definitely going to support an official release. This is one of the greatest TV shows in the world, and Shinya Arino is made of awesome. I love when they go to stores like Super Potato and show off the neat stuff on the racks. Plus seeing Arino go through games that were freaking impossible to beat back in the 80s is fantastic. Don't forget about his awesome Assistant Directors (ADs) too!

/Kachou ON!

Ashodin

Prophane33 said:
As long as it's dubbed Iron Chef style (everyone but Arino dubbed in English), I'll definitely check it out. I've already seen the first 6 seasons or so, but I'm definitely going to support an official release. This is one of the greatest TV shows in the world, and Shinya Arino is made of awesome. I love when they go to stores like Super Potato and show off the neat stuff on the racks. Plus seeing Arino go through games that were freaking impossible to beat back in the 80s is fantastic. Don't forget about his awesome Assistant Directors (ADs) too!

/Kachou ON!
Definitely. If it's done Iron Chef style it's a watch. Aw hell I'll watch anyways. Sounds awesome.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Must.... resist ...... ever going back to that site after they put up that horrible new layout and got hacked.

I hope they also use this to promote the English version of the Game Center CX DS game. Maybe it can help the chances of someone finally bringing over the second one... :(

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Tight! I bet I'll have already seen the episode fansubbed, but I'll be watching it to celebrate its English premier and to support Kotaku's work (did I just say that?)

SmithnCo

I wanted to watch this, seems loltaku isnt on the ball with video uploads, goddamn how that site has went down after the redesign.

Edit: seems kotaku isnt hosting this so its not their fault. Still other point stands.

xemumanic

StalkerUKCG said:
I wanted to watch this, seems loltaku isnt on the ball with video uploads, goddamn how that site how went down after the redesign.

Edit: seems kotaku isnt hosting this so its not their fault. Still other point stands.

I hate the new design too, but don't associate this with that.

'loltaku' though, I like that.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
It's not internet video if everything goes right!

oh well, it's not a livestream or anything.

xemumanic said:
I hate the new design too, but don't associate this with that.

'loltaku' though, I like that.

I was a big kotaku user back before the redesign, starred commenter, tipper everything but after the redesign i lost all intrest in the site, the odd times i visit im forced with a constantly in flux site switching between old uk kotaku and new kotaku.

Not to mention the updates seem to be ripped directly from GAF topics from hours before hand, the way some of the writers write and portray themselves is also very questionable for a site of its fame and supposed calibur, a few of the staff out right trash games like halo and yet are 3 mile infront of the COD fanboy wagon wearing nothing but praise hats.

The blog excuse doesn't really cut it for me anymore either, maybe a few year ago when it was smaller but since its semi-recent boom into mainstream they should of taken on a more professional and unbiased attitude

xemumanic

StalkerUKCG said:
I was a big kotaku user back before the redesign, starred commenter, tipper everything but after the redesign i lost all intrest in the site, the odd times i visit im forced with a constantly in flux site switching between old uk kotaku and new kotaku.

Not to mention the updates seem to be ripped directly from GAF topics from hours before hand, the way some of the writers write and portray themselves is also very questionable for a site of its fame and supposed calibur, a few of the staff out right trash games like halo and yet are 3 mile infront of the COD fanboy wagon wearing nothing but praise hats.

The blog excuse doesn't really cut it for me anymore either, maybe a few year ago when it was smaller but since its semi-recent boom into mainstream they should of taken on a more professional and unbiased attitude

No doubt tho, GAF and other forum are being watched with a much closer eye for news and events. In fact, I usually come here for news first and foremost, and have been doing so for the past 10 years.

But like I said, I agree fully with your issues with the site, I have the very same complaints. But piling on your distaste/disgust for the site with whatever issues they're having, especially when you don't know whats going on yet, isn't a good look. Don't take it as if I'm single-ing you out or anything, its just that this same sort of logic applies to what we both see as a fault with these blogs.

xemumanic said:
No doubt tho, GAF and other forum are being watched with a much closer eye for news and events. In fact, I usually come here for news first and foremost, and have been doing so for the past 10 years.

But like I said, I agree fully with your issues with the site, I have the very same complaints. But piling on your distaste/disgust for the site with whatever issues they're having, especially when you don't know whats going on yet, isn't a good look. Don't take it as if I'm single-ing you out or anything, its just that this same sort of logic applies to what we both see as a fault with these blogs.

Agreed, this clearly wasnt an avoidable issue kotakus video hoster got bombed from the user rush, i dont think it had anything to do with behind the scenes, its a site ran very competently indeed and for the most part well written, My issues with some of the writers is something completely different. they also wernt in charge of the redesign really that was gawker so i cant place the blame there.

Dambrosi

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
BAW, North America only?! :( Weak
Someone will just rip it and post it up on Youtube/Dailymotion/torrents/whatever. Don't fret.

Or, at least, they will when Viddler decides to get their shit together and start working right.

Top Bottom