• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

totowhoa

Banned
I started playing Goof Troop with my fiance last week because of this show :) Man I love that game. About to watch the new episode now, they're just beyond us now.

The intro to this show is really grating though.

Seik

Banned
I started playing Goof Troop with my fiance last week because of this show :) Man I love that game. About to watch the new episode now, they're just beyond us now.

The intro to this show is really grating though.

Called it off Ebay because of them, I totally forgot about this game.

This gonna be sweet! :D

Noi

"The reason I called you a pizza is..."

DEAD
KuGsj.gif

KarmaCow

As annoying as it is to watch them mess up the puzzles, it's worth it just to hear Egorapter get frustrated with JonTron.

I think the Goof Troop videos might be my favorite not just because they're hilarious as fuck, but because I can relate to all of the co-op bullshit they've been going through. Someone messing up block puzzles, constant backtracking, constant DEATHS, etc. I went through all of that shit when me and my buddy tried that game for the first time in high school.

I am EAGERLY anticipating the episode where they get to the final level. That block puzzle room is going to have an entire episode dedicated to it.

Poyunch

It's too early for this to be really fair but I'm not really liking the Emerald ones. The jokes are still entertaining but Pokemon is long as hell and at the pace they're going it's going to take forever.

Noi

It's too early for this to be really fair but I'm not really liking the Emerald ones. The jokes are still entertaining but Pokemon is long as hell and at the pace they're going it's going to take forever.

I crack up every time a "Fuck, I put away X item in the bag." line pops up, so I don't particularly mind it being their longest playlist.
KuGsj.gif

I made the mistake of watching that episode again, and I somehow laughed even HARDER. I don't think I can go to bed, at least not right now. I have to catch my breath, good god.

EDIT: GOD DAMMIT, I can't stop myself from laughing when I think of them saying "this is it, Max. This is it; we're never leaving this cave."

Goof Troop has some really great game design in introducing new formulas to the same gameplay mechanics after each level. That seems pretty much dead this generation, at least with most major titles.

The Emerald episodes always make me laugh because they share the same dynamic as the LttP one: Jon isn't very familiar with the game, and Ego is. Also, I love their naming scheme (I hope nooooooooooo sees more use).

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I bet when they started recording these things they didn't even know what to call the series. Because since they did most of these videos all at once, you can see how they get grumpier and grumpier as time goes on as they get more and more fed up with each other. It's hilarious.

This is amazing. Bannnnnaannnnnaaaaaaa and diiiiiamonnnnnnd and ruuuuuuuuuubyyyyyyy...

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I think these would be better if there was a cam of them in the corner or something.
I was thinking that myself. They have plenty of room to move the video over to the left and put a cam of them on the top right with the logo in the bottom right or something. I bet there's so much comedy we're missing by not being able to see them too.

Drago

I was thinking that myself. They have plenty of room to move the video over to the left and put a cam of them on the top right with the logo in the bottom right or something. I bet there's so much comedy we're missing by not being able to see them too.

Yeah, they are often saying how 'Egoraptor game me a look of death' and the like, so a cam may be helpful.

I'd rather not though, I don't like seeing peoples faces when they play/talk during games on YT

Drago

So JohnTron is one of those people. He really is wrong about everything.

At least we have Egoraptor defending the new ones :)

The next PokeAwesome should have references to gens 2-5. It would be such a breath of fresh air to get a Pokemon parody that isn't ignorant to Pokemon today. He's probably the only one that would do it but I have a feeling he still won't

I bet when they started recording these things they didn't even know what to call the series. Because since they did most of these videos all at once, you can see how they get grumpier and grumpier as time goes on as they get more and more fed up with each other. It's hilarious.
Except they make reference to the show's name every episode...

Poyunch

I'm sorry for the lack of updates. Sequelitis is something that takes a lot of finesse and mental patience. Zelda is a huge topic to tackle, and I've written a novel's worth of notes and drafts... more than all the previous episodes combined, and I'm not even close to being finished. I've kicked the process into high gear since the Comic Con whirlwind is finally over and Game Grumps has stabilized, so progress has been satisfying. I am also constantly maturing my ideas of what to make this video "about." It is, in its current state, certainly not what I had in mind from the beginning, but this is the joy of making an episode: I learn things. It may not even be solely LttP vs. OoT. I may include more games because the nature of the comparison requires it.

I pose these questions to you out of curiosity. What are your thoughts about The Zelda series? What is your favorite? What is your least favorite? Why? Do you think Zelda is going in a good direction? What are the essential parts to making a Zelda game? Are there any Zelda games you consider "un-zeldalike?"

Just an update on the next episode of Sequelitis.

Top Bottom