• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Battlefield 3 - New Thread of Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoto

Have specializations been confirmed for Battlefield 3? That would be incredibly stupid if they were. They were already laughably idiotic in BC2, actually having to chose between using alternate guns for tanks or using smoke when oh, I don't know, in Battlefield 2 I was able to use them all.

Putting health bars back in rather than health regeneration would be nice. Oh right, we're talking about DICE, the people who are going to beat Call of Duty by being Call of Duty.

Edit: Judging by how easy they were able to cave into the Call of Duty trends, my worry is that BF3 will just be an extension of BC2.

Nizz

Manager said:
32 player is a bust btw:

http://twitter.com/zh1nt0

Not sure if this was mentioned before or not, but Punkbuster is in:
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I'm fine with having 24 players on console. It sounds like they're doing a lot of stuff ingame: improved destruction 3.0, big maps, jets. I feel like them pushing for 32 would put extra strain on the engine. Let's have 24 players with all the improvements and Frostbite 2.0's bells and whistles.

^^That's a really nice pic of DICE's studio ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom