• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Battlefield 3 - New Thread of Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

desu

Prolly just march first reveal thing.

Anyway german pc action has a article too, but apparently nothing new.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I might get some hate, but I will most likely end up getting this game for the 360. Before you bash, you should know that I acknowledge the PC's superiority in gaming, but the fact is that I already have a 360 and a non-gaming PC, so I don't want to spend 600+ dollars on a gaming PC.

And it sucks because I REALLY want the full BF experience.

However one thing worries me about the console version... I know its going to be smaller in scale but I REALLY hope they balance it accordingly. On BC2, whenever I play Heavy Metal it is SO bad because it is TOO big. I'm scared all of BF3 will be like this...

Also, there better be a way to get the beta without buying Medal of Honor..

If you want to be a pc gamer you have to take the plunge sooner or later and really there is no better time then right now. Besides being smaller Battlefield wont have anywhere near the lifespan on consoles as it will on pc. Portal 2, Dota 2, new Elder Scrolls game (and that will be 10x the game on pc that it will be on consoles), being able to play Crysis 2 at max settings should make it the best looking game since the original Crysis. Who knows, maybe it will top the original Crysis and allow Crytek to retake the graphics crown from themselves. PC gaming is enjoying a huge renaissance right now so there really hasn't been a better time to jump in since 2004. Awesome games and awesome hardware prices right now.

desu

First pics from the Gamestar article are floating around. Apparently not too much new stuff.

Full info apparently coming in 2h?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok so what if i say: I call dibs on BF3 |Official Thread|

I made the BFBC2 thread but im not sure if im allowed to make the BF3 |OT|.
EDIT: Too early.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
desu said:
First pics from the Gamestar article are floating around. Apparently not too much new stuff.

Full info apparently coming in 2h?

Dude I hope so... that'd be awesome.

commissar

Not liking the blue HUD in the game informer article. Looks like Ghost Recon AW again :S
But I think I can fix that. Hooray for PC tweaks :D

Arnie

Judging by the tweets we'll get the first gameplay trailer tomorrow. Hope to god it's not focused on the singleplayer campaign like these magazine articles seem to be.

Makoto

One of the things I was disappointed with in BF2 was the lack of any air-only maps in the vein of Battle of Britain and Coral Sea. Perhaps the Coral Sea's return in 1943 means they haven't forgotten. A modern day air-only map would be awesome.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Arnie said:
Judging by the tweets we'll get the first gameplay trailer tomorrow. Hope to god it's not focused on the singleplayer campaign like these magazine articles seem to be.
Yup they talk about 'something tomorrow'. mhmhmh

wwm0nkey

Arnie said:
If not tomorrow we only have to wait a few more days :)

Fersis

85thday said:
Now, that sounds good. Hey all this is my first post, thanks for the info :).
Welcome to GAF good man!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
85thday said:
Now, that sounds good. Hey all this is my first post, thanks for the info :).

This guy might last a while... :)

*cheers*

Arnie

desu said:
They probably just hint at all the german magazines getting their articles out today/tomorrow.
I doubt it. The majority of fans can't read German articles and they wouldn't publicly advocate such ubiquitous dissemination of information which is meant to be exclusive to consumers of a specific publication. That would be like saying, "fuck yea, there's some new information in a German magazine but we acknowledge the print industry is being butt fucked by the internet so it'll be a good day for everyone after it gets scanned and posted within hours".

With the consistency and strength of the tweets I'm expecting some screen shots at the very least, if not a short video.

desu

The worldwide interest in Battlefield 3 is very high so I made a summary of the most important information of the GameStar cover story (Issue 04/2011). First of all let me start with a comparison to the article Matt Bertz wrote for GameInformer. German editor Fabian Siegismund also played the demo level but describes it in another way and gives more detail to the destruction. Here is an example: when the huge building collapses during the earthquake it buries and destroys a Blackhawk helicopter. Patrick Bach says that debris can hurt characters. Important here: we are talking about the singleplayer. Not tested or confirmed for the multiplayer (Bach: "We'll see")!

Talking about the multiplayer the text contains a short summary about the multiplayer aspects editor Siegismund was able to see. I’ll give you that aspects in form of a list.

* Most important fact but most likely a typo or mistake: 32 players for the console.
* At a screen there were four classes with five slots for equipment. No further word about the details of the equipment ist given
* Siegismund says that he has seen a F-16 and a Su-27 Jet. Important here: there is a render / picture at the article that shows a F1-8 Super Hornet and not a F-16. Don’t know if this means the existence of both jets or a typo.
* Siegesmund talks about a “Replay-Function which was also included in Battlefield 2”. In our opinion he is talking about the Battlerecorder (as a function to replay whole games). His statement concerning this function: “DICE is playing around with a feasible version for BF3”. The function is not confirmed.
* Sound: DICE is working with a revised system for the sound that enables players to detect from where a vehicle or enemy soldier is coming. Every object (aka tank, helicopter has up to 80 soundchannels with different sound from different angles.
* Singleplayer: there will be Quicktime-Events where you have to push the mouse buttons to win a fight. The example here: an enemy tries to stab you with a knife and you have to defend you (knock him down / kill him).

Source: German site.

Arnie said:
I doubt it. The majority of fans can't read German articles and they wouldn't publicly advocate such ubiquitous dissemination of information which is meant to be exclusive to consumers of a specific publication. That would be like saying, "fuck yea, there's some new information in a German magazine but we acknowledge the print industry is being butt fucked by the internet so it'll be a good day for everyone after it gets scanned and posted on the internet within hours".

With the consistency and strength of the tweets I'm expecting some screen shots at the very least, if not a short video.

Official release is in a week, why would they release a video now? Also we're living in the time of the internet. It means nothing if new information is coming out in japanese, german or whatever language there is. Mostly you can find translated info pretty fast!

derFeef

Sound: DICE is working with a revised system for the sound that enables players to detect from where a vehicle or enemy soldier is coming. Every object (aka tank, helicopter has up to 80 soundchannels with different sound from different angles.
homer-drool.gif

woober

Edit: Removed scan...

Saw this image from the german site linked above... HOLY SHIT!

First post here on gaf, and it's on a bf3 thread. Hell yeah.

Jtrizzy said:
Picked up the GI last night along with KZ3, the pictures look really good, the lighting looks amazing.

lol Are you me? I just did the same thing this morning.

Anyways I can't wait to see this BF3 in motion! CMON DICE!

woober said:

Saw this image from the german site linked above... HOLY SHIT!

First post here on gaf, and it's on a bf3 thread. Hell yeah.

Hey great first post junior!

What the hell makes you think magazine scans are allowed here?

Arnie

desu said:
Official release is in a week, why would they release a video now? Also we're living in the time of the internet. It means nothing if new information is coming out in japanese, german or whatever language there is. Mostly you can find translated info pretty fast!
I just think that information from Gamestar isn't worth the levels of hype many DICE employees have been raising about tomorrow. It's nothing we didn't already know really. I think we'll get a sneakpeak video tomorrow, perhaps under a minute of actual trailer, and then the full 3ish minute, megaton, sex machine trailer on 1st March.

And junior, remove that scan quickly, we don't want your first post to be your last.

NO SCANS ON GAF.
woober said:
Oops... got too excited about bf3 when I saw that shot. Won't do it again, promise!
Well done my friend. Baptism by fire.

desu

Also there is another detail in the german text which is slightly more detailed. Apparently one of the solo missions will be in a jet.

woober

desu said:
Also there is another detail in the german text which is slightly more detailed. Apparently one of the solo missions will be in a jet.

Very nice indeed. I wonder how difficult the flight controls will be, because beginners have trouble even trying to take off. Now that I think about it, single player would be a great way to teach new players flight mechanics so they don't go crashing them online.

Kibbles

derFeef said:
Ah fuck them and their teases. That teaser trailer was so shitty and they hyped the hell out of it. It's probably just an expiring embargo on the screenshots in Game Informer.

Arnie said:
Woah, really? *trying not to get hopes up*

Nizz

Sound: DICE is working with a revised system for the sound that enables players to detect from where a vehicle or enemy soldier is coming. Every object (aka tank, helicopter has up to 80 soundchannels with different sound from different angles.
This sounds god damn delicious! I only have a 2.1 system for sound but I always pick "War Tapes" in the sound options and it sounds fantastic. With headphones it sounds equally nice.

This improved sound seems even more exciting. I really can't wait to see this game in motion.

Arnie

Kibbles said:
Woah, really? *trying not to get hopes up*
I'd expect something more substantial than an article containing the same information which has already been spread throughout the community. A gameplay trailer is pure conjecture but we'll definitely be getting something.

derFeef

Technosteve said:
my body is ready for a DICE Quality trailer their multiplayer demos are God Quality
The Battlefield moments videos are godly indeed. That said, I would prefer something like that for the reveal - but it is going to be singleplayer for sure.

woober

If they do intend on showing footage, it'll most likely be single player ... which would make me sad (not really). But multiplayer is where it's at!! If it's going to be like BC2, they'll keep multiplayer footage away from us its nearly time for launch.

Fersis

woober said:
If they do intend on showing footage, it'll most likely be single player ... which would make me sad (not really). But multiplayer is where it's at!! If it's going to be like BC2, they'll keep multiplayer footage away from us its nearly time for launch.
Yup, game footage usually debuts with Single player stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom