• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Battlefield 3 - New Thread of Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

grkazan12

Yeah guys looks like we got to wait just a little bit longer, hopefully it'll be worth it

From Daniel Matros (Global Battlefield Community Manager at DICE)

These types of press events are usually embargod. I'm not sure as to when the embargo lifts but I expect it to lift sometime after GDC.
Also, there is no live-feed ..

markao

SolidSnakex said:
Isn't EA having their showcase event on March 1st?
Could well be, as I sad, all I know 100% sure that there is an EA NFS Shift 2 Unleased event today in NY, maybe it is just that ;)

Sanjay

Mr. Snrub said:
Funny, all the MOH MP talk...been playing it a bit more lately. I've always thought it was underrated, or at least the mechanics were. Shooting feels great, weapons feel lethal. The maps are a bit boring, unfortunately--borderline set pieces.

I wouldn't mind BF3's MP being influenced by MOH's in some ways.

I think Mr. Snrub account has been infiltrated.

Got this email to preorder it. More details coming Late February according to the preorder section.

110216_Battlefield3_pre-order-now.jpg

110216_Battlefield3_battlefield3.jpg

110216_Battlefield3_comingthisspring.jpg

110216_Battlefield3_copy.jpg

Aiming for Spring 2011? Fucking Nice!!

Got my GameInformer yesterday and it does look pretty cool. I liked the HUD, the destructible environments looks cool as well. Didn't read much of it.

I enjoy COD's multiplayer but I think the rank-up to buy weapons thing is a little silly. I don't want to play 30 hours just so I can be even with the kids who play all day.

Although I'm confused: why try to have Battlefield "take down" Call of Duty when EA has Medal of Honor. Aren't they undercutting each other?

wwm0nkey

They probably did some stupid shit and ment the BETA is this spring but instead of using the game release of FALL they put the beta release. Honestly, wouldnt shock me.

Deadly

Cuban Legend said:
I'm seriously dissapointed in seeing BF3 priced at $60USD on PC. Even in digital form.

:(
60$ for PC even in digital!? Hopefully there will be some odd sale+coupon a few weeks after it comes out like BC2.

derFeef

wwm0nkey said:
They probably did some stupid shit and ment the BETA is this spring but instead of using the game release of FALL they put the beta release. Honestly, wouldnt shock me.
Seems more likely. Beta in spring would be hot.

Deadly said:
60$ for PC even in digital!? Hopefully there will be some odd sale+coupon a few weeks after it comes out like BC2.

Well, they are calling this "Limited Edition" so who the fuck knows. Steam to the rescue!

Or maybe $10 extra to get into the beta! :lol :lol :lol

Deadly said:
Yes, even Digital.

EA Store:

See:

And btw, if it's anything like EA's Crysis 2 "AAA Tax Pricing" bullshit... Then it's probably just the "Regular Edition" being "Upgraded for free to "Limited Edition" when preorders hit Steam, only while preorders are available. And then when preorders are over and the game is out as only "Regular Edition" price will still be stuck at that oh-so-inflated $60USD.

BTW, BC2 was 49.99 USD, and it had a Limited Edition. And that Limited Edition was the same price as the Regular edition, only with a few extra unlockables unlocked from the start, and it was actually "in limited quantities", this was true even for the PC Retail BC2.

wwm0nkey

shagg_187 said:
Yeah, I guess Beta is spring since it says "Be the first one to play" so it has to be Beta.
yep, like I said they did some stupid shit lol

Well atleast we know when the beta starts now :D

WTF I understand getting one picture wrong but it's elsewhere as well? Maybe they mean pre-orders will be up in 2011, lol I don't know.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
derFeef said:
That´s the first gamestar I will buy in years then. "new Sound reference" sounds nice :)

Yeah me too, haven't bought a Gaming Magazine for years.

EVIL

tarius1210 said:
I don't think my three year old PC can handle this game :(
same, I will have to upgrade :s. Thank god it gets released in the fall, so I have a bit of time to save up for a new build.

shagg_187 said:
OK, it says "Fall 2011" in US website but "Spring 2011" in Aussieland in both the official website and the newsletter.
That's because Fall 2011 in the US is the same as Spring 2011 in Aussieland. Have you never wondered what causes the seasons? It's worth looking into: not only will it prevent confusion when looking at game release dates, but it will also ensure that you pack appropriate clothing for your next Southern hemisphere holiday :)

Tawpgun

I might get some hate, but I will most likely end up getting this game for the 360. Before you bash, you should know that I acknowledge the PC's superiority in gaming, but the fact is that I already have a 360 and a non-gaming PC, so I don't want to spend 600+ dollars on a gaming PC.

And it sucks because I REALLY want the full BF experience.

However one thing worries me about the console version... I know its going to be smaller in scale but I REALLY hope they balance it accordingly. On BC2, whenever I play Heavy Metal it is SO bad because it is TOO big. I'm scared all of BF3 will be like this...

Also, there better be a way to get the beta without buying Medal of Honor..

Dabanton

Looks like it's time to buy Medal Of Honour is that the only way into the Beta?

I saw it for £15 pounds in my local game shop.

Sn4ke_911

Dabanton said:

Right now? Yes.

Tawpgun

Dabanton said:

woahwoahwoahwoah.

Slow down.

Make sure it has the Battlefield 3 Beta sticker/decal on it. Only the limited edition ones did to my knowledge. And that's limited edition as in the $60 game that was only available near launch.

They might still have them around, but I might resort to ebay to get one.

Brakara

A27 Tawpgun said:
However one thing worries me about the console version... I know its going to be smaller in scale but I REALLY hope they balance it accordingly. On BC2, whenever I play Heavy Metal it is SO bad because it is TOO big. I'm scared all of BF3 will be like this...

I kinda like Heavy Metal because it's so different from the other maps, but yeah, it would suck if all maps were like that. They'll likely scale down the BF3 maps for us console hobos though.

What I'm afraid of, is that larger maps and more modes will give us overall fewer maps.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Make sure it has the Battlefield 3 Beta sticker/decal on it. Only the limited edition ones did to my knowledge. And that's limited edition as in the $60 game that was only available near launch.

I got my limited edition copy from a play.com sale for £15 a few weeks ago.

Sn4ke_911

A27 Tawpgun said:
woahwoahwoahwoah.

Slow down.

I bought my LE a couple weeks ago for 20 € on amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B003VM8NTO/

Edit: Wow, only 17 € now.

wwm0nkey

A27 Tawpgun said:
I might get some hate, but I will most likely end up getting this game for the 360. Before you bash, you should know that I acknowledge the PC's superiority in gaming, but the fact is that I already have a 360 and a non-gaming PC, so I don't want to spend 600+ dollars on a gaming PC.

And it sucks because I REALLY want the full BF experience.

Also, there better be a way to get the beta without buying Medal of Honor..
Well to be honest im getting it on the 360 to play it with friends but I will be also getting it on PC soon after.

desu

Trying to pick Gamestar up, first issue I am going to buy in years. Hope I can pick it up before going to work.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I believe in you German GAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom