• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Cover: Battlefield 3 [FLEABttn to the rescue, new thread soon!]

Enkidu

REV 09 said:
bad company 2 is a breath of fresh air for Team-based mp shooters. I eagerly await the reveal of BF3!!!
Aside from the destruction, what exactly did Bad Company 2 do that different?

Raide

Hellsing321 said:
"Sets its sights on Call of Duty"

I do not like the sound of that.

I think they mean it like "We are going to be the Number 1 FPS on PC and Consoles." and not "We are going to make it like CoD!"

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Raide said:
I think they mean it like "We are going to be the Number 1 FPS on PC and Consoles." and not "We are going to make it like CoD!"

Shame they have absolutely no chance in hell of accomplishing this.

waaaaaaaamzlh.gif

dralla

fuuuuuck. my pc sucks so much ass. if this and diablo 3 make it out this year it's time for an upgrade of epic proportions

Sanjay

Hellsing321 said:
"Sets its sights on Call of Duty"

I do not like the sound of that.

Fuck, its going to have a stupid crazy single player story and because of the above statement, my hype for this game is killed. Fuck you Modern Warfare, fucking up my fps games :mad:

Kibbles

LongDongJunon said:
HOLY BLLLLLLLLLLLLARETHRSHSH54EYWSG

Probably just gonna be a 30 sec teaser with the logo over a black background or some shit.
Yup, like the Duty Calls trailer, lol =(

A dev from DICE said no CG, so that brings some hope. But remember the shitty Battlefield: BC 2 teaser on GTTV? It was black and white and didn't show jack shit.

Why are people getting upset about "setting sights on COD"?

You can call them different games, but it's pretty clear that COD is crowned "king" and they want BF3 to "beat" it. I seriously doubt we'll get a COD clone, but I'm expecting a high level of customization. Unlocks are a given, too.

wwm0nkey

Nirolak said:
Also, the Game Informer posting confirms a singleplayer campaign, in case anyone was curious.
Im a bit iffy on that part, though DICE has proved they can make a good SP with Bad Company 2

Sanjay said:
Fuck, its going to have a stupid crazy single player story and because of the above statement, my hype for this game is killed. Fuck you Modern Warfare, fucking up my fps games :mad:
DICE would not nonly be selling out, but they'd be biting themselves in the ass if they tried to add a Sinlgeplayer component to a true Battlefield game to compete with CoD in trying to win over the CoD audience, they will try and fail.

I'm pretty sure they learned for the shit-storm that was the Singleplayer in "Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat" on the Xbox 360.

Nirolak said:
Also, the Game Informer posting confirms a singleplayer campaign, in case anyone was curious.
"You'll have to read the magazine to get the dirt on what DICE has in store for the single-player and multiplayer modes"

Note that this does not explicitly say Singleplayer Story or Single player Campaign.

Battlefield 2 even had singleplayer, it was local multiplayer with bots.

I'm just hoping they don't try to compete with CoD on the story front, since Battlefield is about Multiplayer... Bad Company is a great outlet for DICE to mess with Singleplayer.

Cuban Legend said:
DICE would not nonly be selling out, but they'd be biting themselves in the ass if they tried to add a Sinlgeplayer component to a true Battlefield game to compete with CoD in trying to win over the CoD audience, they will try and fail.

I'm pretty sure they learned for the shit-storm that was the Singleplayer in "Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat" on the Xbox 360.

I really don't get why the don't just make a sandbox-like single player game using the huge maps. I can't stand COD or MOH's SP because you can tell how each "setting" is just a level full of corridors. With MOH it was like, "YAY! ATV's!...oh. I just hit the accelerator and follow this path?"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Cuban Legend said:
"You'll have to read the magazine to get the dirt on what DICE has in store for the single-player and multiplayer modes"

Note that this does not explicitly say Singleplayer Story or Single player Campaign.

Battlefield 2 even had singleplayer, it was local multiplayer with bots.

I'm just hoping they don't try to compete with CoD on the story front, since Battlefield is about Multiplayer... Bad Company is a great outlet for DICE to mess with Singleplayer.
I feel it is notable that they've been hiring mission designers for Battlefield for quite a while now, so I'm guessing it is actually campaign.

Max

I am not Max
LiK said:
Seems like they really love that splash of orange.

[im]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3661/1182713-bfbc2_pc_box_art_super.jpg[/img]
i still don't get what it is, fire?

CryptiK

Tomorrow will confirm no jets and no prone. My bet is this will be BFBC3 under the BF 3 name. My hype reserved until proven wrong

Mooreberg

Cuban Legend said:

I take it as them attempting to compete with COD on the multiplayer front, which means a lot of diehard BF2 fans are not going to be happy. I'd love to be wrong but EA has repeatedly stated they want the COD audience, and that audience isn't terribly interested in doing much else than running around and shooting people. :-\

Well BC2 is my favorite online FPS at the moment so I guess I am looking forward to whatever DICE has going on with Battlefield 3. Although ghst has been pimping red orchestra pretty hard so maybe it will change my mind.

Edit: Also making it in any way more like call of duty would be a step in the direction of an abrupt 100m drop off a cliff.

Floors collapsing - Great.
Single-player - Eh...

I'm not gonna condemn the idea before I know anything about it whatsoever, but they've tried a campaign three times already, so if that's what they're doing again, then that sounds like a bad idea to me. Especially if it means less resources left for multiplayer content.

CryptiK said:
Tomorrow will confirm no jets and no prone. My bet is this will be BFBC3 under the BF 3 name. My hype reserved until proven wrong

I'm positive jets will be in. I could take or leave prone.

subversus said:
I hope prone isn't in...

I thought I'd miss it but I really don't. Considering the level of detail in graphics nowadays (and how hard it was to pick out wookies in BC2 WITHOUT prone), I could do without it.

I'd only want prone in if there are heavy penalties for movement as you fall into it.

Top Bottom