• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer February Cover: Uncharted 4

Might just be the angle but doesn't Drake's head look a little too big for his body?

Came to say the same.

GcPuVM-2izqQ8FH6aXueiB8qmd8b4MreHfYqEL0uIr_Y_2kexE3yLUkm9_DlWTcgUCub-mfGf0FfM5s2k67sfGOeNOHmxPg5f-NLV2V0CsOX0O3ME1U

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This is gonna be another 10/10, I have no doubt.

Only 3 years? Wow. I guess even virtual characters aren't exempt from premature aging. Should have worn a sunscreen daily, and the constant running probably didn't help either, amplified free radical damage and all.

Cover looks really bad and uninspired btw.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So it seems it will just be set in Madagascar?

What gives you that idea? Seems like Madagascar is where they will end up, much like Tibet in UC2 and and Saudi Arabia/Yemen in UC3. UC1 spanned the least amount of countries and even that still had Panama, Brazil and a Pacific Island.

whoszed

Hell yeah. Was not expecting to hear from this game so soon after the Playstation event so this is a welcome surprise. Looks like they're aiming for a 2015 release.

Markitron

I'd be shocked if this doesn't steal the show at E3 the way UC2 did.

Superflat

This cover looks preeeetty ridiculous. The hollywood lighting and hyper detail reminds me of 90's-2000s movie cutouts you'd see in movie theaters. Not a bad thing necessarily, but the characters also look like they're just pasted on top of a screenshot, and the brother's expression and everything is just kinda.. not great. Instead of a moment in time it looks like two dudes deliberating posing. It's just awkward looking.

Assuming Nate was in his mid 30's in Uncharted 1 (I think I remember Amy Hennig saying that was roughly his age/I take her word over that dumb web game that claims he was born in 1980), if we follow the years up to current day, he should be roughly 39-42 years old, which looks about right here.

E3 Drake looks like he's gotten the shit kicked out of him and he looks a little more emaciated, but I don't think he looks so different as to say he looks that much older than who we see in the PSX demo. Either a whole lot of shit is gonna wear him down over the course of the game, or there's a time skip would be my guess.

I have this odd feeling that U4 takes place in the first year of a zombie apocalypse. I mean, it supposed to be 3 years after Drake's Deception,
where an easter egg hinted at the subject matter of TLOU? And Outbreak Day would be two years after Drake's Deception?

I mean, Naughty Dog hid information from us before TLOU released. I'm probably grasping at straws here.

zkorejo

I completely expect him to be evil. His face looks like a villain to me. Lol. The estranged brother who comes to town to reconcile with you. You are hesitant at first but decide to reconcile after partially being talked into it by another character. As part of reconciliation you agree to do this big score he knows of where he needs your skill but it turns out he is using you and is working with/for someone else.

Also, you reconcile for real as you hold his dying body in your arms.

Im probably wrong but Im gonna be happy when I am wrong

Bold part is exactly what Flynn did in UC2 (except for the last part, he was an a-hole even when dying). I hope they dont do the same thing with this Sam guy.

Squire

Banned
Three years? I was expecting ten.

And "Drake has secrets". Great. The last time he had secrets that were apparently worth uncovering we got Uncharted 3.

Don't write yourself into a hole, Druckmann. I know Drake has secrets - he's obviously a very guarded person. I feel like that stuff might be better left alone.

No Elena, no buy.

zkorejo

Can't wait for the shock that Sam is the villain after betraying drake after first few levels.

Yea wouldnt be much of a shock. I am pretty sure ND knows that.

I am thinking Sam forcing Drake to help him find the treasure. If he doesnt, his men kill Sully or Elena or something to that effect. Not very original either but atleast its better than the "betrayal" scenario.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I have this odd feeling that U4 takes place in the first year of a zombie apocalypse. I mean, it supposed to be 3 years after Drake's Deception,
where an easter egg hinted at the subject matter of TLOU? And Outbreak Day would be two years after Drake's Deception?

I mean, Naughty Dog hid information from us before TLOU released. I'm probably grasping at straws here.

That was just an easter egg. There's no way they would connect the two series. It would be horrible if they did.

Superflat

Can't wait for the shock that Sam is the villain after betraying drake after first few levels.

There's really no way to subvert expectations with a new character like this because people will say it's predictable either way, since it's a common element of the genre -- it just comes down to how well it's executed. If they make him a likable character, or a character I can love to hate, they will have done a good job imo.

Every character Drake is acquainted with has a 50% betrayal rate anyway. Even Sully had "is he working with the bad guys?" moment in the first game.

Draft

Did Sony force Naughty Dog to do this? Was the boringest picture imaginable provided as passive aggressive protest?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Totally agree. I've just got a feeling is all.

ND does lots of Easter Eggs. The strange relics in Uncharted, lots of Jak and Uncharted merchandise in TLoU and Left Behind. I'm sure there will be TLoU related easter eggs but nothing explicitly linking them.

Hystzen

There's really no way to subvert expectations with a new character like this because people will say it's predictable either way, since it's a common element of the genre -- it just comes down to how well it's executed. If they make him a likable character, or a character I can love to hate, they will have done a good job imo.

Every character Drake is acquainted with has a 50% betrayal rate anyway. Even Sully had "is he working with the bad guys?" moment in the first game.

I more doing comment on how scene will play out. I can already see them trying direct it as a major twist with music. Similar to Star Trek: Into Darkness reveal of you know who they even leave 2 seconds of nothing for audience to gasp in shock even though everybody knew who character really was.

The game has "A thief's end" as it's subtitle. But the question is, which thief meets his/her end? Most probably Sully? Only way Nate will quit treasure hunting if this is the last game.

Yeah.

Lol at Straley going no its not going to be dark stop your bitching we know its Uncharted.

Couldn't help but laugh there too, and his facial expression heh.

LOL North with that wonder twin powers line.

Top Bottom