• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer reviews Too Human. Evilore 1, Dyack 0. Who cares?! We want the BATMAN!

tanod

when is my burrito
GenericPseudonym said:
Again this game's greatest sin is the camera, it just makes the game annoying. The animations and clunky gameplay is largely because this is an RPG not an action title but the camera just makes every moment an annoyance. If it wasn't for that it would get mediocre scores, maybe even good ones but that god damn camera is going to kill this game's scores.

Coincidentally, LAIR, another big-budget August title, also suffered from a terrible camera and simplistic combat.

scoobs

duckroll said:
People are talking about Too Human, what would you have me do?

Endure. You can be the outcast. You can make the choice that no one else will face - the right choice. Neogaf needs you.

DMczaf

Batman approves of this thread title

WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?!?!

11kcylj.gif

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Stoney Mason said:
Interesting. I wish he had mentioned the depth or replayability. I don't care about the story quality as I don't play loot games for their story but I was hoping he would mention the replayability and length (I've heard the 10 hours thing) as a yeah or nay as that will decide whether I pick it up.

well i know a someone who was actually a playtester for it, nad he only recently started giving us info on the game since its now so close to release date. he saidthey wouldnt start to see the really good gear till about the 6th time through, around lvl 40ish.

duckroll

I'll be honest, brutally honest. I find this appalling. Game Informer has pretty terrible reviews in general, and just because the game is Too Human doesn't make a damn difference. I'm sickened that people would rather talk about their review of Too Human, which is pretty insignificant, rather than discuss the COVER STORY of a brand new Batman game by Pandemic. Come on guys. :(

_tetsuo_ said:
Thats strange because the guy from wired that played through said it got better as it went along, tycho liked it quite a bit and one of the other people that played throguh said the story was one of the best parts. Different strokes, i guess. We live in an age where GTA 4 (love the game, btw) has an "oscar calibur" story.

well put, sir.
or ma'am?

_tetsuo_ said:
well i know a someone who was actually a playtester for it, nad he only recently started giving us info on the game since its now so close to release date. he saidthey wouldnt start to see the really good gear till about the 6th time through, around lvl 40ish.
Thx. That's more the kind of stuff I'm interested in. Like what level a person is when he finishes and how good the middle level and upper level loot is.

duckroll said:
I'll be honest, brutally honest. I find this appalling. Game Informer has pretty terrible reviews in general, and just because the game is Too Human doesn't make a damn difference. I'm sickened that people would rather talk about their review of Too Human, which is pretty insignificant, rather than discuss the COVER STORY of a brand new Batman game by Pandemic. Come on guys. :(

Batman game = licensed = probably is mediocre.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Stoney Mason said:
Thx. That's more the kind of stuff I'm interested in. Like what level a person is when he finishes and how good the middle level and upper level loot is.
which makes it even weirder why the review didn't talk about the replayability factor. unless that GameFAQ user forgot to report it.

_tetsuo_ said:
im a guy, lol. why would you think im a woman?

i thought it would be foolish to assume your gender. If you were a woman, i didn't want to potentially offend you. *shruggs* i dunno, just trying to cover my bases :p

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Stoney Mason said:

straight from the horses mouth

AFAIC, the DMC-type part is the fun part. When I was playing it, the items spawns were really shitty so the majority of your menu management was selling shit off. You have a limited number of slots, so you have to sell off a LOT, which, IMO, really fucks up the flow of the game. We kept begging them to work on the item balance, but they seemed really reluctant to. Maybe they finally did, but I'd be surprised. The armor doesn't start to get really cool until the way-high levels (you'll have to play through about 6 times), so most of it just looks like Splinter Cell suits with slightly palette-swapped versions of the same things over and over

When I was playing, I didn't find "auto salvage" to be any use. Sometimes it wouldn't salvage anything, and sometimes it would get rid of everything.

We were never able to "earn" our way up to the higher levels because we had to re-flash the system with new builds at least once a week, which means starting fresh. We had to cheat to get the tasty bits. The armor improves around level 35, but doesn't get REALLY good until 45, but drops get rarer, IRC.

They were testing 4-player when I started, but it crashed 100%. They reduced it to 2-player right after that.

he doesnt like the loot management, which is one of thebest parts to me lol

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Mamesj said:
he (...she, it, whatever the hell it is) has been using that pic forever.

of course, but Kittonwy coming into a review Too Human's thread + replying to cries for batman with that pic only is funny (at least to me)... works too well

DMczaf

duckroll said:

Because it's the game GAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

GrimyGunZ

Neo Member
_tetsuo_ said:

if this game had 4-8 player online then many people would consider playing it that many times just as diablo 2. but i have a feeling even on the cheap side there wont be many people playing this game online for too long after release.

I think i played thru D2 about 35 times online. I dont think I will be playing thru too human more then 2 times to be honest. once by myself once with a friend.

FoneBone

duckroll said:
We don't know that it's Pandemic. It could be Eidos, which would leave the Dark Knight game in... oh, who the fuck knows.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Mamesj said:
this shit makes me cringe...there is nothing even remotely like DMC in the combat. For starters, you have to press buttons to play dmc.

he was just talking about the combos and stuff. not the actual execution of how they are done

duckroll

FoneBone said:
We don't know that it's Pandemic. It could be Eidos, which would leave the Dark Knight game in... oh, who the fuck knows.

Oh, we don't? Damn I thought that was confirmed! ARGH WE NEED INFO!!!!! :(

Mamesj

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
he was just talking about the combos and stuff. not the actual execution of how they are done

okay, that's just action. games have had combos forever. I don't want too human residue on my DMC :lol

FoneBone

Actually, I'm 99% sure now that it's not Pandemic's game. Eidos has the rights to the comic book Batman, and that sure as heck ain't the movie version.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
duckroll said:
Oh, we don't? Damn I thought that was confirmed! ARGH WE NEED INFO!!!!! :(

i thought it was confirmed that Pandemic was behind the project, i could be wrong though :/
It's not as if an interactive "Dark Knight" wasn't gearing up before the film's release. Game publisher Electronic Arts had the rights to make a "Dark Knight" title, which EA-owned developer Pandemic Studios was working on, according to an EA manager who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the information is proprietary
Mystery as to why there is no video game based on 'Dark Knight'

Mamesj said:
okay, that's just action. games have had combos forever. I don't want too human residue on my DMC :lol
He's clearly referencing the juggling while shooting aspects which at first glance do resemble DMC

Xenon said:
Has there even been a good batman game since things went 3d?

There's a first time for everything, right?

I look forward to reading gameinformer's preview, i'm glad i did that membership thing @ gamestop. So far, with the infamous cover and now this new batman game it looks like i made the right decision.

back on to too human stuff, i'm a bit surprised they didn't talk about replayability too, and again, i'm looking forward to reading that. Also, tetsuo mentioned that one of his favorite parts was loot management, and for me, that's half the fun. playing through the game 6 times is what i'm looking forward to;
Lord
Dyack has said the game really rewards high-level play. Either way, my copy is paid-in-full, I'll be playing the shit out of it, and I can't wait.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
back on to too human stuff, i'm a bit surprised they didn't talk about replayability too, and again, i'm looking forward to reading that. Also, tetsuo mentioned that one of his favorite parts was loot management, and for me, that's half the fun. playing through the game 6 times is what i'm looking forward to; Lord Dyack has said the game really rewards high-level play. Either way, my copy is paid-in-full, I'll be playing the shit out of it, and I can't wait.

Well ya, im still getting it. The only reviews i really give any weight to are eurogamer's, gametrailers and game-revolution's. I knew some 6's were going to come for Too Human, but it will get some good reviews as well. Probably end up hovering around 80% at gamerankings, maybe 75.

Top Bottom