• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer reviews Too Human. Evilore 1, Dyack 0. Who cares?! We want the BATMAN!

duckroll said:
I'll be honest, brutally honest. I find this appalling. Game Informer has pretty terrible reviews in general, and just because the game is Too Human doesn't make a damn difference. I'm sickened that people would rather talk about their review of Too Human, which is pretty insignificant, rather than discuss the COVER STORY of a brand new Batman game by Pandemic. Come on guys. :(
It's all... part of the plan.

bateman.jpg

border

Yeah, that's not good but it's about the score I would expect from someone who doesn't get very hyped for this sort of genre.

It's probably a bad sign that Game Informer is low-balling it since they hype anything that will remotely sell......but TH will probably get a bump from IGN that offsets this.

border

duckroll said:
I'm sickened that people would rather talk about their review of Too Human, which is pretty insignificant, rather than discuss the COVER STORY of a brand new Batman game by Pandemic. Come on guys. :(
Nobody is allowed to post scans, what do you really want here?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm an Xbox fan and I've always had my reservations about this game. The demo reconfirmed my reservations.

GhaleonEB

duckroll said:
Oh, we don't? Damn I thought that was confirmed! ARGH WE NEED INFO!!!!! :(
That's the thing. What do we know about that game right now? A new Batman game is coming. Awesome!

So...

...um....

...how 'bout that Too Human score? What a big bucket of fail, eh?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
_tetsuo_ said:
Well ya, im still getting it. The only reviews i really give any weight to are eurogamer's, gametrailers and game-revolution's. I knew some 6's were going to come for Too Human, but it will get some good reviews as well. Probably end up hovering around 80% at gamerankings, maybe 75.
wasn't the deal that GAF will be "OWNED by Dyack" if the meta score is above 7? :lol

GenericPseudonym said:
Too Human has been around for a god damn long time, every 360 game that was even mentioned in late 2005 is already out, except for this. I guess the preorders have just piled up over the last two and a half years.

I can see some people getting a call for their preorder saying their game is in and wondering what is going on.

Xenon

xS1TH L0RDx said:
There's a first time for everything, right?

True. Still, Im keeping my expectations low.

xS1TH L0RDx said:
back on to too human stuff, i'm a bit surprised they didn't talk about replayability too, and again, i'm looking forward to reading that. Also, tetsuo mentioned that one of his favorite parts was loot management, and for me, that's half the fun. playing through the game 6 times is what i'm looking forward to;
Lord
Dyack has said the game really rewards high-level play. Either way, my copy is paid-in-full, I'll be playing the shit out of it, and I can't wait.

This is one thing I hardly see mentioned. Too Human has done away with the scrap metal collecting system of hauling shit to the store to sell. I love this about the game.

As far as the lack of health potions, I can see people playing the game like Diablo having a problem. Where you could normally just charge in and heal as you fight, TH makes you monitor your heath much more closely. Once you start getting low you have to back off and try to pick guys off and pray for some health drops. I had a few instances in the demo where I was near death and fighting my way through it without dying was a blast.

Tiktaalik

Holy shit if Game Informer is going to score this game this low, then we can expect to see scores in the realm of 4-5 from EGM and EDGE.

Should I bump my "when Too Human bombs..." thread? :lol

I sort of feel vindicated that the critical reception will likely be tuned to my feelings about the demo, but on the other hand, I can never feel happy when a game fails. I feel bad for those at Silicon Knights.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Xenon said:
As far as the lack of health potions, I can see people playing the game like Diablo having a problem. Where you could normally just charge in and heal as you fight, TH makes you monitor your heath much more closely. Once you start getting low you have to back off and try to pick guys off and pray for some health drops. I had a few instances in the demo where I was near death and fighting my way through it without dying was a blast.

THis happened to me a lot as a commando, seeing as he has a tendency to get surrounded if you arent careful.

border

Hellsing321 said:
Doesn't mean they can't read the article and post the interesting tidbits. You know, Like they did for the Too Human review.
You see, my question was a social experiment designed to make people consider the inate hypocrisy of allowing content/information to be stolen wholesale while trying to put a pretty face on it by banning scans.

[/dyack]

"Will you be taking the 6.75, master Informer?"

"In the middle of the day? Not very subtle, GAF."

"The 7 then, much more subtle."

Andvary

starblade said:
That's probably pointing out the obvious, but this is the same game-informer that gave critically dichastic games like Assassin's creed and Lair decent scores. If you don't get a sugar coating from game-informer, I'd expect the more objective and austere reviewers to mop the floor with low scores.

I shutter at the Edge score...

What score did Game informer give to Lair?

Top Bottom