• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer reviews Too Human. Evilore 1, Dyack 0. Who cares?! We want the BATMAN!

Riddler

deepbrown said:
DIdn't they give Lair 9/10? If so...don't you think Gameinformer can't be trusted? Or that Game Informer inflates scores? You decide.

Edit. No they gave it 7.25 and 8.

Dont forget Prizefighter got I think a 8.

edit: oops GI online says 7.5 not 8

Anyways I'm also shocked about the "Bad story" comment considering how accurate and deep it was/is suppose to be.

I think it'll be atleast a rental and if I get hooked on the loot collecting and co-op I'm sure I'll need to buy it to get those epic armors.

FightyF

Banned
Doubledex said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I stopped reading here...! Crap-game confirmed

6.75 means crap game?

I thought the bet was that the game had to be "shitty"?

If the game isn't shitty, I have to pay $250 to the charity of Dyack's choice.

U K Narayan said:
This is, for the most part, true.

I'm still getting this game, and I'm still going to love it.

Did you even play the demo? If you enjoyed it then good for you, the vast majority probably didnt. Couldn't even bring myself to finish the demo.

jimbo

Banned
I just wanted to say that I played the demo for the first time last night and I really enjoyed it. I liked everything about it, from the way it started, to the combat system, art style and characters. The animation is a little stiff, deffinitely not one of the more polished games I've played, but I really enjoyed the pace and the amount of enemies that you fought. It certainly started with a bang.

In all honesty the only two things that annoyed me is the camera at times and also how fast you got new weapons. It made me go to the items screen too often, and I can also see it taking away from the interest and excitement of new weapons when they come by so easily. Unless it's like PSO where everything I got so far is the crappy stuff, and there's RAREs to look out for.

Sorry for interrupting the hate fest, which by the way, when it comes to this game, is by far the worst I have ever seen on GAF. There deffinitely won't be too many objective opinions on here, so I would advise most people to try it for themselves and see what you think.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
jimbo said:
I just wanted to say that I played the demo for the first time last night and I really enjoyed it. I liked everything about it, from the way it started, to the combat system, art style and characters. The animation is a little stiff, deffinitely not one of the more polished games I've played, but I really enjoyed the pace and the amount of enemies that you fought. It certainly started with a bang.

In all honesty the only two things that annoyed me is the camera at times and also how fast you got new weapons. It made me go to the items screen too often, and I can also see it taking away from the interest and excitement of new weapons when they come by so easily. Unless it's like PSO where everything I got so far is the crappy stuff, and there's RAREs to look out for.

Sorry for interrupting the hate fest, which by the way, when it comes to this game, is by far the worst I have ever seen on GAF. There deffinitely won't be too many objective opinions on here, so I would advise most people to try it for themselves and see what you think.

Wha...?

Come the fuck on. You can like what you want but if you like anything about that game you seriously need to play more good games. I am not saying that there wont be people who will like this game. And as big Dyack seems to be dick , thats totally fine with me. I mean I dont like playing through a game 6 times to finally get to good loots. But hey everybody has his own taste. But to say that EVERYTHING there is gold is just Dyack suckingly blind.

Cheerilee

Mama Robotnik said:
dyackmadred.gif

:lol :lol :lol

[/thread]

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
jimbo said:

if you followed the demo thread you'll find that a LOT of gaffers have tried it and some share you opinion of the game. but look closely at the comments and you'll notice that most have an issue with Dyack, and not his game (ok some has issues with it). i'm sure you know why.

also, what you're describing as "worst i've ever seen on GAF" is nothing compared to what's waiting for him when he loses the infamous "for/against" bet. so i say stick around, enjoy too human, but try to enjoy this Dramedy even more ;).

deepbrown

FightyF said:
6.75 means crap game?

No...it has to be not worse than Lair and Haze.

Cheerilee

FightyF said:
6.75 means crap game?

Amir0x said the game was shitty, based on his own personal right to say that anything is shitty. I wouldn't mind if he said that my game was shitty. It'd mean I made a game.

Denis came to the GAF and said the game was even better than Eternal Darkness and that the masses would agree with him and the GAF would be proven wrong (because apparently we're all a hivemind that follows Amir0x), and gave the GAF permission to set the specific bet terms.

EviLore turned down tag bets as unenforceable, and offered to give $2000 to charity if Too Human scored better than Eternal Darkness (on Metacritic, where it scored 92), but said Denis would have to do the same if it scored less.

Denis turned tail and whined about the 92, suggesting Lair (53) and Haze (55) as better goalposts, and refused the idea of a money bet outright, insisting on a tag bet.

There was no agreement reached on bet terms, but there's obviously a general sense that we'll all laugh at Denis to varying degrees depending on which goalposts Too Human fails to meet. And then Denis said that he was just pulling our legs. Conducting a social experiment. Lying. Trolling.

Even if you agreed to Denis' non-finalized terms (a tag bet on whether or not SK will beat 53-55%, and you may have even kicked in an unmatched offer of your own money) when EviLore didn't approve them, you don't have to pay up because Denis has already chickened out of the deal. If you really feel that you lost and you want to pay up somehow, you can be a man and do it, but you can't pay to Denis' choice of charities because Denis would have to be a real piece of shit to ask you to go through with it at this point by telling you what his favorite charity happens to be.

ruby_onix said:
Amir0x said the game was shitty, based on his own personal right to say that anything is shitty. I wouldn't mind if he said that my game was shitty. It'd mean I made a game.

Denis came to the GAF and said the game was even better than Eternal Darkness and that the masses would agree with him and the GAF would be proven wrong (because apparently we're all a hivemind that follows Amir0x), and gave the GAF permission to set the specific bet terms.

EviLore turned down tag bets as unenforceable, and offered to give $2000 to charity if Too Human scored better than Eternal Darkness (on Metacritic, where it scored 92), but said Denis would have to do the same if it scored less.

Denis turned tail and whined about the 92, suggesting Lair (53) and Haze (55) as better goalposts, and refused the idea of a money bet outright, insisting on a tag bet.

There was no agreement reached on bet terms, but there's obviously a general sense that we'll all laugh at Denis to varying degrees depending on which goalposts Too Human fails to meet. And then Denis said that he was just pulling our legs. Conducting a social experiment. Lying. Trolling.

Even if you agreed to Denis' non-finalized terms (a tag bet on whether or not SK will beat 53-55%, and you may have even kicked in an unmatched offer of your own money) when EviLore didn't approve them, you don't have to pay up because Denis has already chickened out of the deal. If you really feel that you lost and you want to pay up somehow, you can be a man and do it, but you can't pay to Denis' choice of charities because Denis would have to be a real piece of shit to ask you to go through with it at this point by telling you what his favorite charity happens to be.

What a GAF centric view of events.

Truant

If the story is as accurate as have been stated, maybe GI aren't digging Norse mythology?

Anyway, a disappointing score, but I wouldn't consider it a serious outing, considering that GI view 6.75 as a 'Below average' score.

Hwang Seong-Gyeong said:
Did you even play the demo? If you enjoyed it then good for you, the vast majority probably didnt. Couldn't even bring myself to finish the demo.
I don't care.

And, yes, I did play the demo. I enjoyed it a lot.

Dina

Red Scarlet said:
Sure he does, when he has a shitty host that stops showing the bigass gif he puts up.

Yea, kinda.

Well photobucket isn't too bad (even recommended in the neogaf FAQ avatar post), but it is for big gifs.

Amir0x

Banned
Where the fuck is the Batman shit, I thought we were all tired of shitting on this crappy Too Human game already christ

Broseybrose

i know this is a total noob question but why am i seeing "bandwidth exceded upload to pro today" instead of the im sure its awesome judging by the responses dyackmadred.gif?
edit- nevermind :lol

Amir0x said:
Where the fuck is the Batman shit, I thought we were all tired of shitting on this crappy Too Human game already christ

A bunch of teenagers who have been insulted never forget.

Of course, this could have been avoided by reigning in this shit long before it got out of hand.

Cardon

I can't wait for what Dyack has to say about this review but in the meantime I think this is rather fitting:
JokerHA.gif

Batman info please.

Cheerilee

The Innocent X said:
A bunch of teenagers who have been insulted never forget.
Who exactly are you accusing of being a teenager?

Of course, this could have been avoided by reigning in this shit long before it got out of hand.
How? By banning Denis? He's been the one stirring up shit for the past two years.

Peter Molyneux feels sorry for Denis, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if more gaffers have given Too Human more of a chance than they gave Fable (Metacritic 85) because of these publicity stunts.

Denis Dyack said:
There's going to be a point where they step over the line where someone's going to shut them down. That would be a loss for everyone.... The question I have to ask the moderators of GAF: Are you going to follow your own rules? With people making GIFs of myself that are, I would say, attacking me.... Why haven't 180 people been banned now? If I wanted to move in and shut that place down, do I have grounds under their own forum policy?
14azs6a.jpg

2cfwd4x.gif

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Red Scarlet said:
Sure he does, when he has a shitty host that stops showing the bigass gif he puts up.

he's not that stupid ;) he already sent me a couple of mirrors...
does anyone have problems viewing it? i just cleared my cache and i'm still able to view it :/

ElyrionX

I found the demo strangely addictive but there definitely were problems with it. For example, that whole whittle down the robot's health then jump on it and try to balance yourself to stab it and kill it thing was one of the most retarded and stupid thing I have ever seen or done in a videogame. It was poorly animated and it was an incredibly retarded game mechanic that had no ingame explanation whatsoever. 6.75 sounds about right.

Dyack must be insane to be talking so much trash about GAF when his game is obviously so flawed. Either that or he must be extremely deluded.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
hmmmmm the news about the review and scan accompanying it has been pulled from N4G (it was the top story). that's the first time i notice a scan being pulled. clearly someone is pissed, either GI or Dyack :lol

Chrange

Banned
ElyrionX said:
For example, that whole whittle down the robot's health then jump on it and try to balance yourself to stab it and kill it thing was one of the most retarded and stupid thing I have ever seen or done in a videogame. It was poorly animated and it was an incredibly retarded game mechanic that had no ingame explanation whatsoever. 6.75 sounds about right.

You know you don't have to jump on them, right? You can just shoot them or stab them to death.

If you want an explanation of what you were supposed to do...maybe you could check the ingame listing of 'advanced tactics' :p

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The Innocent X said:
But muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.. He staaaaarted it.
i never really understood your stance when it comes to Too Human and Dyack, so up tight...
where's your sense of humor, u don't really believe that if GAF keeps this attitude it'll affect the game's performance (or the industry in its entirety as hinted my Mr.Dyack) do you. :/

I reckon Dyack would have taken the charity bet if, instead of saying that Too Human would outscore Eternal Darkness's 92, Too Human would out Metacritic score The Twin Snakes, which is a more manageable 85.

eznark

Banned
so when do the rest of the reviews hit? If there is an embargo they better get out there and lift that shit. Don't want this to be the only review sitting out there for a week...unless this is the peak.

Top Bottom