• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer reviews Too Human. Evilore 1, Dyack 0. Who cares?! We want the BATMAN!

Jinfash said:
i never really understood your stance when it comes to Too Human and Dyack, so up tight...
where's your sense of humor, u don't really believe that if GAF keeps this attitude it'll affect the game's performance (or the industry in its entirety as hinted my Mr.Dyack) do you. :/

As someone who might buy the game, it annoys me when every thread is cluttered with the same old crap, drowning out anything that might be interesting. The mods do nothing, and so anyone who is interested in the game is left annoyed. This thread is another thread dragged into the shit by the childishness.

Won

The Innocent X said:
As someone who might buy the game, it annoys me when every thread is cluttered with the same old crap, drowning out anything that might be interesting. The mods do nothing, and so anyone who is interested in the game is left annoyed. This thread is another thread dragged into the shit by the childishness.

I agree. The Batman love on this board is quite annoying.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The Innocent X said:
seriously what did you think the point of the whole thread was? READ THE TITLE!
and if you're worried about TH not getting a chance at a "mature" thread then take a look at this:

Tobor said:
Since Bish is in here, and possibly other Mods as well, I'll ask again. How is the official thread for this game going to be treated? I'm still buying this game, I'm hoping to enjoy it, and I'm hoping to have actual discussion about the game itself here on GAF, as always.

Is there too much bad blood at this point to expect that? Is a separation of Church and State even possible now?
bishoptl said:
Oh, it'll be fine. I'll string up a few bodies outside the gates as warning and you guys can get on with the chit-chat. I'm definitely going to be playing the game and in the thread.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11830950&postcount=1442

The Innocent X said:

This is why 4 Player Co-Op would have been so nice. Now only two people at a time can have a decent conversation about the game.

I mean, it's possible that threads like these will absorb all that stuff and the official thread will be a safe haven. I remember so many news and review threads that saved my precious Rock Band and Rock Band 2 threads from contamination.

Hope, my friend.

EDIT: Looks like we've got nothing to worry about.

:D

Jinfash said:
seriously what did you think the point of the whole thread was? READ THE TITLE!

I had the crazy idea there might be some discussion of the review content and/or some of the other stuff in EGM. I apologise.

As for the official thread, we'll see. I think we're up to about 30 is trolled threads so far.

Cheerilee

The Innocent X said:
But muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum.. He staaaaarted it.
Right, so I seem to be the one you're accusing of being a teenager/child. I thought it might've been Amir0x, since you quoted his lack of interest. I suppose I could prove my age of 32, but unless it results in your ban, I don't see the point.

Here.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318653
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324994

Two disasters plainly caused by Dyack. I'm not going to bother digging up links of him attacking the entire freaking system after his bad E3 showing, him calling for/reveling in the death of E3, suing Epic, cutting the four-player mode, or him jumping Kittonwy.

Now you show me a Dyack thread started by or clearly highjacked by a gaf mod for the sole purpose of telling all of us hivemind folk that we should hate the man for no reason.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The Innocent X said:
I had the crazy idea there might be some discussion of the review content and/or some of the other stuff in EGM. I apologise.

As for the official thread, we'll see. I think we're up to about 30 is trolled threads so far.
didn't you just read what bish had to say? sheesh lighten up already.

ruby_onix said:
Right, so I seem to be the one you're accusing of being a teenager/child. I thought it might've been Amir0x, since you quoted his lack of interest. I suppose I could prove my age of 32, but unless it results in your ban, I don't see the point.

Here.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318653
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324994

Two disasters plainly caused by Dyack. I'm not going to bother digging up links of him attacking the entire freaking system after his bad E3 showing, him calling for/reveling in the death of E3, suing Epic, cutting the four-player mode, or him jumping Kittonwy.

Now you show me a Dyack thread started by or clearly highjacked by a gaf mod for the sole purpose of telling all of us hivemind folk that we should hate the man for no reason.

But this isn't a thread about an interview or some new dumb ass thing he's said. This about the game. The one that like hundreds of other people worked on. I think Innocent is saying he'd have thought that running over the same shit would have either

a) Petered out be now
or
b) Kept one of the dozen threads about something Dyack specifically said alive and throbbing with hate

Cheerilee

BenjaminBirdie said:
But this isn't a thread about an interview or some new dumb ass thing he's said. This about the game. The one that like hundreds of other people worked on. I think Innocent is saying he'd have thought that running over the same shit would have either

a) Petered out be now
or
b) Kept one of the dozen threads about something Dyack specifically said alive and throbbing with hate
Mr Innocent suggested that GAF was a bunch of whiny fanboys.

Someone asked how this score affects his own bet results.

I explained the specifics of the bet.

Mr Innocent complained that there was too much GAF-specific content in my explanation.

Amir0x said he was tired of the subject.

Mr Innocent accused people of being insulted teenagers. Said things should've been stopped before they got out of hand.

I suggested that Dyack has been the origin of most of it, as it's an effective marketing campaign (top-ten most played game on Live for two weeks because Dyack insisted that we all need to DL his demo before we're allowed to have an opinion).

Mr Innocent suggested that I was a whiny child. Suggested that Dyack never started anything, more that I did.

I offered supporting evidence.

Do try to keep up.

Jinfash said:
6.75 / 10

o6egl1.gif

FightyF said:
6.75 means crap game?

I thought the bet was that the game had to be "shitty"?

If the game isn't shitty, I have to pay $250 to the charity of Dyack's choice.

I think the cut-off for 'shitty' is 5.2, but I'm not sure. We should consult Astrolad for an official ruling.

ruby_onix said:
Mr Innocent suggested that GAF was a bunch of whiny fanboys.

Someone asked how this score affects his own bet results.

I explained the specifics of the bet.

Mr Innocent complained that there was too much GAF-specific content in my explanation.

Amir0x said he was tired of the subject.

Mr Innocent accused people of being insulted teenagers. Said things should've been stopped before they got out of hand.

I suggested that Dyack has been the origin of most of it, as it's an effective marketing campaign (top-ten most played game on Live for two weeks because Dyack insisted that we all need to DL his demo before we're allowed to have an opinion).

Mr Innocent suggested that I was a whiny child. Suggested that Dyack never started anything, more that I did.

I offered supporting evidence.

Do try to keep up.

*writes down, shorthand*

Calcaneus

Maybe the celebrations shouldn't start yet, I mean there are only two reviews, one extremely positive review and one "meh" review.

This thread is gonna look pretty wierd of the majority of the remaining reviews are extremely positive as well.

The Innocent X said:
Spot on. If I see this garbage in the official thread, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Cheerilee

Calcaneus said:
Maybe the celebrations shouldn't start yet, I mean there are only two reviews, one extremely positive review and one "meh" review.

This thread is gonna look pretty wierd of the majority of the remaining reviews are extremely positive as well.
All the more reason to do it now.

i4lg9h.jpg

Xenon

I think we need a thread like this so neogaf can have a place to vent. Maybe that will help keep the official thread free of this garbage. Sure I find some of it funny but it does prevent any useful conversation about the game.

As far as who started it, I would have to say Dennis is the cause of most of the BS surrounding the game. Ironically because he does not know how to play “the game.” Every developer who works in this industry has to deal with getting expo preview builds ready and reactions to said build. Its one thing to say “fuck that” and deal with the consequences, but to then turn around and try to blame the system for it is pathetic. If Dennis had just stated that it was still a work in progress and we should wait for the finished product instead of trying to place responsibility of TH bad showing on a member of the press and the industry, along with his other antics, the tone for these threads would have been different.

That said, after playing the demo, Too Human is my most anticipated game this year. So even though I haven’t been a fan of Dyack’s actions I do have a deep respect for what he and his team have accomplished.

PSGames

The Innocent X said:

I agree. It's very hard to get any decent discussion going with this game, if you say anything positive you're immediately called crazy, bad taste, etc... so anyone that actually likes the game doesn't even bother to post.

Thankfully Bish said he'd patrol the official thread, I'm hopeful it will get better from there.

U K Narayan said:
Spot on. If I see this garbage in the official thread, I'm going to be very disappointed.

true, there are people interested in this game and they deserve a thread that is just for info.

but Dyack had this one coming. the title basicly gives it away....

but trolling is bad, m'kay.
MrMackey.gif

Let me get this the developer of Too Human make a thread here once,calling for who was in for Too Human and who was out,and that if Too Human deliver people people that had against had to put he words ""owned by Too Human"". Is this right.?

Wow is the first time i have see something like this from developer,so if he loss what was he suppose to put.?

Raistlin

So the game scored WAYYYYYYY below a point per year in development? :lol

BTW - that start trek gif in the OP is amazing :p

tabsina

just came back from seeing dark knight again...

please tell me some info has come out on the batman game since i left...

please

Where is he...

Where?

If the TH fans want legitimate troll-free discussion my suggestion is to start the official thread early. Gaf has a score to settle with Dyack here.

lol, if the review scored it 2 points hire people would still be using the lair review to show how bad Too Human is. Oh GAF, never change ;)

It's one review, if there's a new thread dedicated to ever <7 review for this game the front page will be flooded.

tanod

when is my burrito
TheRagnCajun said:
If the TH fans want legitimate troll-free discussion my suggestion is to start the official thread early. Gaf has a score to settle with Dyack here.

Even though Lair was legimately terrible, people had to tolerate the hate that spilled over into the HS thread that came out around the same time. Off-topic jabs at Dyack or TH will be common and prevalent over the next month or so, no matter the thread.

tanod said:
Even though Lair was legimately terrible, people had to tolerate the hate that spilled over into the HS thread that came out around the same time. Off-topic jabs at Dyack or TH will be common and prevalent over the next month or so, no matter the thread.

Sure, but as many posters already mentioned, Bish has pledged to moderate the official thread heavily.

ravien56

The official thread for this game is gonna be interesting when this comes out, all the people who actually buy the game are gonna be ignored by everyone pissing on it who doesnt play it>_<

mh56 said:
The official thread for this game is gonna be interesting when this comes out, all the people who actually buy the game are gonna be ignored by everyone pissing on it who doesnt play it>_<

Same with all games, just with different proportions of people.

FoeHammer

I can't wait for the Batman info even though I'm a complete disgrace because I have yet to see the Dark Knight.

Too bad about Too Human. I enjoyed the demo but with all the games coming out this fall, I may have to wait for a price drop. I can't believe they scrapped the 4 player co-op and story scenes in 2 player. Those are both huge mistakes in my book.

Snaku

Banned
FoeHammer said:
I can't wait for the Batman info even though I'm a complete disgrace because I have yet to see the Dark Knight.

It's not too late. You can redeem yourself and add to TDK's box office this weekend. It needs all the help it can get against that second rate TV Star Wars cartoon.

loosus said:
Wow. I have no idea about that. :lol Way to show'em, Dyack.

That wasn't what happened though, Dyack merely referred to the comparisons brought up by GAFfers who claimed the game will be the 360 equivalent of those two pieces of shit.

FrankT

mh56 said:

Just as easy to ignore the whiners. :D

Tiktaalik said:
Holy shit if Game Informer is going to score this game this low, then we can expect to see scores in the realm of 4-5 from EGM and EDGE.

Should I bump my "when Too Human bombs..." thread? :lol

I sort of feel vindicated that the critical reception will likely be tuned to my feelings about the demo, but on the other hand, I can never feel happy when a game fails. I feel bad for those at Silicon Knights.

Ah, so you still think the game isn't going to sale. Ah well as I've said before August NPD is going to be really delicious.

PSGames

TheRagnCajun said:

Anyone that truly feels this way needs to seek professional help.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Game Informer breaks news on a new, original 3rd-person Batman game and all we care about is some score for Too Human?

PRIORITIES, PEOPLE. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

Francias Castiglione said:
That wasn't what happened though, Dyack merely referred to the comparisons brought up by GAFfers who claimed the game will be the 360 equivalent of those two pieces of shit.

yeah, it's nowhere near as bad as Lair. dman, even bought that game because i was so curious. they really made all the wrong decisions... progressive mesh was a nice tech though...

EMBee99 said:
Game Informer breaks news on a new, original 3rd-person Batman game and all we care about is some score for Too Human?

PRIORITIES, PEOPLE. WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?

seriously, who is reading this article and not giving us bullet points~!?

ypo

Dyack claimed his game will be better than most games this year. So technically is 6.75 better than most games? :lol

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Stoney Mason said:
I've yet to play a loot game where the story was anything other than a thin excuse to hump around from dungeon to dungeon and do fetch quests.

Uncharted's story was at least better than the latest Indiana Jones flick, and I mean that VERY sincerely. I felt like I was part of a movie for a big chunk of that game. I also dig the Half Life storyline, though it's simple, it still feels good and appropriate.

Top Bottom