• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Sept Cover: Dragon Age Inquisition [Up: Article Details In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to it. Even if it turns out to be another DA2 I'd still play it. DA2 was fun, even if some aspects of it was unpolished.

The longer development time given to this game I'm sure makes it a much better game than DA2.

Same here. Keeping my expectations super low, but hoping that BioWare learned something from the reception for DA2. At the very least, the fact that it's open-world means that hopefully we'll see some variety in the environments.

Quentyn

Setup sounds similar to Mass Effect 2 to me. You are not part of the Chantry, you are building your own team to reform the inquisition.

I am super excited for this game. If they can give me a more open world and still deliver the story and the characters, this could be an amazing game.

A story about demons coming out of a portal has to be the most uninteresting, laziest plot for a fantasy game to have. How have we not moved past this.

Perkel

Banned
The Shit Mountain strikes back !

I have 0 hopes and i am 100% sure game will include romances were culmination is short awkward sex scene.
I would give it 10/11 if it would include horse which you could date.

Kade

Threadshitting: the Thread.

At this point it's almost like swinging by the comics thread and saying "I hate comics" or the Spanish thread and saying "I don't speak Spanish".

This is the state of gaming side post-E3 unfortunately. I'll never understand why people go into threads for things they're not interested in just to state they're not interested and then leave for good never elaborating or contributing to discussion. Even worse is when a game has a meme surrounding it and people who've shown no interest in the game rush to post the meme after reading the thread title.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Setup sounds similar to Mass Effect 2 to me. You are not part of the Chantry, you are building your own team to reform the inquisition.

Judging by their statements so far, the previous games, and that survey, you're trying to solve the following problems:

1.)
Invading demons from the Fade.
2.)
The war between the mages and the templars.
3.)
The civil war in Orlais and/or Orlais invading Ferelden.

ironcreed

Banned
Judging by their statements so far, the previous games, and that survey, you're trying to solve the following problems:

1.)
Invading demons from the Fade.
2.)
The war between the mages and the templars.
3.)
The civil war in Orlais and/or Orlais invading Ferelden.

Indeed, that is all Dragon Age and it's fine with me. Of course I can't wait to see the developments with Morrigan and the god child, which will no doubt be playing a central role that will surely include Flemeth as well. Good stuff.

jn4DvfqMpHrBS.png

RPGCrazied

Has there been any screenshots yet of the game? I'm glad they are fixing the environment problem that was plagued in 2. If its anything like Origins, this could be my 2014 goty.

Dysun

We were all hoping for L4D3

Got Bioware

Biggest disappointment ever.

For you maybe, L4D is one of the most boring games I've ever played.

Dragon Age 2 was a bust, I hope they can redeem the series with 3. DA:O was a great game, those devs are still around

Pooya

Sounds promising. Maybe I go and finish 2 if they share story events and seemingly characters.

Looking at the HUD, looks like 3 abilities are mapped to XYB like previous games and those 4 icon on the left are passive abilities? or menus maybe. Hard to say how combat is from that tiny bit, it's probably still cool down based.

Celegus

Woohooo, can play a dwarf again! Looks pretty good to me so far, I still have faith they can turn it around. DA:O was one fine game.

RPGCrazied

Open world? Also, anyone notice they aren't calling this Dragon Age 3? It seems to be just Dragon Age: Inquisition.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
The return of selectable races for your main character?

...my interest level has risen from "none" to "we'll see."

I'm going to continue to be doubtful until release, but I really hope Bioware can deliver with this game.

Truant

Count me as optimistic. It seems like they might be learning from their mistakes.

Bioware learned they were mortal with TOR, DA2 and ME3.

It's only natural that measures were taken in order to get the company back on track. There's no such thing as a Call of Duty audience. RPG's aren't necessarily for everyone. And last but not least; don't forget your core audience - the fans.

I hope they've learned their lesson.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not interested.
I never actually thought it would have been L4D3 but I still feel disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom