• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer's next cover is Assassin's Creed: Origins [Up: All details inside]

Roufianos

Eh, some people make a distinction between the two and I didn't want to potentially start a discussion about that or offend anyone or whatever.

It's not offensive to tell the historical truth. I don't see why anyone should be sensitive to FYROM's feelings, a country that's stolen and actively misappropriates Macedonian history.

Historians certainly aren't and actively criticise them.

pitchfork

I think this just shot to the top of my most wanted list!

Can't wait to see this in action (hopefully) at tomorrows Xbox conference

Toa TAK

Banned
A
Medjai
you say?
oded-fehr.jpg

Medjay
? Wasn't those the dudes that protected the Mummy's Tomb lol
I love you guys.

Fbh

Sounds great. If the combat and stealth are as improved as it sounds then I'm in.

Feels weird being hyped about Assassin's Creed again.

Gurish

Never been interested in AC but those details sounds damn good.

It's probably gonna blow some minds seeing it tomorrow running on Scorpio...

Warablo

Unity and Syndicate open worlds were amazing. Im suprised people didnt play the games just for that.

Also, Rogue is really good if you enjoyed ACIV.

Wating their turn was already alot gone in Unity tho.

It wasn't. They diminished it, but it was never truly gone. Coupled with the fact that, once you were stuck in an animation, you couldn't dodge enemy attacks or enemies couldn't even hit you.

No more countering is the one thing I am truly happy about. After 9 Assassin's Creeds, it is about damn time they are finally changing things by the sound of it.

Unity and Syndicate open worlds were amazing. Im suprised people didnt play the games just for that.

Because beautiful open worlds will not entice people to play further if the world is filled with pointless filler and a terrible story.

Granted. Syndicate was a step forward but it still had its problems.

Theorry

It wasn't. They diminished it, but it was never truly gone. Coupled with the fact that, once you were stuck in an animation, you couldn't dodge enemy attacks or enemies couldn't even hit you.

No more countering is the one thing I am truly happy about. After 9 Assassin's Creeds, it is about damn time they are finally changing things by the sound of it.

Well you can never fully get rid of it. Because if they swarm you can can never have normal fights. 2 or maybe 3 people attacking you at the same time is the limit really. More and it becomes a mess. Same with countering. It still a valid tactic. Sure AC did it about to much and was to easy but to complety remove it wouldnt be smart.

I just want the modern day parts completely gone. Take that shit out. Make it a proper period-piece. Please.

Never played an assassins creed game, and every time i'm about to try one i check some reviews or videos and the modern day sections put me off every single time.
Can someone who has played this series please tell me how much of the games are modern day office stuff percentage wise.
Was keen on trying black flag maybe?

dex3108

Never played an assassins creed game, and every time i'm about to try one i check some reviews or videos and the modern day sections put me off every single time.
Can someone who has played this series please tell me how much of the games are modern day office stuff percentage wise.

Maybe around 10%.

Theorry

Arround 15% or something.

UrbanRats

Very low, but it changes from game to game.
Pre-AC4 ones had more substantial sections.

It was much better when we got play as Desmond and not this office bs.

SomTervo

All sounds amazing EXCEPT run up and run down buttons being removed. When you got the hang of that system, it was awesome.

I guess too many people struggled with it. Again, crouch is still in, so maybe you can still hold crouch to go down.

And the more Souls like approach to combat? All sounds bloody exciting.

It's only taken them 10 years to really right the series' wrongs.

Syndicate and Rogue have practically nothing and are both very worth playing. Unity and 4 have a fair bit. 1-3 have tons and it's painful.

All sounds amazing EXCEPT run up and run down buttons being removed. When you got the hang of that system, it was awesome.

I guess too many people struggled with it. Again, crouch is still in, so maybe you can still hold crouch to go down.

And the more Souls like approach to combat? All sounds bloody exciting.

It's only taken them 10 years to really right the series' wrongs.

Syndicate and Rogue have practically nothing and are both very worth playing. Unity and 4 have a fair bit. 1-3 have tons and it's painful.

Running up and down buildings was a breeze with that A/B method. How can anyone have trouble with it?

SomTervo

Running up and down buildings was a breeze with that A/B method. How can anyone have trouble with it?

Visit any Unity/Syndicate thread :/ i think what people struggled with was "press nothing to free run straight ahead". Some people would always hold circle or X thinking it was necessary, making it impossible for them to run level.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I have a theory that the "all AC games play the same" crowd extended to them actually attempting to play the games the exact same way, i.e. still constantly holding RT+A

I'm liking the sound of this, seems like they have taken that extra year and made a lot of changes to the AC formula, can't wait to see this in action now.

I don't want to hype myself up too much, but I went from having build up a huge fatigue for AC to being very damn curious about this one. Sounds like they really brought some much needed changes and improvements.

zkorejo

No counter on the combat has me worried, that means no parry?

No parry makes for not a very fun combat system IMO.

IIRC one of the leaks said the combat will be like For Honor. It had both Sidestep and Parry.

We know so far that R1 is for light attack, R2 for Heavt, R1+R2 for rage special attacks, L1 for locking onto a target, I am pretty sure L2 is parry and X is sidestep.

UrbanRats

IIRC one of the leaks said the combat will be like For Honor. It had both Sidestep and Parry.

We know so far that R1 is for light attack, R2 for Heavt, R1+R2 for rage special attacks, L1 for locking onto a target, I am pretty sure L2 is parry and X is sidestep.
Wonder how that will work with large crowds combat.

Souls doeant handle it too well for one.

zkorejo

Wonder how that will work with large crowds combat.

Souls doeant handle it too well for one.

Like For Honor, I have been in many fights where I was against 3-4 guys, and its really hard to beat them because they are all human players but with that guard system and rage meter, it will not be that difficult to beat the AI.

Plus there is a bow and special effects to weapons like poison and fire. So you can run away, try different tactics. Sounds Fun.

I am really interested to see the combat at E3. I think For Honor had an amazing combat sytem and if they have based it on that but tweaked it to serve in a SP open world game, it can work and it can be amazing if done right.

TimFL

No Co-Op mode... what a bummer. Easily the best addition ever to the AC franchise + Watch_Dogs 2 has it too so double disappointment.

Berto

So, not really the old ancient Egipt but the more recent Greek Ptolomaic one. Im ok with that, I bet we will cross paths with Julius Caesar, Octavian and Marc Anthony. Next games will probably be on Rome and Greece.

Arttemis

So this is Dark Souls Assassin's Creed?

NPC's have a day/night cycle and includes time for them to eat, sleep, work, and "answer the call of nature" • Attack buttons are the right shoulder and trigger • A.I. does not take turns to attack • New combat system is more hit-box driven • As you fight, an adrenaline gauge fills up, and when both attack buttons are pressed powerful attacks are unleashed • Left shoulder button is lock on •

Sounds more like For Honor meets MGSV! I can't be more hyped about that! For Honor's combat system is my favorite thing right now, and it absolutely kicks the crap out of the simplified Arkham combat system they've used for over a decade.

jdstorm

Banned
I hope they finally take this opportunity to gut the terrible excuse of a plot foundation and gun for 'historical fiction' sans the sigh-filled future

Should have been "Assassin's Creation" IMO, brand recognition be damned

Nah. Assasins Creed 5: Initiation would be better (assuming initiation hadn't already been used in something crossmedia)

Arttemis

If it's like For Honor, which it sounds like, you'll point your guard direction with Right Stick (up, left, right), and parrying is done by performing a perfectly timed strong attack in the direction of the incoming attack.

Top Bottom