• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PplrLtQ.png

I want to name the squad..

Wight Flight.

See above. And I would call it TWD level of writing as well. I'm not disillusioned that its hard, but that doesn't also mean it gets a pass. Also, a lot of bad writers get paid a lot of money to write a lot of bad stories. How is this in any way proving the story isn't being poorly written?

No I want your publications

I don't know if you get to decide what is bad writing. If those writers feel good about it, I seriously doubt they care about what jviggy and IcyRhythms on NeoGaf think. I'm not trying to give it a pass. I'm just pointing out that there is a reason they're writing stories, and we're on a forum debating over how well/poorly those stories are written. Until you write something successful, I don't think you have a lot of room to talk. You can have your opinion, it doesn't make it right, and it sure as hell won't change anything.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
See above. And I would call it TWD level of writing as well. I'm not disillusioned that its hard, but that doesn't also mean it gets a pass. Also, a lot of bad writers get paid a lot of money to write a lot of bad stories. How is this in any way proving the story isn't being poorly written?

No I want your publications

You can start with the Hawken graphic novel. Then move onto Tin Gods. Or I don't know any of the movies I've sold or made in the past six years. Check out dj2entertainment.com. This isn't a dick waggling move. I just don't like being called out.

Phased

Ok I'm confused. How can Jon be the rightful heir if he joined the Night watch, lost his titles (known or otherwise), died, came back to life, and no royal decree proclaimed restoring his titles? I don't think getting out of the Night's Watch oath gives him back what titles he lost before, it just frees him to gain new ones.

I mean technically he died and his watch ended. He ceased being Nights Watch at that point. Zombie Jon has nothing keeping him from a throne except being a bastard, which nobody in the north cares about now and also, he isn't one.

**edit** re-reading what you wrote, I don't think titles he didn't know about actually count. He's the rightful heir to the throne and he didn't know that, or even have that title, when he gave his titles away.

Tuck

"You're thinking it right now. You don't want to be, but the thought just wont go away."

Well yeah bitch, you literally just put the idea in my head, so I'm thinking about it.

What a horrid line.

Pastry

Banned
I think they Arya Sansa shit is stupid at this point, I feel like there are bigger plot points hat could be addressed with the two of them then some manufactured horseshit drama.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
How can he currently be King in the North if dying wasn't a refresh button?
Because the Northmen chose him as their King, so they have him a new tittle lol. Technically it should have been Sansas by right during that scene. So clearly as a couple of the other poster who replied to me indicated, no one gives a fuck. Even if Jon is the legitimate heir after everything, Jon's current title was given to him while skipping over the rightful claimant of that title. So eh I suppose Haha.

lmao I can't believe both Jaime and Bronn got back to Kings Landing so easily. Sam may have been the best part of the episode.
Sam was the worst part. Gilly was the best part.

Because the Northmen choose him as their King, so they have him a new tittle lol. Technically it should have been Sansas by right during that scene. So clearly as a couple of the other poster who replied to me indicated, no one gives a fuck. Even if Jon is the legitimate heir after everything, Jon's current title was given to him while skipping over the rightful claimant of that title. So eh I suppose Haha.
Shouldn't it be Bran?

Volimar

You can start with the Hawken graphic novel. Then move onto Tin Gods. Or I don't know any of the movies I've sold or made in the past six years. Check out dj2entertainment.com. This isn't a dick waggling move. I just don't like being called out.

You're making a Life Is Strange series? Will it be live action?

VeeP

"You're thinking it right now. You don't want to be, but the thought just wont go away."

Well yeah bitch, you literally just put the idea in my head, so I'm thinking about it.

What a horrid line.

I don't like Sansa that much, so I'm bias.

But Sansa has spent so much time with clever, manipulative characters. I really think what Arya said was in her head already. Even Sansa's reaction was like oh fuck she's knows I'm thinking it.

TBH, Sansa is smart for thinking like that. It's what would've kept Ned/Robb alive.

also just a few other things about this episode

1. Why didn't Gendry also mention to Jon that he knew and cared about Arya while he was at it and

2. Why didn't Jorah to tell Jon that, hey, as a matter of fact, it was another brother of the Night's Watch that saved my life. Samwell Tarly, you know him?

Seeing as how Jon said Dany wasn't gone long, I'm guessing last episode and this episode took place on the same day. At least, the Jon x Dany scenes were.
The prophecy states 3 children.
huh?

Heshinsi

Sam was the worst part. Gilly was the best part.

Shouldn't it be Bran?
It should, but no one knew that Bran was alive when Lady Mornont started a hype brigade that ended with Jon being declared King in the North. So Sansa at that moment was the true monarch they should have chosen had they followed custom.

CheckMate

Remember how Cersei forced Sansa to write how Joffrey is a true king and told Robb to bend the knee? That's what was on the scroll.

What's the point? To make Arya suspicious of Sansa?

I don't see where this subplot going other then
having the girls outsmart and ambush LF then taking him out
:-/

jviggy43

I don't know if you get to decide what is bad writing. If those writers feel good about it, I seriously doubt they care about what jviggy and IcyRhythms on NeoGaf think. I'm not trying to give it a pass. I'm just pointing out that there is a reason they're writing stories, and we're on a forum debating over how well/poorly those stories are written. Until you write something successful, I don't think you have a lot of room to talk. You can have your opinion, it doesn't make it right, and it sure as hell won't change anything.
And I'm not saying everyone needs to be bothered by it. I am. But suggesting that the barometer for criticism starts with creating content on the level of Thrones is absurd because then youre essentially suggesting no one can critique anything that hasn't themselves achieved such an accomplishment and that would basically close every thread on this forum. Thats silly.

You can start with the Hawken graphic novel. Then move onto Tin Gods. Or I don't know any of the movies I've sold or made in the past six years. Check out dj2entertainment.com.

Cool. (I still don't get how this is a defense of my original post haha)

lmao I can't believe both Jaime and Bronn got back to Kings Landing so easily. Sam may have been the best part of the episode.

That was dumb. But at least they tried to make it seem like it was a real struggle , and had to covertly swim away, even though maybe Jaime should have not had his armor still. I'll just have to assume the rest was a touch and go affair having to evade Dothraki scouts searching for deserters.

The episode was okay, I know that they have less minutes this time around but teleportation from difderent characters from one place to another is kinda meh.

FiggyCal

Banned
also just a few other things about this episode

1. Why didn't Gendry also mention to Jon that he knew and cared about Arya while he was at it and

2. Why didn't Jorah to tell Jon that, hey, as a matter of fact, it was another brother of the Night's Watch that saved my life. Samwell Tarly, you know him?

Seeing as how Jon said Dany wasn't gone long, I'm guessing last episode and this episode took place on the same day. At least, the Jon x Dany scenes were.huh?

The writers don't care.

Jon also didn't tell Dany about Aemon which kind of bothered me. He was just completely forgotten.

VeeP

What's the point? To make Arya suspicious of Sansa?

I don't see where this subplot going other then
having the girls outsmart and ambush LF then taking him out
:-/

That's my guess. As for the subplot, tbh LF's subplot has been poor this season. Happens to every character sooner or later. As for your thoughts on what'll happen, that's my guess too. Only about 8 episodes left overall.

Heshinsi

Jesus, I must have still been getting high off of her, "no worries, just chop their heads off" comment to notice lol.

Could you imagine Arya serving on Dany or Jon's council?

Someone sensible: "I think we need to take a diplomatic approach your grace."

Sansa: "yeah, I think we need to send a message. Would a bag with their heads in it be sufficient enough, or do you want to go a bit more extreme?"

Can I criticize this post as fan service?

wandering

Banned
Dude

What if the Hound dies

And becomes a wight

And they take him to Kings Landing

Where Cersei orders the Mountain to kill him

Undead Cleganebowl

VeeP

Arya to Sansa. She was being irrational in suggesting their heads be taken.

Seriously Arya, wtf?

I think Arya has been put down for so long, and seen her family killed and put down, that now she has the power to change things and fix things she's let the power go to her head.

I really like her, so I hope she becomes more than this/better than this. I don't want to see her killing someone for just disagreeing with her/talking down to her family.

Be careful discussing the prophecy here unless you know exactly what the series shows. Not berating you, just urging caution.
Just rewatched the scene.

"You will never wed the prince. You will wed the king."

"Oh yes, you'll be queen, for a time. Then come's another. Younger. More beautiful. Cast you down and take all you hold dear."

"No, the king will have 20 children, and you will have 3. Gold will be their crowns. Gold their shrouds."

It was pretty cool when Game of Thrones turned into Dragon Quest at the end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1cqjilprVw

LOL!

The best was Gilly dropping a nuke and Sam not even hearing her.

And interrupted her lol.

People really need to stop trusting Cersei. I totally believe she's gonna pretend to go along with this plan and then get Dany or Jon killed when they are close enough. She's dangerous. And Jaime is just a horny fool.

Yup.

Why would Dickon argue against his father's support of Cersei to her brother/lover?

This.

I like the idea of Dickon bitching to someone about it if he's supposed to be a better guy than his dad, since he's also a traitor too, but there's no reason he'd do it to Jamie of all people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom