• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJP12

This episode had so much fan service and I loved every bit of it lol

I guess there are only 3 individuals still alive that have touched a dragon.

Some things felt off for me this episode. Littlefinger seemingly looking like he knew Arya was following him, hard to buy. One was trained by the greatest assassin in the world the other owned a brothel...

Also Dany non reaction to Jon Snow caressing Drogon and not getting his hand eaten. Even for Dany it took awhile to tame Drogon but she shrugged it off like it was something normal, I expected more of a reaction.

I noticed the complete opposite. She seemed super intrigued/impressed by Drogon taking to Jon so easily. Her facial reactions were really telling to me this whole episode..she seems really into Jon now.

I actually think he wouldn't care. Dude threatened to kill him, and then freaked out about Gilly, calling her a thing, and stating that Sam brought dishonour to the family by bringing her there. Fuck Randall Tarly.
Indeed, fuck Randall Tarly for being a racist, xenophobic fuck. But we have to be better than them. Remember what Bruce Wayne said about compassion being something his enemies will not have? "That's why it's so important. It separates us from them."
I'm officially shipping Jon x Danny.
Sorry not sorry.
image.php

It depresses me that Jon and Dany will probably never rule as king and queen of Westeros.

This is the point where I turn off Skyrim and delete all of those mods.
What mods? Also, they probably won't be able to rule together, but one of them might, with a baby.
It's an absolutely perfect role for him.
Agreed!
You said what would Jon do, would he kill them knowing it was Sam's father and I said no, he would ask Sam, who would make them take the black.

But, had Jon not known them, or Sam. He would have killed them for treason just the same as Dany did.

I'm confused now too, lol.
Well Jon would have to keep them alive in order to bring them over to Sam and ask what he wants but anyways forget about that - I'm more interested to know what you meant when I told you about how I'm watching Jon & Dany's arcs together, or any character's

Basically yes of course these are still characters of their own, independent from one another, but I think they're gonna be very yin & yang. Just them two in particular.
That shot at the end of our group going out there is so damned perfect.
Westerosi avengers!
Kinda like a dad to Gendry too, I guess! Davos just bringing dad vibes all around

Hell he was a better father to Princess Shireen than her actual father was lol
Why would Dickon argue against his father's support of Cersei to her brother/lover?
Up until tonight's episode I wanted to believe that Dickon was not his father. He showed remorse for the battle at Highgarden. He cared about them and it wasn't glorious to him.

If Jon is the legitimate son of Rhaegar he'd be the rightful heir as the offspring of the firstborn son of the king.

Right. Although maybe there is a technicality since Rhaegar was killed while the Mad King was still on the Throne (albeit briefly). Otherwise, yeah, Jon is the Targ King.

Also, yeah, the show is getting a bit fan-servicey, but damnit if I enjoyed the hell out of elite squad getting together.

He doesn't even know yet though. He hasn't met with Bran yet.

Bran is the only one who knows atm.

Yeah, Sam would've known but he was cranky af.

Up until tonight's episode I wanted to believe that Dickon was not his father. He showed remorse for the battle at Highgarden. He cared about them and it wasn't glorious to him.

Are you saying he is like his father then? I don't believe he is. Doubt a son would want to see his father burn alive, so he'll just go with him.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Wouldn't Dany still be the legitimate Queen? She is the Mad King's daughter. Jon is like next in line after her.

Being a Targaryen won't do Jon any favors in the North anyway. It's best if Bran actually keeps it to himself - at least for now.
It follows males all the way down the line I believe.

I noticed the complete opposite. She seemed super intrigued/impressed by Drogon taking to Jon so easily. Her facial reactions were really telling to me this whole episode..she seems really into Jon now.

The biggest give away was how worried she looked when Jon mentioned going North of the Wall.

Dany is REALLY into Jon

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
There should be betting on who lives/dies in the squad.

My bet is there's going to be a lot of death. Jon is brave but he's not a strategist. That much has been proved. Marching north of the wall with the A Team to meet the Night King probably isn't going to end well FOR ANYONE.

This episode basically confirmed that Jon is a legitimate Targaryen.

So, what is going to be Jon Snow's "Kakarot"?

I'm hoping it's Jaehaerys. It'd be nice & subtly poetic that both his birth name and foster name starts with J.

UberLevi

Don't understand how "fan-fiction" is still being thrown around when this is the only canon so far.

Especially when they've already established the Lord of Light is real and that he's had some sort of influence on at least half of the characters present at the end of the episode. Beric said it himself, they've all been brought there for a reason whether they know it or not. It's a fated encounter, and if that's too fantastical for someone to accept then they gotta stop watching a show about zombies and dragons.

Meowster

People really need to stop trusting Cersei. I totally believe she's gonna pretend to go along with this plan and then get Dany or Jon killed when they are close enough. She's dangerous. And Jaime is just a horny fool.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
So what is the plan exactly? They capture a wight, then what? Drag a corpse all the way back to Dragonstone or does Jon just go straight to King's Landing?

Can anyone recall if they gave details?

btrboyev

Wouldn't Dany still be the legitimate Queen? She is the Mad King's daughter. Jon is like next in line after her.

Being a Targaryen won't do Jon any favors in the North anyway. It's best if Bran actually keeps it to himself - at least for now.

He's still half Stark.

Jon has already united all of the families.

He has Stark, Tarygarian, Lannister and Borathian with him. The only thing that needs to happen now is for Cerci to die. Then the war among the living would be over.

sangreal

Did anybody catch what was written in the note little finger left for Arya?

It's the letter Sansa wrote to Rob, dictated by Cersei back in Season 1

It says that Ned was a traitor who tried to steal Joffrey's throne, and that Rob needs to come to Kings Landing and bend the knee

rucury

Banned
All I could make out was Sansa's signature at the end. He's totally forged a note from Sansa to Jon for her to find.

No!

It's the letter that Cersei had Sansa send to Robb after Robert died to try to convince him to bend the knee. Littlefinger made sure Arya saw him with it and planted it so she'd find it and it would serve to sew animosity between the sisters.

The above is correct, as confirmed by https://youtu.be/aNDV1EEvGHc

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Wouldn't Dany still be the legitimate Queen? She is the King's daughter. Jon is like next in line after her.

No Jon's the son of the former crown prince.

So at the start of season 1 the Targaryen crown goes:

Jon --> Son of the Crown Prince

Visarys --> Heir and uncle of Jon

Dany --> third in line to the Targaryen crown and aunt of Jon

But then Jon joins the Night's Watch so,

Jon --> loses his titles

Visarys --> First claimant to the Targaryen crown

Dany --> heir

Then Visarys dies meaning,

Dany --> First claimant

By the sixth season, Jon comes back to life and this is where confusion happens. Dany is already the claimant. She essentially become the Targaryen Queen due to there being no other claimant before her. Does Jon become her heir, or does he take the #1 spot again? Had she been sitting on the Iron Throne by the time Jon became free of his oaths, I very much doubt Jon would have become the King due to the throne already being occupied.

On top of that, does coming back to life, give one back the titles they lost automatically? I thought only a royal decree could do that, as Stannis offered to do for Jon while alive, and I don't think one could make those decrees for themselves.

Ferrio

Banned
People really need to stop trusting Cersei. I totally believe she's gonna pretend to go along with this plan and then get Dany or Jon killed when they are close enough. She's dangerous. And Jamie is just a horny fool.

He's not horny, he's in love. He's had to live his whole life away from his kids pretending he wasn't the father, she's finally giving him the chance to be the father. He's an idiot, but it's not cause he just wants some head.

jdstorm

Banned

No the line of succession was

Aryes 2 > Rhaegar > Rhaegar's Legitimate kids > Visceries > Visceries potential kids > Dany ect

Phased

Do we really only have 8 episodes left of this show? How the fuck are they going to wrap everything up in 8 episodes?

They're moving at a pretty good clip now, not much filler. I expect the Walkers to be over the wall by seasons end and next season will be all about that plus Cersei just going absolutely insane.

They have to take some liberties with travel time to do it, but I like it.

So what is the plan exactly? They capture a wight, then what? Drag a corpse all the way back to Dragonstone or does Jon just go straight to King's Landing?

Can anyone recall if they gave details?

Put a bag over the wight's head and sail to KL for the meeting, lmfao.

The plan's kind of ridiculous, really.

Ramirez

I thought it was great how Gendry/Jons "lean/short" talk mirrored Ned/Robbert "you've gotten fat" with the serious look to laughing, lol.

Also, haven't they said that all of the final season episodes could be movie length long? I mean we're already seeing that in one episode this season.

Neece

I thought it was great how Gendry/Jons "lean/short" talk mirrored Ned/Robbert "you've gotten fat" with the serious look to laughing, lol.

Yeah i was pleasantly surprised by their whole interaction lol.

Only problem was I wished Gendry would have mentioned that he met Arya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom