• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Forgot to ask, does anyone know if one with "king's blood" can be turned by the White Walkers or turned into a Wight?

Has it happened before?

They're moving at a pretty good clip now, not much filler. I expect the Walkers to be over the wall by seasons end and next season will be all about that plus Cersei just going absolutely insane.

They have to take some liberties with travel time to do it, but I like it.

yeah I've been enjoying this season. people are being really critical on here but I'm having a blast. It's one episode full of entertainment after another. It just feel like so much still needs to happen in 8 episodes but movies can do it in two hours so i guess they can fit it into 8.

CheckMate

Crazy how the show's pace is fast with all of the plot points but never feels like it's rushing.

Could always benefit with less teleportation, though...

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Sansa fed Ramsey to the dogs right? Yea, that was a little crazy too. She's spent so much time with Cersei, Joffrey, LF and Ramsey I think she's become a lot like them in some ways. Guess we'll see where the show goes.

I think you make a lot of solid points. In the end, I just really hate the idea of burning soldiers. I also feel like Dickon might've changed his mind like Tyrion said, but who knows. In the end it's war.

I was thinking the entire time while Tarly was brought in front of Drogon, "Dany just get the Dothraki to lob his head off." But the moment the rest of those soldiers kneeled, it made sense why it had to happen that way. Many more may have refused to accept the offer had the execution been a beaheding. So in the end, it was terrifying, but the punishment was a deserved, and it saved countless more lives.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Calm down there, are you a writer? And it's laughable that were going to use the "what have you written" as a defense when that's not really a defense at all.

I AM a writer. And know how hard it is. To craft a show with so many characters and spinning plates in the air. That shit ain't easy. Maybe it's easy to criticize on an Internet forum and feel clever. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

FiggyCal

Banned
Forgot to ask, does anyone know if one with "king's blood" can be turned by the White Walkers or turned into a Wight?

Has it happened before?

Does Benjen Stark count? He's basically half Wight. The Starks were a royal family once.

Edit: Well I guess most recently with Robb, but before that also.

*Arya stabs Littlefinger*
giphy.gif

"I replaced your dagger with a practice one"
"...and the dullness makes this more painful"

*dies with shit eating grin

I'm glad that Cersei is open to an allegiance for now.

I'll be annoyed if the fight vs. the WW's is only fan favorite characters and those with better morals.

This war is beyond that.

Ferrio

Banned
I think the writers are fucking with us and Arya full well knows that Littlefinger is setting her up. Pitting the girls against each other this late would be hard to resolve.

So what is the plan exactly? They capture a wight, then what? Drag a corpse all the way back to Dragonstone or does Jon just go straight to King's Landing?

Can anyone recall if they gave details?
All I know is it's a fucking suicide mission. As necessary as it is, it doesn't take away from the fact that it's a bad fucking idea.

Anyways the plan is for them to capture a wight and bring it to King's Landing. If you rewatch the ending scene you'll see that after the team is all out, there's a few people in the back dragging something...I'm guessing it's a cage or something to hold the wight. And I'm assuming that scene with Jaime & Cersei means Cersei is agreeing to an armistice.

True, but his son felt like he had to take a stand and be with him. It would be commendable if Randyll wasn't such a nasty man.
Randyll was a nasty fuckin man and it's a shame that Dickon followed him. Dickon's behavior in the previous episode reminded me a little of Sam and I was hoping there would be a redemption plan for this character, but nope. All he does is save Jaime once, and now we'll never see him again, just like the sandsnakes.

erawsd

I'm glad that Cersei is open to an allegiance for now.

I'll be annoyed if the fight vs. the WW's is only fan favorite characters and those with better morals.

This war is beyond that.

Is she? It sounded to me like she's plotting another Red Wedding/Sept of Baelor type deception.

CheckMate

Who knows, the identity of the knight king is in question.

The Knight King was the dude strapped on the tree and shoved with Dragon Glass by CoTF; They used him to help them against The First Men but it backfired.

He was shown last season at one of Bran's visions.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think the writers are fucking with us and Arya full well knows that Littlefinger is setting her up. Pitting the girls against each other this late would be hard to resolve.

Well, Bran's there and can clear the whole thing up in like 30 seconds if he felt like it.

There should be betting on who lives/dies in the squad. You'd bet a sucker not to be on Jorah not kicking it. That last scene with Tyrion and Dany was a death sentence.

I'll throw mine out:

Jon Snowy Stark-Targaryen: Survives. Ha-dooooi. He's basically got his ticket punched for the Grand Finals due to being Westerosi Jesus.

The Hound: Survives. There's too much focus paid to the character in a narrative sense, he's going to have to fight the Mountain or something.

The Boy Who Lived, Gendy: Oh he's so fucked. No one wants to put up with a C-plot revolving around the quasi-rightful heir to the quasi-rightful king at this juncture in the story. He's here literally so they can kill him and not have to worry about anyone asking about him in a navel-gazing sort of manner later down the line.

Jorah Friend Zone: He's going to survive. If they were going to kill him off at this point he could have just gone beyond the wall as a Stone Man.

The Brotherhood Without Banners: M-M-Mega-fucked. They're got Captain Plot Convenience as a leader threatening to make every single plot thread in the series a maddening headache, and they have no real purpose for being there if the show isn't going to roll down the same (stupid) roads the books are with the Brotherhood. These guys right here? These are going to be the most killedest guys of all time.

Bear Husband: Even odds of surviving or dying. They probably shouldn't kill him off since his survival doesn't really leave any important dangling plot threads or anything, and he's basically the last prominent Wildling character they've got, but by the same token they might do it just because they can cull those elements entirely going forward if they do kill him.

Bonus Round: Bran will probably warg into the middle of things at some point, royally fuck everything up, and still not die. Because that's how the Bran do.

Calm down there, are you a writer? And it's laughable that were going to use the "what have you written" as a defense when that's not really a defense at all.

It really is a very good defense. I've seen several in this thread compare this season and last to TWD levels of writing. Like, do you people write? Are you getting paid a nice amount of money to do these stories? I seriously doubt you can imagine what sort of pressure they feel every time they write a new episode. Trying to please everyone is hard.

Volimar

Anybody caught this ? Lol

Gilly: *Learns how to READ*
*Discovers the biggest truth in the whole series. *
*Is Ignored*
😑

They'll go to Winterfell and Jon will talk to Sam with Gilly in the room about finding out he's the son of Rhaegar Targaryan. Gilly will absentmindedly say something like, "Oh that's who he got secretly married to then?" Boom.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Ok I'm confused. How can Jon be the rightful heir if he joined the Night watch, lost his titles (known or otherwise), died, came back to life, and no royal decree proclaimed restoring his titles? I don't think getting out of the Night's Watch oath gives him back what titles he lost before, it just frees him to gain new ones.

jviggy43

It really is a very good defense. I've seen several in this thread compare this season and last to TWD levels of writing. Like, do you people write? Are you getting paid a nice amount of money to do these stories? I seriously doubt you can imagine what sort of pressure they feel every time they write a new episode. Trying to please everyone is hard.

See above. And I would call it TWD level of writing as well. I'm not disillusioned that its hard, but that doesn't also mean it gets a pass. Also, a lot of bad writers get paid a lot of money to write a lot of bad stories. How is this in any way proving the story isn't being poorly written?

You really want my resume?
No I want your publications

Ferrio

Banned
Ok I'm confused. How can Jon be the rightful heir if he joined the Night watch, lost his titles (known or otherwise), died, came back to life, and no royal decree proclaimed restoring his titles? I don't think getting out of the Night's Watch oath gives him back what titles he lost before, it just frees him to gain new ones.

I don't think it ultimately matters, and I doubt any characters will learn Jon's real parentage. It was more a throw out to the audience.

Volimar

I think Arya will confront Sansa and when she reveals she found the note, Sansa will convince her that Littlefinger was playing her.

FiggyCal

Banned

How can he currently be King in the North if dying wasn't a refresh button?

Politically it wouldn't matter if he is the rightful heir or not. The Targaryen dynasty was crushed by the Baratheons, and the Baratheons usurped by the Lannisters.

It's more interesting how this will affect his dynamic with Daenerys, not first of her name.
It will probably more closely align their goals together, as Jon is not interested in ruling the Seven Kingdoms.

VeeP

I was thinking the entire time while Tarly was brought in front of Drogon, "Dany just get the Dothraki to lob his head off." But the moment the rest of those soldiers kneeled, it made sense why it had to happen that way. Many more may have refused to accept the offer had the execution been a beaheding. So in the end, it was terrifying, but the punishment was a deserved, and it saved countless more lives.

I was hoping that too. It's a shame Dickon didn't listen to his dad, I really thought he and Daddy Tarley would've been captured and they would meet Jon, etc etc.

There is probably some clause in the conventions that govern the traditions of Westeros allowing one who was denied his claim by a usurper conspiracy gets a pass if they gave up their claim and titles without knowing.

I don’t think literally anyone in Westeros cares about birthright aside from those who are making a claim. “Power resides where men believe it resides.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom