• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

i saw this awesome video on cold hands. he's got a magic arm, a magic moose and wears an awesome hood.

i mean look at this.

300px-Zippo514_Coldhands.jpg

Now I'm even more mad. A magic moose??? Holy fuck. That's swag in animal form.

thats where you are wrong, the only person who can pull littlefinger strins is Sansa, and no one else.

maybe she cant really outsmart him, but she is the only one who can emotionally shake him long enough to meet his doom

#TEAMSANSA

If Sansa would at least tease him a bit or flirt a little to show him that he might get what he wants some day then sure but she shows absolutely zero interest in him.

I personally don't think Sansa will outsmart him at all; she's a useful tool for Arya though. There was a weird argument earlier that Sansa sent Brienne off as a way to mess with LF, but I got the opposite out of that.. Sansa played right into LF's plan as he wanted her to get rid of Brienne.

Gald you think that. I suggested the same thing the other day but people were quick to shoot down my opinion as wrong. I still think that's the case though. He planted that idea of Brienne in her head.

He's one of the smartest main characters on the show and you want me to believe he's being outplayed by one of dumbest? Sansa? I don't think so, lol.

i saw this awesome video

Pretty sure that's all straight form the books and you should edit it out.

aBarreras

If Sansa would at least tease him a bit or flirt a little to show him that he might get what he wants some day then sure but she shows absolutely zero interest in him.

Gald you think that. I suggested the same thing the other day but people were quick to shoot down my opinion as wrong. I still think that's the case though. He planted that idea of Brienne in her head.

He's one of the smartest main characters on the show and you want me to believe he's being outplayed by one of dumbest? Sansa? I don't think so, lol.

your faith on Arya will be your dooom

#teamsansa

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
People complaining about the sloppy writing in the last ep.... I knew this shit would happen eventually. There are just too many threads to wrap up, and too much stuff that needs to happen before the story can end. I expect there to be many more train wreck episodes before this show is through. I guess book readers can at least look forward to a more thoughtfully paced conclusion... uh, some day...

Volimar

People complaining about the sloppy writing in the last ep.... I knew this shit would happen eventually. There are just too many threads to wrap up, and too much stuff that needs to happen before the story can end. I expect there to be many more train wreck episodes before this show is through. I guess book readers can at least look forward to a more thoughtfully paced conclusion... uh, some day...

Either you leave a shitload of plotlines hanging or you wrap them up like poor old Benjen. The GoT universe is too big now.

Jeremy Podeswa is a really surprising choice of director for this finale, although then again I didn't expect Alan Taylor to come back despite being pretty integral to defining the look of Game of Thrones in the early years. There's been a slew of surprising choices this year, most of all probably being Shakman who gave us some of the best action directing in the series, behind Sapochnik -- who absolutely has to return for season 8.
I'm curious, who would y'all want to see back to direct season 8?

Pls just give Sapochnik all 6 episodes.

Vashetti

Banned

I'm surprised they haven't played up this angle.

Cersei told her in S2 that her greatest weapon was between her legs.

Volimar

And 90 minutes per for the first five and two hours for the finale.

I think this is that 4D chess thing. She thinks if she does that he'll know she'd playing him. Problem is, LF is a master at playing people who think they're not being played and doesn't mind being seen as slime while he does it.

Yep, the closer we get towards the end the more sloppy it gets.
13 episodes is definitely not enough to wrap any of this up.
If this were a 10 episode season....ah, nvm.

Yeah but that kind of proves his point. Ned's umcompromising honor is why he is dead.

His mercy for children is what got him killed, really.

Perhaps GOT borrowed one of the writers from Bungie for this episode.

CZ0U_0uWwAAdfa6.jpg

Theres no time to explain why I dont have time to explain lol

Pretty much, haha.

Tuck

Assuming we get the next two books (which we wont), I think book readers will have to suffer the reverse problem of things moving too slowly!

your faith on Arya will be your dooom

#teamsansa

I said Arya can do it, what are you talking about?

Sansa though, nope. And if she does then it will be the first time where I'll truly admit the writing has gone to shit.

I'm surprised they haven't played up this angle.

Cersei told her in S2 that her greatest weapon was between her legs.

Same here, it would be the perfect way for her to gain some form of control over his emotions. Don't give it up, but tease him enough to want more and keep his mind distracted.

Vectorman

Banned
Was it HBO or the creators decision to try to finish everything in only 13 episodes, spread over two seasons?

The showrunners D&D decided on it. HBO would be happy to keep this running for years but since GRRM doesn't have any books to wrap up the story, they're going ahead and ending it so they can do the series everyone is so hyped about, Confederate, lol.

aBarreras

Sansa though, nope. And if she does then it will be the first time where I'll truly admit the writing has gone to shit.

Same here, it would be the perfect way for her to gain some form of control over his emotions. Don't give it up, but tease him enough to want more and keep his mind distracted.

why does sansa acomplishing something mean the writing has gone to shit?

and i mean, even if she has rejected him, she still went to him for counsel when arya started acting all creepy

pablito

The showrunners D&D decided on it. HBO would be happy to keep this running for years but since GRRM doesn't have any books to wrap up the story, they're going ahead and ending it so they can do the series everyone is so hyped about, Confederate, lol.

I love GOT and all, but if the latest writing is what we're going to get in Confederate, I'm glad it'll be for a show whose premise I couldn't be paid to give a shit about.

RulkezX

The show isn't nearly as subtle as people pretend. They've been building this Sansa as a student of the game angle for ages.

LF is fucked and they've been telling us that all season long.

Roussow

Like, for real. I kind of need to watch Repo Men, those episodes he directed are so good. It's not just competency with action directing either, the first 15 or 20 minutes of The Winds of Winter might be my single favorite scene of the show, that whole thing is practically perfect.

why does sansa acomplishing something mean the writing has gone to shit?

and i mean, even if she has rejected him, she still went to him for counsel when arya started acting all creepy

I already said why, man, do you even read my posts? lol

LF is one of the smartest main characters on the show, as proven time and time again.
Sansa is one of the dumbest, as proven time and time again.

To suddenly have LF outplayed by Sansa of all people would go completely against so much.

I do not believe LF is untouchable and he can be outplayed, but not by her.

The show isn't nearly as subtle as poodle pretend. They've been building this Sansa as a student of the game angle for ages.

LF is fucked and they've been telling us that all season long.

Poodle??

They have been teaching her, though the problem is how little examples we have of her actually learning anything compared to how many times they show her making mistakes.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Everyone wants to prop up Sansa and Arya by making LF a dumb fuck. While I don't think the Winterfell storyline is that great, it's okay, all 3 characters are behaving in ways we know they would behave. No one is being written out of character.

Volimar

I already said why, man, do you even read my posts? lol

LF is one of the smartest main characters on the show, as proven time and time again.
Sansa is one of the dumbest, as proven time and time again.

To suddenly have LF outplayed by Sansa of all people would go completely against so much.

To be fair, if she and Arya were to be outplayed, I'd expect it to be by a long, drawn out thing like what's been going on between the two of them and not a short "I know what you're doing" thing.

Everyone wants to prop up Sansa and Arya by making LF a dumb fuck.

He wouldn't be a dumb fuck but rather it'd be a revelation that the girls truly know how to play the game now.

aBarreras

i dont know why people want to arya to always be the one who does the cool stuff.

To be fair, if she and Arya were to be outplayed, I'd expect it to be by a long, drawn out thing like what's been going on between the two of them and not a short "I know what you're doing" thing.

He wouldn't be a dumb fuck but rather it'd be a revelation that the girls truly know how to play the game now.

this, and is not sudden at all, its the arc that has been traced by the show since season 5

Einchy

Arya's skill set isn't really playing the game, though. I agree with you on Sansa's part, though, her storyline has always been about being a pawn in the game and her accending above that but Arya's has always being about being a fighter.

aBarreras

i mean, there are people that wont admit that the battle of the bastards was won because of Sansa.

she played both Ramsay and Jon like fools

LF has been using Sansa since the first half of season 4. He used her before she even knew it, before we even knew it. With Sir Dontos the drunk.

OrionX

I totally disagree. I think being outplayed by Sansa would be the most fitting end for Littlefinger. She knows him better than anyone alive at this point, and I think it would be fantastic if his affection for her and Catelyn is what ultimately leads to his demise.

Einchy

i mean, there are people that wont admit that the battle of the bastards was won because of Sansa.
But Jon would have never "lost" it if Sansa had trusted Jon and told him all the information she had. Lets hope Arya never finds that out or Sansa's skull might acquire a Valyrian Steel dagger.

Jarnet87

Prediction: Littledink and Sansa will kill Arya, and then Sansa will kill Littledink. This is no way will make up for how awful Sansa has been from the very start. I have wanted her dead from the get go.

aBarreras

But Jon would have never "lost" it if Sansa had trusted Jon and told him all the information she had. Lets hope Arya never finds that out or Sansa's skull might acquire a Valyrian Steel dagger.

of course he would have lost, they were wouldnt be able to lay a succesful siege on winterfell.

riotous

Banned
Everyone wants to prop up Sansa and Arya by making LF a dumb fuck. While I don't think the Winterfell storyline is that great, it's okay, all 3 characters are behaving in ways we know they would behave. No one is being written out of character.

If there's one character LF's little birds haven't been able to keep track of, it's Arya. All he knows about her is that she's now well trained at combat. He likely has no clue she is somewhat skilled in espionage not to mention is a fucking magician who can take the form of another person.

He doesn't have to be outsmarted to be beaten by Arya; just has to underestimate her and not know what she's capable of.

Is Arya smart enough to realize LF wanted her to read that note? If she is, then she's already one step ahead of him, and it's not really an outsmarting situation just LF not realizing Arya was trained to be a human lie detector.

Addi

I think Arya showing Sansa the faces is the game changer. They don't need the actual Littlefinger anymore, only his face.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
If Game of Thrones were made in India

India's insane editing is a stuff of beauty.

This was so perfect lol

Yep. Cersei Lannister will capture Jon, Daenerys, Tyrion, Missandei, Grey worm, Theon, and the Hound. She will sit them all down on their knees, and then break out her baseball bat covered in Dragon scales. The she will go Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Moe.

tumblr_o53azqLraD1ruu897o6_400.gif

Fade to black, and To Be Continued Next Season...

I might even be ok with this, only if there's a shot where Dany gives Tyrion this look while Cersei mentions how she can't believe they fell into her trap,

giphy.gif

Followed by,

giphy.gif

I totally disagree. I think being outplayed by Sansa would be the most fitting end for Littlefinger. She knows him better than anyone alive at this point, and I think it would be fantastic if his affection for her and Catelyn is what ultimately leads to his demise.

I agree that this is how it should play out actually.

But there has been very little reason to believe that Sansa is capable of outsmarting him, plain and simple. And that is my whole argument, and that's why I think it would be stupid.

Just because she's close to him doesn't mean much, he's used to be close to everyone on the counsel and to this day none of them know he put the Lannisters in debt or was involved in Joffreys death, or was the reason behind the War of the 5 kings.

Varys is oblivious but Sansa isn't? I'm sorry but that ain't right.

Vashetti

Banned
of course he would have lost, they were wouldnt be able to lay a succesful siege on winterfell.

He's saying that had Sansa told Jon about the Vale, rather than withholding the information (for no adequately explored reason), they would have gone into battle with a much larger army - and won.

Elandyll

Banned
I know all the discussions are about the speed of travel, but also when Gendry left and Jon says "tell Dany what happened here" nothing had yet happened.

There was a rumbling (of a horde) in the bg, but I don't know exactly what additional details Gendry was going to provide that Dany didn't already know was a possibility beyond the wall.
I don't think the intent was to ask Dany to come back and save them tbh.

Gendry, once rid of his hammer, would be both the youngest and lightest. So the best chance of returning alive.
He was supposed to relate the capture of a wight, it calling for help, and a horde coming right after them.
Jon's posse had the goal to attract the attention of said horde, as Jon knew too well they can run fast and are obviously unlimely to tire.
He also knew their group would be very unlikely to survive.

The goal?
Convincing Dany of what happened and get her support. That'd be a win.

Or have her come and investigate on a dragon, see the undead, and rally to the North.
Also a win in Jon's book.

Jon doesn't see himself as essential. In many ways, he'd rather be dead aside from a sense of duty, or at least used to until his talk with Beric about purpose, and Dany's tlc on her ship.

aBarreras

He's saying that had Sansa told Jon about the Vale, rather than withholding the information (for adequately explored reason), they would have gone into battle with a much larger army - and won.

then ramsay wouldnt have go to battle, he would have sheltered on Winterfell and endure the siege/winter

Einchy

Sansa told Jon to wait until they had more soldiers, Jon knew there were no more but Sansa STILL didn't tell him about Littlefinger. Jon would've waited a little longer if only she had told him and would have never had to gotten saved to begin with.

She essentialy set him up to fail and then proclaimed herself the reason Jon won when she's actually the reason he lost.

Addi

I agree that this is how it should play out actually.

But there has been very little reason to believe that Sansa is capable of outsmarting him, plain and simple. And that is my whole argument, and that's why I think it would be stupid.

Just because she's close to him doesn't mean much, he's used to be close to everyone on the counsel and to this day none of them know he put the Lannisters in debt or was involved in Joffreys death, or was the reason behind the War of the 5 kings.

Varys is oblivious but Sansa isn't? I'm sorry but that ain't right.

The problem for LF is that he is cornered, he doesn't have lot of moving pieces to play with as in King's Landing. And why does Sansa need to outplay LF? She can just slit his throat.

He's saying that had Sansa told Jon about the Vale, rather than withholding the information (for adequately explored reason), they would have gone into battle with a much larger army - and won.

I think some people have argued that if Jon had a bigger army, Ramsey would never had met them out in the field. He would have stayed inside Winterfell and won.

Top Bottom