• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

GreyWind

Tracklist from Amazon.

1. Main Titles
2. Dragonstone
3. Shall We Begin?
4. The Queen's Justice
5. A Game I Like to Play
6. I Am the Storm
7. The Gift
8. Dragonglass
9. Spoils of War, Pt. 1
10. Spoils of War, Pt. 2
11. The Dagger
12. Home
13. Gorgeous Beasts
14. The Long Farewell
15. Against All Odds
16. See You for What You Are
17. Casterly Rock
18. A Lion's Legacy
19. Message for Cersei
20. Ironborn
21. No One Walks Away from Me
22. Truth
23. The Army of the Dead
24. Winter Is Here

Acidote

The most interesting turn of events to me is them winning the war halfway into season 6 next year and something causing Danny to go mad queen. Then it turning into Jon having to kill her.

I would be ok if Jon thrusts Fang into Mad Daenerys breast while being in love with her, just like Azor ahai did in the profecy Melisandre talks about. And then winning the war.

Atomic Odin

Tyrion saying that Cersei would deliberately say something to Dany to make her lose her temper is very much foreshadowing IMO. Just like him mentioning wildfire to Dany in S06E09 before we saw sept of baelor decimated.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The most interesting turn of events to me is them winning the war halfway into season 6 next year and something causing Danny to go mad queen. Then it turning into Jon having to kill her.

im hoping for Sansa to murder Dany and Jon. The most interesting thing would be if the Night King does more than just march his armies down and kill everyone. What is his endgame? We know the WW have made deals with humans before. We know they need humans to propagate. For all we know humans could have done something to initiate the current conflict unwittingly. They arent mindless so whats going on there?

Elros

20. Ironborn
22. Truth
23. The Army of the Dead
24. Winter Is Here

So many spoilers of the last episode !

Seriously tho, might grab those soundtracks. I didn't buy any of previous seasons, which ones should I consider ?

Pagusas

Elden Member
Tracklist from Amazon.

1. Main Titles
2. Dragonstone
3. Shall We Begin?
4. The Queen's Justice
5. A Game I Like to Play
6. I Am the Storm
7. The Gift
8. Dragonglass
9. Spoils of War, Pt. 1
10. Spoils of War, Pt. 2
11. The Dagger
12. Home
13. Gorgeous Beasts
14. The Long Farewell
15. Against All Odds
17. Casterly Rock
18. A Lion's Legacy
19. Message for Cersei
20. Ironborn
22. Truth
23. The Army of the Dead
24. Winter Is Here

Why would we have another "winter is here" track? Winter has been here for an entire season.

Why would we have another "winter is here" track? Winter has been here for an entire season.

I could go for a celebratory Disney-style take on it.

It's here!
It's here!
No Lord of Light,
Just walking wights,
And Longest Nights,
For which we all prepare!

It's here!
It's here!
And now it's all so clear,
Winter's come,
We're all done,
Death is in the air!

It's here!
It's here!
Winter has arrived,
Now we've died,
Azor Ahai,
Doesn't even care!

valkyre

Is there any hope of writers ever addressing the reasons why it has taken years for WW to arrive at the Wall?

Yes, people will say "they were waiting for Winter to arrive".

I am sorry this doesnt cut it for me. What does it mean "they were waiting for winter to come?".

What kind of temperature are we talking about? - 50 celcious or something? If it took them 6 years to get near the wall, because they waited for winter, then when are they going to reach Kings Landing? Obviously never...

I mean what exactly is preventing northern folk to migrate in southern parts and just wait for winter to pass and the WW to go back to the North? It really is bugging the hell out of me and no I cannot accept the vague "they wait for winter", nor the fact that not even a single character in 6 years has even questioned "what is taking them so god damn long?".

Vashetti

Banned
Let's see:

1. Main Titles - duh?
2. Dragonstone - (Dany arriving, E01)
3. Shall We Begin? (Credits music, E01)
4. The Queen's Justice
5. A Game I Like to Play (Arya/Sansa, faceless men theme, dunno?)
6. I Am the Storm (Euron theme)
7. The Gift (Euron delivers Ellaria/Tyene, E03)
8. Dragonglass (Caves, E04)
9. Spoils of War, Pt. 1 (Battle, E04)
10. Spoils of War, Pt. 2 (Same)
11. The Dagger (Bran/LF discussion, Bran/Sansa/Arya discussion?, E04)
12. Home
13. Gorgeous Beasts (Jon/Dany/Drogon, E05)
14. The Long Farewell
15. Against All Odds
17. Casterly Rock (Unsullied take Casterly Rock, E03)
18. A Lion's Legacy
19. Message for Cersei
20. Ironborn (Euron theme variation? "What is dead may never die" - Theon theme variation?)
22. Truth
23. The Army of the Dead
24. Winter Is Here

Is there any hope of writers ever addressing the reasons why it has taken years for WW to arrive at the Wall?

Yes, people will say "they were waiting for Winter to arrive".

I am sorry this doesnt cut it for me. What does it mean "they were waiting for winter to come?".

What kind of temperature are we talking about? - 50 celcious or something? If it took them 6 years to get near the wall, because they waited for winter, then when are they going to reach Kings Landing? Obviously never...

I mean what exactly is preventing northern folk to migrate in southern parts and just wait for winter to pass and the WW to go back to the North? It really is bugging the hell out of me and no I cannot accept the vague "they wait for winter", nor the fact that not even a single character in 6 years has even questioned "what is taking them so god damn long?".

Raising an army, creating more generals, killing TER, getting a dragon on their side.

Ithil

Tracklist from Amazon.

1. Main Titles
2. Dragonstone
3. Shall We Begin?
4. The Queen's Justice
5. A Game I Like to Play
6. I Am the Storm
7. The Gift
8. Dragonglass
9. Spoils of War, Pt. 1
10. Spoils of War, Pt. 2
11. The Dagger
12. Home
13. Gorgeous Beasts
14. The Long Farewell
15. Against All Odds
17. Casterly Rock
18. A Lion's Legacy
19. Message for Cersei
20. Ironborn
22. Truth
23. The Army of the Dead
24. Winter Is Here

Well I sure misread number 13.

Cool. How far down can they come? Do they even need winter then?

No idea tbh, but it would be advantageous for them and a pain in the ass for humans. It seems like the night king has a plan, what with turning babies into I assume new generals and having magic spears specifically for easy dragon takedowns. Who knows maybe he had been waiting for wildlings to breed and grow before killing/turning them all to grow his army.

-griffy-

Banned
Everyone knows the waif died back in Braavos. What this thread presupposes is...maybe she didn't?

6U3mYJx.gif

valkyre

Keep in mind that the Winter in the show is far longer than the Winter we know, it could be years and years as opposed to a few weeks.

My point is... if they need winter, can they ever come to King's Landing? Reach Sunspear?

I wont even bother mentioning Essos...

Feels like they could just... i dont know... wait it out? Let them take Winterfell. Big deal!

What I am trying to say is that I hope writers are aware of the fact that we need to establish a few things about why WW have taken their time, what their capabilities as a threat are etc etc.

And if I am to judge what I have seen from episode 6, it feels like they aint such a big deal after all... I mean kill a WW and there you have it, 20% of the undead army is kaput... even better, kill the NK and check mate... i dont know, sounds way too Independence Day sloppyness to me.

My point is... if they need winter, can they ever come to King's Landing? Reach Sunspear?

I wont even bother mentioning Essos...

Feels like they could just... i dont know... wait it out? Let them take Winterfell. Big deal!

To be honest: no one really knows.

It isn't really clear how "winter" even works in Game of Thrones. It seems pretty unlikely that it's a normal consequence of celestial bodies in motion or any sort of logical climatology, considering that it lasts for wildly variable lengths and they can go for entire generations without it even happening.

As a hypothetical example, it's possible that the Night King and White Walkers create winter themselves, that it's a direct consequence of their existence and actions, rather than the other way around. If so, there's no way to "wait it out", since it would only end when they are banished.

Bossun

To be honest: no one really knows.

It isn't really clear how "winter" even works in Game of Thrones. It seems pretty unlikely that it's a normal consequence of celestial bodies in motion or any sort of logical climatology, considering that it lasts for wildly variable lengths and they can go for entire generations without it even happening.

As a hypothetical example, it's possible that the Night King and White Walkers create winter themselves, that it's a direct consequence of their existence and actions, rather than the other way around. If so, there's no way to "wait it out", since it would only end when they are banished.

Didn't Snow actually say that they do not wait for winter, they create it or something like that? Something along the line.

OrionX

Tyrion saying that Cersei would deliberately say something to Dany to make her lose her temper is very much foreshadowing IMO. Just like him mentioning wildfire to Dany in S06E09 before we saw sept of baelor decimated.

Agreed. Now what could Cersei say that would make Dany lose her cool...?

"I heard you wanna fuck your nephew"
"I've always wanted to know what dragon tastes like..."
"Remember when my husband wiped out your entire family with his rebellion lol"
"That dress is certainly... a choice."

No, these seem too obvious. I'll have to think on it some more...

Aurongel

Agreed. Now what could Cersei say that would make Dany lose her cool...?

"I heard you wanna fuck your nephew"
"I've always wanted to know what dragon tastes like..."
"Remember when my husband wiped our your entire family with his rebellion lol"
"That dress is certainly... a choice."

No, these seem too obvious. I'll have to think on it some more...
She'll probably bring up the whole burning Randall and Dickon thing. To be fair, she did send the wrong message by telling the Lannister army that she's not an insane pyromaniac like her father and then immediately burning the Tarleys.

Jaime needs to complete his arc, full circle, poetry.
Kingslayer AND Queenslayer...

Cersei is so dead.

Dany is also a Queen though.

The White Walkers setting a trap seems like a logical explanation for a few things in that episode though.

It's equally as illogical to assume it was a trap because with or without it, you're in the realm of making shit up to justify actions that don't make much sense, even the director said the passage of time in this episode wasn't handled too well.

Maybe Dany and Cersei will bond over burning others alive.

"I find burning my enemies alive to be... crass, and insufficient to the task of educating them on the folly of their ways."
"I HAVE DRAGONS! RAWR!"
"Yes, well, they certainly are... impressive, but gold and grain have won more wars than a hundred dragons."
"TWO DRAGONS! I HAVE TWO DRAGONS! RAWR RAWR!"
"A monarch must understand both soft and hard power..."
"I'M A DRAGON, RAWR!"
"... you remind me uncomfortably of my eldest son."

OrionX

She'll probably bring up the whole burning Randall and Dickon thing. To be fair, she did send the wrong message by telling the Lannister army that she's not an insane pyromaniac like her father and then immediately burning the Tarleys.

Well Tyrion's already kinda criticized her for that so I feel like it would have to be something worse if she really wants Dany to snap.

Jon better give Dany some of his plot armor for this damn meeting. He's hoarding that shit.

Elandyll

Banned
"I find burning my enemies alive to be... crass, and insufficient to the task of educating them on the folly of their ways."
"I HAVE DRAGONS! RAWR!"
"Yes, well, they certainly are... impressive, but gold and grain have won more wars than a hundred dragons."
"TWO DRAGONS! I HAVE TWO DRAGONS! RAWR RAWR!"
"A monarch must understand both soft and hard power..."
"I'M A DRAGON, RAWR!"
"... you remind me uncomfortably of my eldest son."

- Which one was it? The one who killed himself when you blew his wife up, or the one who was poisoned becaused you raised him to be a murderous Psychopath?

3 sequences made the double Ds go nuts about book spoilers GRIMM told them
- hold the door
- Daughter burning
- something at the very end

So I'm assuming that's not gonna be in this episode? :\

labx

Banned
After watching the episode I have a theory about Arya.
Dunno if it has been said but it seemed to me she killed petyr baelish and brianne. The letter from kings landing was made by arya, arya killed brianne to gain access to cersei. Watch the scene with baelish, they kind have a still shot of his face and it looks off. Also, he kind of asks questions he would already know. The end scene when she is talking to sansa, she states she can be anyone, hinting at this. I think brianne stabs cersei at the meeting, then arya takes off the mask to show her. Anyone see this? The episode consisted of petyr, then brianne then arya. Never all of them together

Dude... come on. You are over thinking it... a lot.

You know what I'd love first and foremost from a meeting between Dany and Cersei...

"Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khale..."

"Okay, I get it"

"...esi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Cha..."

"Okay, okay"

"....ins, and Mother of Drag..."

"Shut the fuck up!"

Sephzilla

It's equally as illogical to assume it was a trap because with or without it, you're in the realm of making shit up to justify actions that don't make much sense, even the director said the passage of time in this episode wasn't handled too well.

The White Walkers show up with ice javelins ready to go. Basically let the Westerovengers sit on an island like bait. Have chains ready to drag a dragon out of a lake. And the Night King has some kind of unexplained powers that seem to rival the Three Eyed Raven. I mean, yeah, it's making stuff up but it seems like a more logical assumption than White Walkers waiting for ice to freeze for three days especially when they didn't even need to wait for the lake to freeze in the first place

You know what I'd love first and foremost from a meeting between Dany and Cersei...

"Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khale..."

"Okay, I get it"

"...esi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Cha..."

"Okay, okay"

"....ins, and Mother of Drag..."

"Shut the fuck up!"

"I'm the Unburnt," Daenerys declared with a bizarre arrogance, puffing her chest out and lifting her nose imperiously.

Cersei raised a finely-arched brow in Jon's direction in obvious expectation of some explanation. He, in turn, shrugged and turned to Ser Davos.

"Begging your pardon, Queen," Ser Davos interjected, equally perplexed. "None of us are burnt."

Sandor Clegane grumbled something unintelligible, though he was fairly certain that "cunt" featured prominently.

KHlover

Banned
"I'm the Unburnt," Daenerys declared with a bizarre arrogance, puffing her chest out and lifting her nose imperiously.

Cersei raised a finely-arched brow in Jon's direction in obvious expectation of some explanation. He, in turn, shrugged and turned to Ser Davos.

"Begging your pardon, Queen," Ser Davos interjected, equally perplexed. "None of us are burnt."

Sandor Clegane grumbled something unintelligible, though he was fairly certain that "cunt" featured prominently.

Jon burnt his hand pretty badly when he saved thew Lord Commander from that Wight ;)

The White Walkers show up with ice javelins ready to go. Basically let the Westerovengers sit on an island like bait. Have chains ready to drag a dragon out of a lake. And the Night King has some kind of unexplained powers that seem to rival the Three Eyed Raven. I mean, yeah, it's making stuff up but it seems like a more logical assumption than White Walkers waiting for ice to freeze for three days especially when they didn't even need to wait for the lake to freeze in the first place

You don't have to explain the theory to me, or even try to convince me. I just said that not everyone believes it to be correct, like dude suggested, that's all.

I believe it's possible to be true, but I also believe it's equally not true. Plenty of idea's behind the whole episode and a lot of them make sense just as equally as they don't make sense because for nearly each and every assumption, you have to make shit up for it to have legitimacy.

Top Bottom