• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Jon burnt his hand pretty badly when he saved thew Lord Commander from that Wight ;)

And Ser Davos got seared nicely at the Battle of Blackwater, but I like making Hound jokes.

Though, in all seriousness, adding 'The Unburnt' to her title spam is stupid. No one she's rattling it at knows what she means by it, and it's not any sort of official title. It would be like if Jon just added 'The Many-Stabbed' to his titles or something.

It's kind of teenage try-hard, like telling everyone at school your new nickname is Bloodraven.

Jaime would need to off Jon at some point to add Wardenslayer to his cheevos.

I mean Jon would probably just let him do it real quick to get the gamerpoints if he asked nice. Not like it would stick.

bigJP

Jaime would need to off Jon at some point to add Wardenslayer to his cheevos.

I mean Jon would probably just let him do it real quick to get the gamerpoints if he asked nice. Not like it would stick.

then he kills himself to become the ultimate slayer -> kingslayer slayer

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The Hound should kill the Mountain. In a fire tbh. Failing that I would also accept Brienne.

Also, I had this thought last night that if the Night King ever sees The Mountain, he could probably turn him with a glance (on account of him being part-dead). Blue Eyed Mountain on rampage might even end Cersei.

I could see him landing in the court at King's Landing on his Zombie Dragon.

Who knows, Dany and Cersei might bond over how much they enjoy burning their enemies alive. The two may get along.

I like the way you think.

If he kills Cersei while she's pregnant does that make him Babyslayer?

Come to think of it, Cersei is a Queenslayer since she killed Margaery...Guess she also had Robert killed though, and already killed one of her children....If Jaime kills her and their unborn in the process, they can all hold the same slayer titles.

BriGuy

Jaime needs to complete his arc, full circle, poetry.
Kingslayer AND Queenslayer...

Cersei is so dead.
That's my thoughts too. Maybe every side will agree to mobilize against the WW, but Cersei will see it as an opportunity to pull some shit, and Jaime, realizing how fucked everything is and how similar she's acting to the mad king, knocks her off.

Of course he doesn't survive either though. Maybe he'll use that poisoned lipstick and not take the antidote, or he'll burn down whatever building they're in and the last we see of him is a sad nod to Tyrion before it collapses on him.

It's tropey as hell, but that's what the series is forcing on itself by sprinting towards the finish.

Come to think of it, Cersei is a Queenslayer since she killed Margaery...Guess she also had Robert killed though, and already killed one of her children....If Jaime kills her and their unborn in the process, they can all hold the same slayer titles.

Cersei picked up Queenslayer taking out Margaery.

Jaime got Kingslayer taking out Aerys.

Tyrion snagged Kinslayer for killing Tywin.

If only they realized what a great team they make!

Sephzilla

The Hound should kill the Mountain. In a fire tbh. Failing that I would also accept Brienne.

Also, I had this thought last night that if the Night King ever sees The Mountain, he could probably turn him with a glance (on account of him being part-dead). Blue Eyed Mountain on rampage might even end Cersei.

I could see him landing in the court at King's Landing on his Zombie Dragon.

Hound and Brienne 2v1 versus The Mountain?

Addi

Though, in all seriousness, adding 'The Unburnt' to her title spam is stupid. No one she's rattling it at knows what she means by it, and it's not any sort of official title. It would be like if Jon just added 'The Many-Stabbed' to his titles or something.

It's kind of teenage try-hard, like telling everyone at school your new nickname is Bloodraven.

Jon Snow, first of his name, lord commander, king of the north, the many-stabbed, father of wolf, freer of wildlings, killer of White Walkers, bastard.

Oh shit that's right, he's missing Kinslayer, that one's pretty important.

He killed his cousin in the cage when he was caught by the Starks

Harmen

The whole "it's a trap by the NK" thing is what I choose to believe.

But why then still attack as soon as you know the ice can hold the army without the dragons in sight?

Or, on the other hand, the King's aunt wouldn't have known if the suicide squad had died while she was riding her dragon for 28 hours or so. So if I were the NK, why not train for the olympics on Jon & co in the meantime? Or just let your zombie army swim to them, since they seem perfectly capable of doing so? Then his enemies would be dead and the dragons would still have come.

Also, I believe Jaime will put an end to Cersei.

J2 Cool

Tyrion saying that Cersei would deliberately say something to Dany to make her lose her temper is very much foreshadowing IMO. Just like him mentioning wildfire to Dany in S06E09 before we saw sept of baelor decimated.

Probably something about losing one of her children

This makes me think that Jon will not survive the season. The 'good' guys have been getting progressively less good as time goes on - Arya is a brutal assassin, Sansa has been learning manipulation from LF and Cersei, Dany has become increasingly angry and willing to burn people alive, bran is detached and uncaring. We may see the good guys win but see them becoming the bad guys. Jon though appears to be good through and through, he'll have to die - again.

Jon dying this season after all the build up of him and his secret heritage without that being used in any significant way doesn't make sense past empty shock value.

At this point, Jon is effectively the fireworks factory in the Poochie episode of the Simpsons, too much build up and too many plot points tie into him, a random death now (again) would give the audience significant narrative blue balls.

Eh, I donno what to think of this series anymore.... But I do know it's as entertaining and fun to watch as it ever was!

Say what you will, but it's Quality fantasy entertainment mate.

RIP Viserion, you beautiful priest!

dragonheart_gif_by_rusticdragon-d3gpykb.gif

And of course RIP Thoros: you sexy beast!

tumblr_ls3wbzPTq01qdm2mxo1_500.gif

Eh, I donno what to think of this series anymore.... But I do know it's as entertaining and fun to watch as it ever was!

Say what you will, but it's Quality fantasy entertainment mate.

I think at this point that's the kind of mentality you need to fully enjoy this season. They're working on SparkNotes here. You're only gonna get like half the conversations you want out of these characters coming together and those conversations aren't gonna be as deep as you'd hope. So to make up for that, they made this season super action packed and full of bombast and spectacle. I think that's about the only direction they can really go with the number of episodes and the material they have to work with.

GreyWind

Let's see:

1. Main Titles - duh?
2. Dragonstone - (Dany arriving, E01)
3. Shall We Begin? (Credits music, E01)
4. The Queen's Justice
5. A Game I Like to Play (Arya/Sansa, faceless men theme, dunno?)
6. I Am the Storm (Euron theme)
7. The Gift (Euron delivers Ellaria/Tyene, E03)
8. Dragonglass (Caves, E04)
9. Spoils of War, Pt. 1 (Battle, E04)
10. Spoils of War, Pt. 2 (Same)
11. The Dagger (Bran/LF discussion, Bran/Sansa/Arya discussion?, E04)
12. Home
13. Gorgeous Beasts (Jon/Dany/Drogon, E05)
14. The Long Farewell
15. Against All Odds
16. See You for What You Are
17. Casterly Rock (Unsullied take Casterly Rock, E03)
18. A Lion's Legacy
19. Message for Cersei
20. Ironborn (Euron theme variation? "What is dead may never die" - Theon theme variation?)
21. No One Walks Away from Me
22. Truth
23. The Army of the Dead
24. Winter Is Here

12. Home - Arya arrives to Winterfell

I'm in love with the track Gorgeous Beasts

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Ugh I think a random instagram post may have spoiled me on what is happening in the season finale.

Obviously won't even hint at it here, but if so how disappointing to me to be spoiled so randomly like that in a post that literally had nothing to do with GoT but they decided to throw something in.

It was along the lines of "hey check out our restaurant it has delicious food and also Snape kills Harry"

"Game of Thrones has dragons lololol why are people asking how people are traveling so quickly and pointing out plotholes" is such a frustrating argument I'm hearing a lot of.

There has to be something to take up the next 8 hours or so of GoT. If its just good guys team up and put the hurt on the Night King that doesnt seem like a very interesting story to me.
there's a ton of plot points to cover, still. the whole of Westeros still needs to learn r+l=j, there'll probably a ripple effect of that for an episode or 2.
this story delving into generic good and all humanity vs evil is so

QLz96_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

I have Lord of the Rings for that, this series being different is what really got my interest. I agree with some other user that said some favorite characters are going to do some questionable shit that we won't like. Sansa/Arya killing each other would be dumb as fuck though, I mean something along the lines that makes sense within their characters..
The ending is supposed to LOTR-style bittersweet, you know. This series being different is what got me into it too but if it bores you that the good guys are starting to prevail then that's just something I can't level with you on. I'd hate to watch this show continue to be cynical and punishing the good characters to the max - especially since we're all the way at the end.
This makes me think that Jon will not survive the season. The 'good' guys have been getting progressively less good as time goes on - Arya is a brutal assassin, Sansa has been learning manipulation from LF and Cersei, Dany has become increasingly angry and willing to burn people alive, bran is detached and uncaring. We may see the good guys win but see them becoming the bad guys. Jon though appears to be good through and through, he'll have to die - again.
As far as personality goes, Jon is the same as before except he's got more of a fiery attitude. Arya is a brutal assassin but she's still got a code. She hasn't hurt innocent people (yet). Sansa has proven herself to be a loyal, loving and concerned sister to Jon as far as I can tell. Whatever she's learned from Cersei and Petyr, she isn't using to be malevolent or sinister. Fuck Bran. Although I am of the opinion that his behavior has improved from episode to episode and his absence in the past episode was to not interrupt the stupid Winterfell drama that's building up.

Dany is getting ruthless - but I think that's why it's so important that she's with Jon. She cares about his opinion a lot, if it weren't for him, she would've lit up King's Landing. So as long as she listens to him, he'll cool her down. He is the ice to her fire

With regards to pacing and fast traveling, has anyone been confused by it? Like legit confused? It seems people are just shocked at how fast things are going instead of the slower previous seasons.

"Game of Thrones has dragons lololol why are people asking how people are traveling so quickly and pointing out plotholes" is such a frustrating argument I'm hearing a lot of.

whoever says that to you, tell them that "from the beginning of this show to the end, there have always been dragons. the difference between then and now are the rapid fire transit the characters got and the plot holes. what's dragons got to do with that shit?"

That new theme that I've heard twice now (during Jon touching Drogon/Jon and Dany on the boat scenes) is pretty good.
Hope we get something amazing for the finale like Light of the Seven, though I think he can't top that.

Doomsayer

That new theme that I've heard twice now (during Jon touching Drogon/Jon and Dany on the boat scenes) is pretty good.
Hope we get something amazing for the finale like Light of the Seven, though I think he can't top that.

I went to the Game of Thrones orchestra in LA and Light of the Seven gave me chills. Such a fucking amazing track.

kingslunk

So when the whitewalkers get to king's landing... and everyone finds out theres no wildfire to kill the whitewalkers. Cersei's gonna feel real dumb.

Top Bottom