• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

How many episodes do we have left, not counting next week's finale? 13? Less? I really can't see them closing every arc satisfyingly in that short amount of (screen) time.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
How many episodes do we have left, not counting next week's finale? 13? Less? I really can't see them closing every arc satisfyingly in that short amount of (screen) time.

The rumor is 13 but nothing has been set in stone just yet.

Nameless

Subbing to new thread. Hopefully episode 10 can keep up with the last one.

Looking back on past finales, particularly 2,3, and 4, which followed insane ep9s, there's always some disappointment in the sort or epilogue format, but I think there's at least one more big shoe to drop this year.

I predicted before the season that Winter would hit and/or Dany would finally prepare to sail West in this last episode and it feels think we're set up for one or both to happen. Plus of course Cersei nuking a chunk of King's Landing which would sustain me all off season.

Anyone else wish it showed you a tiny bit more of Ramsay getting ripped apart? Could have been as gory as the dornish guys death against mountain.

Einchy

So, like, do all of the Umber, Karstark and Bolton men join Jon's army or what? Not sure if the show has ever established what happens when you defeat everyone and their men are still around.

I'm expecting huge things in the next episode. At least half of these, if not all.

1. Danny begins the second Targaryen invasion of Westeros. (set sail, not actually arrive yet)
2. Jaime leaves for (and maybe arrives at) Winterfell with his fully stocked and unbloodied army to retake it.
3. As this is happening, The Wall suddenly falls to the White Walkers prompting a makeshift alliance between the Jon-Jaime parties.
4. King's Landing gets set ablaze by wildfire (or at least the Red Keep)

Volimar

So, like, do all of the Umber, Karstark and Bolton men join Jon's army or what? Not sure if the show has ever established what happens when you defeat everyone and their men are still around.

It's at the whim of the victors. They could be executed, imprisoned, or disarmed and sent home. I doubt they'd be trusted to join Jon's army. Especially the Bolton forces.

Einchy

The other day I said that I also believed Dany would finally set sail this season and this week's episode made it seem like it's gonna happen. She now has the Iron Fleet and The Master's armada and she even asks Tyrion if it was "enough" and I said something like "it should be".

>No more Masters
>Enough ships
>3 armies
>3 fully controllable dragons

IT'S TIME BABYYYY

Watched it yesterday and was blown away by that massive battle. I couldn't help but think back to listening to Dan Carlin's "Hardcore History" podcasts talk about ancient warfare like the Battle of Cannae. That scene with John Snow almost getting suffocated and trampled to death in that mass of bodies was harrowing as fuck. I am amazed at how far TV has come with shows doing epic battles like this.

LOL at Dorne plot just kinda disappearing. I can't say I mind.

Einchy

Oh, it will return. Maybe not this season but I think it's very obvious where Varys went on his "secret recruiting mission"

Feels like the writers took a year off Dorne to figure out how to fix it since people were so down on it in season 5.

This series GoT has got it's groove back and Sunday's episode was one of the best hours of television I've ever seen.

No idea what happens next but going by the hypothesizing in my office if Kings Landing isn't a burning pile of rubble, if Dany isn't on a boat heading to Westeros and if the White Walkers aren't at the Wall - then we'll all be pretty disappointed.

I wonder if we get a big death in the last episode? Cersei, Jamie, Sansa etc. Who would have the biggest impact if they copped it?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The other day I said that I also believed Dany would finally set sail this season and this week's episode made it seem like it's gonna happen. She now has the Iron Fleet and The Master's armada and she even asks Tyrion if it was "enough" and I said something like "it should be".

>No more Masters
>Enough ships
>3 armies
>3 fully controllable dragons

IT'S TIME BABYYYY

Crazy thing, with the current state of Westeros, she could get by with half of what she has.

Einchy

Crazy thing, with the current state of Westeros, she could get by with half of what she has.

She could probably take on a full army with just Drogon, like the battle of the bastards, could you imagine how quickly that would've ended with Drogon?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
She could probably take on a full army with just Drogon, like the battle of the bastards, could you imagine how quickly that would've ended with Drogon?

If it was on ramsey's side, He could easily just make Wildling Stew while they were in the Bolton Bowl.

Drogon had trouble with spear chuckers. Those archers might have done him in.

He's bigger now, probably learned a lesson: Don't just stay on the ground and be surrounded. Now, he could just land on a bunch of them, and burn the rest inside 10 seconds. Anyone around would be shitting their pants and trying to run.

Ferrio

Banned
Dany is going to find out what a shit hole Westeros is and just turn around. Man go take over Braavos, that place is awesome.

Volimar

Dany is going to find out what a shit hole Westeros is and just turn around. Man go take over Braavos, that place is awesome.

Yeah I don't get it. Maybe Highgarden is gorgeous. Or grab the throne and ship it back to Mereen. Living in a pyramid is kind of cool.

-griffy-

Banned
don't we know that they are at least running up through season 8?

It's only been officially renewed for a season 7 (cause that's just how HBO rolls), but everyone has talked about two more shortened seasons. Exact numbers aren't set in stone yet but 13 more episodes is the number being thrown around.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Godly season so far

oh, something i through together yesterday

13381127_141468332924403_1910531248_n.jpg

This is really nice!

This season has been simply amazing. Watched all 5 seasons just before this released and I think this is easily up there with Season 4 as the best so far. Depending on the final episode, it could go either way.

For me it's:

1. Season 4 = Season 6
3. Season 3
4. Season 1
5. Season 5
6. Season 2

Battle of the Bastards is up there with Hardhome as the show's pinnacle.

Grinchy

Banned
still dont understand the advantage of two shortened season vs a blaze of glory final season with longer book ends

It's the same thing AMC did with Breaking Bad.

They're just extending the amount of time people watch the channel. Why keep people tuned in for one year when you can keep them for two? Especially on a subscription-based service like HBO.

Money is the only reason for this decision.

-griffy-

Banned
still dont understand the advantage of two shortened season vs a blaze of glory final season with longer book ends

Logistically they'll need the extra time and budget to even create the shortened seasons, most probably. They simply wouldn't be able to do a single longer season in one calendar year as they are already working miracles to get the 10 episodes done now, and with the scale presumably ramping up even more in the final seasons they'll fully make use of any extra time per episode they can get. Reminder that the Battle for Winterfell took 25 days to shoot.

HvySky

I think people might be reading too much into Sansa and her "motives". I assumed she hadn't actually gotten confirmation on whether or not the Knights of the Vale were coming, and telling Jon without knowing for sure if they would actually come would be a mistake. Not to mention he could be upset that she went behind his back after talking shit about Littlefinger. Even if Sansa has changed and become a true player of the game, I don't think she's crossed the point of actively wanting her siblings dead. She comes across as a survivor to me, not someone who's hungry for power.

kmfdmpig

If it was on ramsey's side, He could easily just make Wildling Stew while they were in the Bolton Bowl.

He's bigger now, probably learned a lesson: Don't just stay on the ground and be surrounded. Now, he could just land on a bunch of them, and burn the rest inside 10 seconds. Anyone around would be shitting their pants and trying to run.

It's hard for me to tell how powerful the dragons are. They certainly looked powerful, but it took them a fair amount of time to ruin the ship, which I'd think would be pretty easy to destroy given that it was wood and had flammable material for the catapults. My takeaway from that (which could be completely wrong) was that the dragons were not as powerful as they looked. With that said and army with dragons would, of course, have an advantage over an army without.

Them taking down one ship was more of a show of force IMO. If they had spread out and spread their fire out, they could have easily wiped out the entire fleet

I get that, but it took all three and it took several bursts of fire. When I saw Drogon go after the ships I had assumed he would be able to singlehandedly destroy one quite quickly.

It's hard for me to tell how powerful the dragons are. They certainly looked powerful, but it took them a fair amount of time to ruin the ship, which I'd think would be pretty easy to destroy given that it was wood and had flammable material for the catapults. My takeaway from that (which could be completely wrong) was that the dragons were not as powerful as they looked. With that said and army with dragons would, of course, have an advantage over an army without.
Them taking down one ship was more of a show of force IMO. If they had spread out and spread their fire out, they could have easily wiped out the entire fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom